Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:11:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bear may be good for us  (Read 2628 times)
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

I like your thought as many forks are just copy cat of original and it seems there is no real intentions to fix some flaws that they saw in bitcoin blockchain and all this developer want is to get quick investment from newbie investor and they would vanish anytime. so far bear market is good for those who want t accumulate more coins as prices are very low. but for those who want to liquidate some cash this would not be a good time for them

dgross0818

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:27:05 PM

We are in a bear market, (granted, it's easing up a bit), but it's a huge dip, since we had the $20,000 ATH hit sometime in December 2017. So here are the Silver linings in the dark clouds..
More FUD resistance. Well consider this just like a vaccination. We all have that Fever that follows vaccines. But the good thing is it shoots up our resistance, our nerve. To handle bad news
Okay, at least with passing time, we are seeing less of useless forks. Why? I truly believe by next bull run, most useless forks will fail to gain use and market shares and would eventually drop off, and original ideas will dominate
No more shitcoin.  Coins like bitcoin gold, diamond, platinum, sapphire, ruby etc etc. If this market continues for a 1 more month, we would be rid of shitcoins.
No more moon-heads. This particular issue can really rankle me up. You won't read 2 posts without a 'when moon' or 'when lambo' post popping up somehow. Especially in Telegram threads
Mass adoption. Technology will advance. I With tech advance we will see adoption rates going up. Technology like Ripple, Nano would get some look-ins
The real HODLers would be shown. And this would show peeps that really believe in projects. Not just 'get-rich-quick' guys

I go along with your words! I always say it doesn't matter if the market is growing or falling cause a person with half a brain in his head will manage to get profit anyway. The falling market, especially the cryptocurrency market, is also full of wonderful opportunities!
worldofcoins

Activity: 1890
Merit: 436

Telegram: @worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 10:31:18 PM

I think, like many people on here, that this bear market can benefit some to a certain extend especially those who want to either enter the crypto market space or simply increase their portfolio, but hopefully this trend doesn't continue for much longer.
Triple AAA

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:55:16 PM

I think this is good for me as a newbie since I can at least buy bitcoin at a cheaper price. Even though it's only a fraction of it but it is a good start to begin an investment little by little to learn how cryptocurrency works.
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:17:53 PM

We are in a bear market, (granted, it's easing up a bit), but it's a huge dip, since we had the $20,000 ATH hit sometime in December 2017. So here are the Silver linings in the dark clouds..
More FUD resistance. Well consider this just like a vaccination. We all have that Fever that follows vaccines. But the good thing is it shoots up our resistance, our nerve. To handle bad news
Okay, at least with passing time, we are seeing less of useless forks. Why? I truly believe by next bull run, most useless forks will fail to gain use and market shares and would eventually drop off, and original ideas will dominate
No more shitcoin.  Coins like bitcoin gold, diamond, platinum, sapphire, ruby etc etc. If this market continues for a 1 more month, we would be rid of shitcoins.
No more moon-heads. This particular issue can really rankle me up. You won't read 2 posts without a 'when moon' or 'when lambo' post popping up somehow. Especially in Telegram threads
Mass adoption. Technology will advance. I With tech advance we will see adoption rates going up. Technology like Ripple, Nano would get some look-ins
The real HODLers would be shown. And this would show peeps that really believe in projects. Not just 'get-rich-quick' guys

Indeed true. This should be taken as an opportunity to invest and earn huge profit once the market value starts to rise eventually. But the problem is that, pumps which have been long waited has no assurance of happening any month on this year which a bit scares many people. So to make sure nothing would be a loss, hold into your tokens and see it for ourselve what following months would bring to the cryptomarket.
ladner

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:21:15 PM

I do not think like you, the bear will make us lose and the transaction becomes much harder, you can see that the market is constantly falling and bitcoin prices are constantly decreasing in recent years and has hit $ 6000 mark. The price of altcoin is also drastically reduced and more than bitcoin, with a market capitalization of only $ 200 billion so I think the resilience is very low.
narielle

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:48:35 PM

Bear market is the right time to buy and hold our token and cryptocurrency. If we are eager to buy more and more crypto during bear season, we can have lots of profit when bull run market goes on. But buyers during a crash are those who are brave and risk taker because no one will pursue to buy during the decline of market specially that there is no assurance at all.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:57:45 PM

I don’t think so, because controlling or manipulating the prices and anything in cryptocurrency for their own sake is a bad thing which leads to a unfair business for the investors,
it should be better without them in this journey.
Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 360

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:48:27 PM

I don’t think so, because controlling or manipulating the prices and anything in cryptocurrency for their own sake is a bad thing which leads to a unfair business for the investors,

Again, they are really fraudulent activity but we can't stop them for doing it because there's no regulation. We have those whales, but they can really move the market anytime and influence others to sell and panic. Yes I agree that it would be better without them but we don't have any control whatsover, because its a free market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Oasisman

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 08:18:18 PM

We all know that taking advantage from the other for our own gain is really a bad thing, but this is reality in crypto space. Infact, this whole manipulation in the market was being considered as a normal thing to happen forgetting it is fraud. That's because not everyone has lost, there are those who knows how to ride and gained good returns.
It would be better without them, but first we need to went through general reguations in order to protect us from this kind of activities and anything like that.
Omighty28

Activity: 187
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:31:41 PM

Make no mistake — The recent downturn is bad news for most of our cryptocurrency portfolios. Unless you are an expert trader, you probably are not comfortable with shorting markets. With that being said, it is truly believed that a significant correction in prices is positive for the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the long run. After months of what seems like prices in freefall, it is easy to understand why spirits are broken and holders are skeptical; however, the common refrain that “corrections are actually good” is not merely opium. Let’s try further to take an in-depth look at significant flaws in the crypto market, how they originated, and ultimately how a bear market couldnhelo eradicate them.
Omighty28

Activity: 187
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:34:12 PM

Just like speculation is not inherently pure evil, neither is a team’s focus on their coin’s price. However, you usually will not read about the necessity of having an expensive coin to function in whitepapers. When a project generates more users, the natural effect should be an increase in price. This is where the bull market went awry. Projects ignored the long term goal of growing their user base, and instead they took shortcuts in the form of marketing fluff and hype. In bear markets, the same type of hype-driven news has almost no effect on price.

This attribute is exactly what makes bear markets healthy.
elpape225

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:53:13 PM

https://medium.com/@optitoken.io/hyperdeflationary-monetary-systems-why-they-should-be-owned-and-utilized-1a34bc2a7536
rose8963

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:42:09 PM

I think the bear market is not good at all, you can see that bitcoin and altcoin prices have been dropping dramatically over the past 7 months and there is no sign of recovery, if recovery is restored. Very light and can be reduced at any time. Therefore, trading at this time is very risky and can be very damaging if you invest long term.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 606

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:03:50 PM

I think the bear market is not good at all, you can see that bitcoin and altcoin prices have been dropping dramatically over the past 7 months and there is no sign of recovery, if recovery is restored. Very light and can be reduced at any time. Therefore, trading at this time is very risky and can be very damaging if you invest long term.
Yes.I think everybody here are already aware that the market is not really doing good these past few months.But there is nothing we can do but to keep on holding our coins until we see good price increase in the market.For now,let's try to be more patient and calm because that's what most of us here are already doing.

Sandy25

Activity: 149

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:46:31 PM

We never get rid of fuds lead to panic sell esp to newbies, and yes bear season may be good for us only when you buy huge amount during this season this is the best time to buy from dumpers.. but its kinda frustrating when you loss almost 50% of your investment with this bloody market its either you cut it or hodl it..
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:46:24 AM

I would have a look at this situation from another point of view. As we all know market is bearish now but it is impossible that market will be bearish forever. Well, it means that bearish market will be over sometime so we should observe the market to catch this situation of changing direction from the downtrend to the uptrend. Bearish market gives us excellent possibilities to buy cons on lows before a new uptrend happens.
This applies to those who just started, but for those who been investing, and trading in a while or who did some long holding, it might be a disappointment, but we should be positive since we can still earn and try to do some recover modes of buying at this drop and not holding too long to earn, we must know what applications we should do at times like this, buy and sell abruptly.
Yeah that's what I sometimes do while waiting for the price to recover. it's really sad to see the bear trend hasn't ended but that
doesn't mean you can't make a profit. You can take advantage of price increases that sometimes occur to reduce your losses
Wajan

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:26:40 AM

for us at this time do not invest and do not trade in the trade market, because the market price of bitcoin is having problems regarding the price of coins, we have to wait for the stable price of coins.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:56:55 AM

I would have a look at this situation from another point of view. As we all know market is bearish now but it is impossible that market will be bearish forever. Well, it means that bearish market will be over sometime so we should observe the market to catch this situation of changing direction from the downtrend to the uptrend. Bearish market gives us excellent possibilities to buy cons on lows before a new uptrend happens.
This applies to those who just started, but for those who been investing, and trading in a while or who did some long holding, it might be a disappointment, but we should be positive since we can still earn and try to do some recover modes of buying at this drop and not holding too long to earn, we must know what applications we should do at times like this, buy and sell abruptly.
Yeah that's what I sometimes do while waiting for the price to recover. it's really sad to see the bear trend hasn't ended but that
doesn't mean you can't make a profit. You can take advantage of price increases that sometimes occur to reduce your losses
You can only do that if you really have a good understanding about this business, the market keeps on fluctuating and most of the time shorting is really risky moves when you are just playing with the market, only experienced traders can benefits and those who knows how to hold and wait, good analysis and big nerve facing the risk of this market.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:08:26 AM

It depends on how much resilience you have and how patient you are. If you have a total trust on your coins, Which I rarely see in this market, you will survive.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█