Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any ideas for making off-chain provably fair games?  (Read 671 times)
Amitabh S (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:15:48 AM

Can you guy share your ideas on how to implement off-chain games that are provably fair. I'm looking more at the provably fair part. If it helps, consider a dice game.

As an unrelated question: On-chain games like satoshidice and likes have bloated the chain from 2gb to 13gb in a year. What is the future? Are we looking at 1 TB in a few years?

EDIT: posted in wrong forum. Wanted to do in "Dev and tech support". Can mods move?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:26:33 AM

There are several provably fair off-chain dice games already. What are you thinking of that these don't already have?
Amitabh S (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:50:01 AM

There are several provably fair off-chain dice games already. What are you thinking of that these don't already have?

I want to make a game, so looking for ideas. Think of simple dice game like satoshidice but the multiple tosses are done off the chain and finally amount is withdrawn. (I think new satoshidice works like this).

Basically want to generate a sequence of random numbers connecting an "initial" transaction and a "final" transaction, such that users and public can verify fairness.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:19:21 PM

Again, this already exists and is used to gamble millions of BTC already. What's wrong with copying one of the existing ones?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:55:06 PM

Amitabh, See primedice.com

keknow

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:45:02 PM

i have a few ideas for some games but i know  little to nothing on making a site with the whole bitcoinPHP
Live Wallet Web Package crap i wish i had the money to just pay some1 to make it grrr
Alias

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

Money be green

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:44:04 PM

I think that you are imagining creating a DAC (Decentralized Autonomous Community/Corporation) or in this case a DAG (Decentralized Autonomous Game). Basically the game itself will have a blockchain but not necessarily an ever-expanding or persistent blockchain. It will just serve to provably verify the correct state of the game amoungst the players involved (like the state of a chessboard at a given time). The DAC can then interface with bitcoind to handle any monetary transactions or financial rewards for winning games or for demonstrating excellent play for example.

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: