Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:10:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?  (Read 1225 times)
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:16:02 PM

Firstly I will say the market value at the time will determine how long to hold,  an investor might not have to hold that long to make good profit. 
Personally I'm just a beginner in crypto so I can't tell if I can hold for as long as 6-12 months or more
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:20:54 PM

Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?

Of course. I have tried also doing that at it gave me a lot of profit by just waiting it out and not doing anything with it until that day comes.
duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:31:12 PM

Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?

Of course. I have tried also doing that at it gave me a lot of profit by just waiting it out and not doing anything with it until that day comes.
It is perfectly correct! but many people are accustomed to continuous buying and selling, buying and selling. This can indeed obtain a small amount of short-term benefits, but in the end they will find that they do not earn those who can hold on for long-term holdings.

gokusenpai0302

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 04:51:49 PM

I used to invest in long-term investment, that is why I hold every coin I have for about more than a year. I didn't experience to have a huge profit for about 6 to 12mos, but in my experience, I bought BTC on 2015 and that was really cheap for about more or less 250$ which I hold it for more than 2yrs and sold it for 18,000$. That was the highlight of my life when BTC hit up to more than 18,000$, of course, I doubted BTC for several times and I almost lost faith on it but I really believe on BTC that time and that's the only chance I have in order to help my family. I never lose hope and I stands with BTC until one day, it chang

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
decano

Activity: 316
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:24:31 PM

Those who bought cryptocurrencies in December 2017 are still hodling because they are still at a loss.  It may take a few more months to break even or possibly longer.  Those who have bought in the last couple of month may be in serious profit shortly.   
UltraHD_4K

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 05:37:10 PM

I haven't hodl up for 1 year, but if for 6 months I think it's pretty good. Actually as we know, it's not depends on the time but it most of hype, quality of the product and  momentum that attract more investors.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:40:57 PM

Of course there are such people and there are a lot of them, but unfortunately or vice versa to some people's schizophrenia, it is not accepted at the forum to write about who earned how much, so today many people simply do not talk about it, although there were good days for people
Tirdok

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:41:50 PM

Yes, I'm on ETH got a good profit. last year I invested in ETH and this year sold. within 6 months received a two-fold profit
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:41:53 PM

I haven't hodl up for 1 year, but if for 6 months I think it's pretty good. Actually as we know, it's not depends on the time but it most of hype, quality of the product and  momentum that attract more investors.
just like me, I never hold token for more than 1 year because I have a bad experience on it. I can hold token for up to 6 months at most.
and I think that's enough for tokens to grow to their highest price. but usually I sell tokens only after the price is above the ICO price
Katekuz

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:50:15 PM

At the moment, I hold the coin for 3 months and got 4 times more, and some coins have a much better performance.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:44:01 PM

At the moment, I hold the coin for 3 months and got 4 times more, and some coins have a much better performance.
Also, I always believe holding with some level of wisdom is way much better and in that case whenever there is an unnecessary FOMO one should always know when to call it a day for such investment and look for better position to buy back in the future. The market always have one behavior, it is more like money interchanging in between bitcoin into altcoin and into fiat as long as traders are going to keep making huge profits from all these.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 05:56:36 PM

Of course people are making serious profits by doing just that. Just look at any chart, if you buy at the right time, you can easily double or triple your investment.
Litecoin is a prime example, end of March 2017 they were trading at 4 dollars. If you had bought then and sold just 9 months later, you would have gotten a whopping 150 dollars per Litecoin.

Plus, it's far less risky than just day-trading! You just gotta have the patience to hold onto your coins.

timmeyh

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:11:58 PM

First of all you need to make a plan before investing in anything, generally speaking. If you know that you won`t hold the coin a big period of time, than make your choice based on that. Personally, I`ve made profit from medium-term investments, yes.
semarmesem195

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:19:38 PM

That time period is more effective for a profit because it's easier to predict the price. Actually I think it does not have to be on time 1 year to get profit, the time is only in use as a reference because although not one year and the price has reached the target we expect maybe we will stop at the target.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
hoosen

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:33:44 PM

Yes, I did not badly earn a ripple in two years, but could have much more if I sold it in the winter. I hope its price will return to $2.
hidden jutsu

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:34:49 PM

yes you can make a serious profit from holding that long, there can be a lot of growth on the price of the altcoin for 6-12 months, with that long time holding, you can actually have the opportunity to sell at a higher price.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
parlerm

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:42:05 PM

Invest In ICO are more profitable than trading. And you right, it can make profit very big. But it bit risky for Coin to be shitcoin. So don't too long hold your coin.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:53:39 PM

yes you can make a serious profit from holding that long, there can be a lot of growth on the price of the altcoin for 6-12 months, with that long time holding, you can actually have the opportunity to sell at a higher price.
Are you some kind of genie who can predict the future values of cryptocurrencies? Your prediction may be wrong since nobody can accurately predict the value of a particular coin or token in this crypto market at any point of time. They can speculate at best based on research. HODLING is obviously an effective strategy sometimes, but it fails sometimes since selling at the right moment matters more in this aspect. I prefer HODLING when compared to short term trading since there is less stress involved with HODLING and I generally earned greater profits through this method in the long run.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
clavirda

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:43:47 PM

The situation depends on the specific coin and the prospects for its growth in the future. It is necessary to be guided by market fluctuations. He periodically undergoes falls and growth, there is a correction.
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:50:16 PM

There are so.many ICOs now, so it is possible to invest in 20/projects and still fail in all if not well researched. If you hold such coins in more than 2 years one may not gain any profit. Some coin never got on.any exchange in 1 year. Some coins move from top 10 to above 1500. It is not.as easy trade but do due diligence

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: