Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DAOstack: Complete Tools for Decentralized Collaboration at Scale  (Read 14519 times)
Splin V
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

HEROIC.com | The Future of AI-Powered Cybersecurit

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:07:38 AM

In this interview for Epicenter, Matan talks about the differences between Backfeed and DAOstack, DAOs and the future of organizations, Genesis DAO, Alchemy, Holographic Consensus, Futarchy, Sidechains, Project Development

https://forum.daostack.io/t/interview-5-31-2018-epicenter-with-matan-field/219

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:19:57 AM

I am hearing rumours of a partnership with Huobi in the works. Does anyone think that would turn things around?

Who knows, now it looks like nothing can turn around it, and it is very sad.

It is about DAOstack smart contract framework, Arc and Alchemy on Ethereum main net. Good news, definitely, but of course a lot of work is ahead. And the price of GEN is so crazy low... i thought that i'm a winner when bought it at 0.00049 ETH, but now it 0.00039...

Thanx man for your help, really have no time to understand it. And yes I don't understand why the price is falling so deep too. Hope you will earn a good roi with GEN, really wish you that and I will buy it too, but a bit later, when I learn more about them and when the market turns around, of course if it happen...

Well, I think the price is falling, because…

1.: …at the moment, it is an overall difficult market.
2.: …the team is not focussing on marketing (which is ok).
3.: …the product is hard to explain to retail investors.
4.: …with GEN being traded on smallish exchanges, bigger investors are probably not interested yet.
panosdada

Activity: 456
Merit: 102

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:00:29 AM

New blog update! Introducing the Plantoid DAOstack pilot spearheaded by yaoeo, as well as updates about Alchemy & Genesis launches, exchanges, and community-building initiatives:

DAOstack Update: Mainnet Launch & Genesis Alpha DAO || Plantoid Project || Media Roundup || DappCon || Exchanges || Community Initiatives
https://medium.com/daostack/daostack-update-mainnet-launch-genesis-alpha-dao-plantoid-media-roundup-dappcon-f724fc7133aa

mainnet.. but daostack is on ethereum network and as far I know they didn't plan to build own chain, or it means the smart contract framework, can someone clarify?
Mainnet does not necessarily need its own blockchain. In some cases, mainnet is possible on the Ethereum network. you need to read the white paper.

Ale75Opus

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:58:14 PM

DAOstack is not the first project that aims to provide DAO functionality to end users (you can recall Aragon). However, the developers, I hope, took into account the experience of their predecessors.
ophyrim

Merit: 391

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:39:42 AM

4.: …with GEN being traded on smallish exchanges, bigger investors are probably not interested yet.

I totally agree and I think the team does not support the community enough. They are a focus for the development of the project at the moment. But the selling pressure is getting worse if this situation will continue like this. And they will lose the community support which is very weak now.
ttookk

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:39:32 AM

I totally agree and I think the team does not support the community enough. They are a focus for the development of the project at the moment. But the selling pressure is getting worse if this situation will continue like this. And they will lose the community support which is very weak now.

What exactly do you mean by "supporting the community"? First of all, who is the "community"? Token holders? This would be an extremely diverse group, consisting everything from a short-term spaculator to a hardcore believer.

And then, what do you mean by "supporting"? Could be anything from actively engaging with them regarding questions and updates to helping them pump the token or whatever.

I'm in favour of an open and communicative team, but be aware that there isn't so much to communicate about. Unless you have a working product, actively advertising the service will do more harm than good. Here is something everybody who does advertising knows and everbody who wants to advertise something needs to know:

You only have one shot.
If a potential client clicks on an ad and comes to a "still working on it, come back later, subscribe for out newsletter" page instead of a product they can instantly use, they will never come back to it, because in their mind, it is tagged as "unfinished, not working" and it is extremely hard to change this perception.

With that in mind, you can't expect the team to run around telling everybody how great their product is going to be. I mean, there's nothing wrong with creating buzz and getting people interested, but you have to be somewhat careful about what kind of people we are talking about. Potential users of your service are definitely not the right kind for now.
NakiRR

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:31:45 AM

I am hearing rumours of a partnership with Huobi in the works. Does anyone think that would turn things around?

It is about DAOstack smart contract framework, Arc and Alchemy on Ethereum main net. Good news, definitely, but of course a lot of work is ahead. And the price of GEN is so crazy low... i thought that i'm a winner when bought it at 0.00049 ETH, but now it 0.00039...

Thanx man for your help, really have no time to understand it. And yes I don't understand why the price is falling so deep too. Hope you will earn a good roi with GEN, really wish you that and I will buy it too, but a bit later, when I learn more about them and when the market turns around, of course if it happen...

The team has raised a lot of money but don't want to pay for listing... it is not OK! Or why else the GEN is still not listed on some liquid exchange? i'm not talking about binance or bitfinex, at least KuCoin, Gate, Bibox etc., it is completely real to do.
ttookk

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:45:43 PM

The team has raised a lot of money but don't want to pay for listing... it is not OK! Or why else the GEN is still not listed on some liquid exchange? i'm not talking about binance or bitfinex, at least KuCoin, Gate, Bibox etc., it is completely real to do.

Things are not that easy.

First of all, asking for a listing fee is somewhat unethical in my book and sends an overall wrong signal. It drives truly community driven projects out of the public eye and focusses on projects with centralized development. But this might be getting to deep here.

However, I got the feeling that DAOstck bigger problem might be the question if the token might be a security. This is extremely difficult regulatory territory, and the fact that DAOstack even refers to "DAO", keeping in mind that the original DAO token was deemed a security, doesn't make this any easier.

In other news, I find trading via IDEX actually pretty easy and stress free. No sign-up, no KYC, built-in hardware wallet security… weren't we all screaming for working decentralized exchanges for the last year and a half? Well, here they are, yet we still need Binance (or whatever the "hot exchange to be at" is) to pump our bags. How was that part about self souvereignity again? Yeah…
ArthurBitHunter

Activity: 379
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:14:52 PM

One of the best projects of 2018. I've never seen anything like it before . it would be nice if the team took on a thread for a new project . I think investors will support with high interest
LoganAlan

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:11:14 PM

I'm curious to know in less than 10 days 20% bonus will unlock of pre sale and then after a month the big 30% private sale tokens bonuses of 30% will unlock so how the planning to handle that. the curculating supply will increase in big numbers and how the team will make sure the liquidity?
coinsniperX

Activity: 404
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:23:49 PM

First of all, asking for a listing fee is somewhat unethical in my book and sends an overall wrong signal. It drives truly community driven projects out of the public eye and focusses on projects with centralized development. But this might be getting to deep here.

However, I got the feeling that DAOstck bigger problem might be the question if the token might be a security. This is extremely difficult regulatory territory, and the fact that DAOstack even refers to "DAO", keeping in mind that the original DAO token was deemed a security, doesn't make this any easier.

In other news, I find trading via IDEX actually pretty easy and stress free. No sign-up, no KYC, built-in hardware wallet security… weren't we all screaming for working decentralized exchanges for the last year and a half? Well, here they are, yet we still need Binance (or whatever the "hot exchange to be at" is) to pump our bags. How was that part about self souvereignity again? Yeah…
hmmm... if it will be considered like a security token, than it may be delisted even from idex, and it may be really hard to list it another exchanges, I hope that it will not happen, really. I believe in reorganization and restructuring of enterprises in the future, and really like all projects about DAO, they have a great potential. And I hope that I'm not mistaken, because I already bought some GEN on idex and going to hodl it.
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:54:35 PM

It is not a problem if the token is not listed yet in major exchanges. Let the dev team finish the development stage, and try to simplify the technology for the mass adoption. Once these two steps are completed, no doubt you will see greater things.
NakiRR

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:52:30 PM

Fully agree with you in case of idex, this is the best dex that i've ever seen before, most convenient and secure. But i think that we need something bigger, where the team can order a smart market making for GEN to attract attention of traders and investors.
As you could also notice, the project is a really live one and the team is working good on it and doing regular reports about work that they have done. And the communication with community is also became good and quality. But to this moment a lot of people have lost around 80% of their invested on ICO money and the price is still not going up... That is why the team will not lose their crown if they ask about listing, and vice versa, they will have a benefits of that.
And what about "security token", yeah i'm afraid that it may be determined like that one. But in that case we have a lot of exchanges which are registered in a free economic zones or countries where this policy is not working, and they can close their eyes on that. Do you agree with me?
ttookk

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:23:32 PM

(…)

Fully agree with you in case of idex, this is the best dex that i've ever seen before, most convenient and secure. But i think that we need something bigger, where the team can order a smart market making for GEN to attract attention of traders and investors.
As you could also notice, the project is a really live one and the team is working good on it and doing regular reports about work that they have done. And the communication with community is also became good and quality. But to this moment a lot of people have lost around 80% of their invested on ICO money and the price is still not going up... That is why the team will not lose their crown if they ask about listing, and vice versa, they will have a benefits of that.
And what about "security token", yeah i'm afraid that it may be determined like that one. But in that case we have a lot of exchanges which are registered in a free economic zones or countries where this policy is not working, and they can close their eyes on that. Do you agree with me?

Yeah, when I put my trading goggles on, I totally agree. Having a BTC trading pair on a somewhat decent exchange would be definitely a big step forward. As big as ETH is, the big daddy of crypto is still Bitcoin.

Yet, I can totally understand if the team is not willing to throw millions of $$$ down Binance's throats to make us happy. I am not an ICO participant, so my position is a different one, though.

Regarding the security aspect, I am really not sure. I don't know the international laws regarding securities, but it will definitely hurt the short term price development, and be it only because the US (we are most likely speaking about US security law here) is a big market.
And while the days of the wild west may not be over yet, there's a decent chance that they will be in the next few years. Keeping that in mind, having a big position in a token which is more of a long term play than short term, doesn't really make sense.
bluebird2016

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:15:35 AM

I am seeing more and more about DAOs in the news recently, really think this whole ecosystem is a sleeping giant. There is very little knowledge out there about DAOs, and incredibly small investment so far. As the news grows, so will the interest in specific projects - and DAOstack harnessing new DAOs is pretty mindblowing.

Example of the latest news about voting governance:

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-valley-declares-blockchain-voting-trial-a-success/

This is very exciting times for those invested, but we must help the team to spread the word - we're all in this together!
Vitamin_52

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:48:50 AM

In this interview for Epicenter, Matan talks about the differences between Backfeed and DAOstack, DAOs and the future of organizations, Genesis DAO, Alchemy, Holographic Consensus, Futarchy, Sidechains, Project Development, and more

https://forum.daostack.io/t/interview-5-31-2018-epicenter-with-matan-field/219
ophyrim

Merit: 391

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:24:19 PM

The team doesn't understand ICO investor's situation. Because of this problem, GEN has lost more than 80%. Many ICO investor just wants to save his/her money which they have invested at GEN. They don't care about the current situation of the project. They will sell and never return again. If there is no community the quality of the project doesn't make any sense. The community and the quality of the project are strong with together. GEN was the only red coin in my portfolio yesterday and still no hope for the rise of the price. 40-50 ETH daily total volume is unacceptable. Nearly no one is aware of the project.

After the ICO the team didn't want to (or not make enough effort) list the token. And during the ICO there was no personal cap. The result is low volume with high sell pressure without demand and 80% lost.

In the future, no one will remember the quality of the project. The only thing will be remembered will be the loss.
Pavel1391

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:11:20 PM

Daostack offers a wonderful and very thoughtful solution that can have a big impact on solving extremely important problems by using collective intelligence.
The project has a very well-organized ecosystem that is able to ensure the fairness, efficiency and transparency of all internal processes.
panosdada

Activity: 456
Merit: 102

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:32:56 AM

Daostack offers a wonderful and very thoughtful solution that can have a big impact on solving extremely important problems by using collective intelligence.
The project has a very well-organized ecosystem that is able to ensure the fairness, efficiency and transparency of all internal processes.
All this is just wonderful! But investors have one big problem - the price of the Daostack token fell very much, and we received large losses.

NakiRR

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:17:16 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 12:33:09 AM by NakiRR

(…)

Yeah, when I put my trading goggles on, I totally agree. Having a BTC trading pair on a somewhat decent exchange would be definitely a big step forward. As big as ETH is, the big daddy of crypto is still Bitcoin.

Yet, I can totally understand if the team is not willing to throw millions of $$$ down Binance's throats to make us happy. I am not an ICO participant, so my position is a different one, though.

Regarding the security aspect, I am really not sure. I don't know the international laws regarding securities, but it will definitely hurt the short term price development, and be it only because the US (we are most likely speaking about US security law here) is a big market.
And while the days of the wild west may not be over yet, there's a decent chance that they will be in the next few years. Keeping that in mind, having a big position in a token which is more of a long term play than short term, doesn't really make sense.
Don't know what about binance, it is not simple and very expensive (around 1.5-5 million dollars in tokens), in case of quarkchain, due to it's price to the moment of listing it was around 20 million dollars on QKC ...)) But CZ always says that if the team is good and doing their best with their project, then they can list them for free, and it is good policy, i respect him for that.

And yes i'm not an ICO investor too but to this moment i have a big position in GEN (as for my pocket) and of course i will be happy to see it on binance too, payed or not, it doesn't matter for me and other investors  Smiley And in any case it is my medium or even long-term investment and if the price fall further, i will close my eyes and buy more  Smiley I don't know why, but i have a good feeling about DAOstack, really hope that i'm not mistaken.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: