Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] "Mining" XRP for Ripple!  (Read 17358 times)
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 08:07:39 AM

Here you can find a new way for mining XRP Cheesy

https://www.ripplelabs-wcgxrp.com/

https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4162
Quote from: jaesharp
G'day Fellow Ripplers,

Today, 3 days away from the World Community Grid's 9th birthday, I'm proud to announce why I've been absent from the forums for the last few days. I, along with many other Ripplers, have been working hard implementing the World Community Grid XRP Giveaway. As of right now, any Ripple user may donate their spare computing power to the World Community Grid in order to drive scientific discoveries in exchange for XRP.  Cheesy

I'd really appreciate it if you could give it a go at the claim and registration site.

Now about the WCG. The WCG (World Community Grid) is a public distributed supercomputing platform whose goal is, with volunteered computational resources, to assist scientific research projects that benefit humanity. Results of projects running inside the WCG are released into the public domain. Current projects running on the WCG include:

FightAIDS@Home

Tests new drugs which inhibit HIV

Help Fight Childhood Cancer

Tests new drugs which defeat one of the most frequently occurring solid tumours in children

The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2

Searches for new and more efficient solar cell materials

Computing for Clean Water

Searches for new and more efficient water filter materials

Mapping Cancer Markers

Aims to identify chemical markers associated with various types of cancer
    [/list]

among many, many others. The WCG Points generated as proof of contributing this useful work may be exchanged at the current exchange rate via our claim and registration site, linked above.

As some of the most technically oriented users in the Ripple community, we're currently looking for your feedback and suggestions before we move forward with really letting marketing rip into this. Please don't hesitate to share anything and, of course, the Ripple Bug Bounty policy remains in effect.

Now, (some of) the rules and legalese:
    WCG Points generated prior to the user's initial registration, with a hard cut-off of 8 Nov, 2013 (the date of the creation of the Ripple Labs team), will be spent upon registration. Users must join the Ripple Labs WCG Team and remain members of the team in order to convert WCG Points to XRP. Points generated and claimed, but not redeemed, prior to the day of this announcement (13 Nov, 2013) have been destroyed. Of course, the WCG Point to XRP exchange rate will float up and down depending on the quantity of computing power attached to the grid and the quantity of XRP redeemed per unit time. We'll have more technical details to share about how that's accomplished soon. We are not affiliated with or endorsed by the World Community Grid, nor do we endorse it. We disclaim any and all liability for any damages arising from participation in the giveaway. Additionally, Ripple Labs may discontinue the conversion of WCG Points into XRP at any time for any reason without notice.

With that out of the way, let's light this (birthday) candle. Cheers!
    - J

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    "The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    miffman
    Legendary

Activity: 1904
    Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
    November 14, 2013, 08:55:23 AM

Interesting

█ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    BitBlender 

█ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    Sukrim
    Legendary

Activity: 2618
    Merit: 1006

View Profile
    November 14, 2013, 10:01:14 AM

In case your Ripple wallet is not yet funded, you need to redeem at least 50 XRP to it by the way, at current rates (1:5) that's 250 WCG points.

According to http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewGlobal.do on averade that's about 2 hours of computation, one completed work unit yields about 500 points (or 100 XRP). I'm sure there are benchmarks around, my 2500k CPU for example will take about 1:20h for one work unit (working in the background) and can work on 4 of these at the same time.

No, you won't get rich and depending on the exchange rate it might not even pay off compared to mining other coins... if you anyways would have loved to try something else besides mining with your CPU/GPU though, it might be worth a try.

If you do not want the XRP, you can enter a Bitcoin address in the Ripple client (NOT in the giveaway!) and send your XRP to that address, everything over 50 XRP can be converted to BTC at market rates and will be sent to this BTC address.

Happy "mining"! Smiley

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
    https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
    aldrin

Activity: 129
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    November 15, 2013, 04:44:47 AM

This is so awesome!

FilipZ

Activity: 80
    Merit: 10

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
    February 04, 2014, 09:45:08 PM

any HW comparison? what is the best to use?

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
    ▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
    FiniteRed

Activity: 346
    Merit: 255

View Profile
    February 04, 2014, 09:59:56 PM

Fast CPU with as many cores as possible - the top of the range intel zeon processor will net you around ~200 xrp

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
    FilipZ

View Profile
    February 05, 2014, 04:25:56 AM

Fast CPU with as many cores as possible - the top of the range intel zeon processor will net you around ~200 xrp

thx

what about software, that "world communist grid" is only one chace how to dig XRP?

oh sorry its Bionic Manager or what...

Victoo

Activity: 393
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    February 05, 2014, 04:37:20 AM

thx

what about software, that "world communist grid" is only one chace how to dig XRP?

You can use Boinc if don't want to use WCG software. But you have to connect to wcg account to start earning xrp.
    NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
    February 05, 2014, 04:48:31 AM

Great intuitive that I have been taking part in  Cool
    FilipZ

View Profile
    February 05, 2014, 05:18:21 AM

thx

You can use Boinc if don't want to use WCG software. But you have to connect to wcg account to start earning xrp.

i think its same, WCG and Bionic soft....
    tried download from WCG and dwn manager told me its same file

FilipZ

View Profile
    February 05, 2014, 05:25:50 AM

How? Its still unclear for me. WRC is not only one way how to get XRP?

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
    February 05, 2014, 05:31:38 AM

How? Its still unclear for me. WRC is not only one way how to get XRP?

Register at https://www.computingforgood.org/

Everything you need to set up is there.
    FilipZ

View Profile
    February 05, 2014, 05:32:26 AM

Now digging on my Xperia Z1 lol  Roll Eyes

vleroybrown

Activity: 1137
    Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
    February 05, 2014, 06:35:49 AM

I had install problems on 3 different computers.
    FiniteRed

Activity: 346
    Merit: 255

View Profile
    February 05, 2014, 09:10:45 AM

I had install problems on 3 different computers.

Can you elaborate on said issues?

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
    FilipZ

View Profile
    February 06, 2014, 10:44:56 AM

In case your Ripple wallet is not yet funded, you need to redeem at least 50 XRP to it by the way, at current rates (1:5) that's 250 WCG points.

According to http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewGlobal.do on averade that's about 2 hours of computation, one completed work unit yields about 500 points (or 100 XRP). I'm sure there are benchmarks around, my 2500k CPU for example will take about 1:20h for one work unit (working in the background) and can work on 4 of these at the same time.

No, you won't get rich and depending on the exchange rate it might not even pay off compared to mining other coins... if you anyways would have loved to try something else besides mining with your CPU/GPU though, it might be worth a try.

If you do not want the XRP, you can enter a Bitcoin address in the Ripple client (NOT in the giveaway!) and send your XRP to that address, everything over 50 XRP can be converted to BTC at market rates and will be sent to this BTC address.

Happy "mining"! Smiley

where we can get WRC/XRP rate?

OK, im in Ripple team, I did 24h of 4-cores cpu work for WRC under this project and it results in big nothing.

glerant

Activity: 565
    Merit: 316

View Profile
    February 06, 2014, 10:59:09 AM

OK, im in Ripple team, I did 24h of 4-cores cpu work for WRC under this project and it results in big nothing.

It took about 48 hour before I saw my first XRPs.

As long as you are in WCG and have your WCG username registered in the Computing for good you will get paid on that basis of work done for the project.

I find that BOINC is much less obtrusive than CPU or GPU crypto hashing and so I do it on my main machine only! I am mining frozen/quark on all my other cores.
    Oh! Btw - don't forget to bump up the max % processor use in tools>>computer preferences! I had it on only 60% for a month!

In spite of, or maybe because, Ripple is not in competition with distributed cryptos I think 2014 will be the year it goes mainstream with fiat ATMs and merchant payment systems!  Cheesy Cheesy
    FilipZ

View Profile
    February 06, 2014, 11:46:57 AM

It took about 48 hour before I saw my first XRPs.

As long as you are in WCG and have your WCG username registered in the Computing for good you will get paid on that basis of work done for the project.

I find that BOINC is much less obtrusive than CPU or GPU crypto hashing and so I do it on my main machine only! I am mining frozen/quark on all my other cores.
    Oh! Btw - don't forget to bump up the max % processor use in tools>>computer preferences! I had it on only 60% for a month!

In spite of, or maybe because, Ripple is not in competition with distributed cryptos I think 2014 will be the year it goes mainstream with fiat ATMs and merchant payment systems!  Cheesy Cheesy

its good news for Ripple. Coz present rate is far away from electricity cost. Yes, I have finaly found info. https://www.computingforgood.org/stats/member/
    Now I have to force WRC to do something with my stats. 14 valid tasks, jut 5 counted in stats and 10 awaiting validation

lotosminer

Activity: 137
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    April 14, 2014, 10:53:34 PM

Bad news, this Computing for Good giveaway is being shut down by Ripple: https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6343&sid=1155c23fc52319c716e8e4c4a5554b29
    It's a shame 'cause I've been @ WCG for a long time and this was a nice way to earn some extra money for what I was doing for free before.
    There seems to be an alternative though (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=566608.0 ), but I haven't tried it yet.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SqDH9nmCWyP1yUM9J3ZhUiQ9kc8aotqPZL
    QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QZBa56NpqpodoZBqhE314m7VxQi7fR4atQ
    Pages: [1]
      Print  

Jump to: