Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:39:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for oil?  (Read 2396 times)
mises

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:37:26 AM

I feel like it would take a long long time but it's definitely possible.
Rupture

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:11:26 AM

Are you suggesting that bitcoin should be used as comparison to oil instead of USD?
CaribbeanBitcoin

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:10:34 AM

Wow, read the two below articles and see the infinite possibilities!  Cheesy

Dollar no longer primary oil currency as China begins to sell oil using Yuan
http://crooksandliars.com/ian-welsh/what-dollar-going-oil-means

The big news this week on the financial front was the Independent’s claim that Gulf Arabs and France, Japan, Russia and Japan were planning to move from buying oil in dollars to buying it in a basket of currencies, including gold and a new universal currency shared by the Gulf nations.

Buying oil in dollars is one of the foundations of the dollar’s role as the world’s primary reserve currency. Because the the dollar is the world’s primary reserve currency Americans have been able to borrow money for significantly less than other countries are able to. This has both made America more prosperous, and through the perverse incentives of cheap money, helped lead to the high indebtedness of American citizens and the financial crisis.

What Not Being Able To Buy Oil In Dollars Means
crooksandliars.com/ian-welsh/what-dollar-going-oil-means

On Sept. 11, Pastor Lindsey Williams, former minister to the global oil companies during the building of the Alaskan pipeline, announced the most significant event to affect the U.S. dollar since its inception as a currency. For the first time since the 1970's, when Henry Kissenger forged a trade agreement with the Royal house of Saud to sell oil using only U.S. dollars, China announced its intention to bypass the dollar for global oil customers and began selling the commodity using their own currency.

hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:46:07 AM

How about Bitcoin for Rare Earth Minerals?  I like the sounds of that!

Johanna

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:59:34 AM

What about Bitcoin replacing currency all together, and so Bitcoin to everything...

hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:54:24 PM

I like that one Johanna, bitcoin for the world take it or leave it haha  Grin

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:10:29 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 02:22:58 PM by CoinHoarder

It's a shame that the US government recently got interested in Bitcoin, I have an interesting opportunity to provide a security in the likes that Bitcoin has never seen before... drilling our own oil well.

I work in the oil & gas business doing land title research ("landman"). We find out who owns mineral rights under property and go out and lease them for oil companies to drill for oil/gas. Normally we work under contract for oil companies, but we (my family and some partners) recently decided to try our own luck and we went out and leased a large block of land in an oil/gas rich area in Texas. This area is pretty hot with development, with rigs sprouting up all over the place.

The problem is we are seeking funding to drill the well, it is very expensive. I had an idea to fund it using Bitcoins via a security, but unfortunately the current legal cloud surrounding Bitcoin kind of killed that idea before it got started. We'll find an investor elsewhere, but I thought it would have been cool. Imagine the news... "Bitcoin drills for oil" and all the PR Bitcoin would get. One can dream I suppose.  Grin

If anyone has any ideas of how we could go about doing this legally, shoot me a PM. I thought about maybe getting someone trustworthy that was outside of the US to own/run the security and them simply being partners with us. This person would have to be extremely trustworthy to handle the millions of dollars it will take to get the project done. I guess this is another large problem.. finding someone trustworthy enough to handle millions of dollars...

Again, if you have any ideas send me a PM. Smiley
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:22:53 PM

This is the us bigest fear! but WILL happen
so all thoose LEAKED ,,,,, Bullshit......... please.
we know why this is happening.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:29:05 PM

This is the us bigest fear! but WILL happen
so all thoose LEAKED ,,,,, Bullshit......... please.
we know why this is happening.

I'm not trying to get into politics, but your post is kind of out in left field. What are you even talking about.. I don't understand.

What is the USA's biggest fear?

Leaked? Are you talking about oil spills or what?

We know why what is happening?

I tried to understand your post, but I am failing miserably. I almost feel like you meant to post in one of the Coin Validation threads. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: