Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:03:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ian Balina Loses 2 Million USD  (Read 561 times)
masterfocus

Activity: 283
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:47:57 PM

And that's why, in this world, specially the cryptocurrency's one, it's important to keep a LOW PROFILE. I'll earn my coins without people know exactly what I have and IF I get rich in the process, almost nobody will know.
straimrpl777

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:12:32 PM

Very sad story, I like this investor, his investment advice, he says a lot of very useful things on YouTube. But you must always remember that it's better to take more to protect your money from hackers.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:13:31 PM

Ian remained Pundi-x tokens so if NPXS's price will make x10-x20 near future Ian will be millionare again. And NPXS rised up for 75% on IDEX today - it's just a beginning)
AkropolisTeam

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:15:11 PM

I don't think a powerful advisor like ian will be so dumb to not use a hard wallet. This is just sick tactic to create an hype!
But funds have been stolen from hard wallet! Somebody hacked his wallet during Ians live stream when wallet was connected to his desktop. So i believe that he can return his funds and punish the fuckin' hackers!

It was not a hard wallet, it was MEW.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:21:01 PM

I don't think a powerful advisor like ian will be so dumb to not use a hard wallet. This is just sick tactic to create an hype!
But funds have been stolen from hard wallet! Somebody hacked his wallet during Ians live stream when wallet was connected to his desktop. So i believe that he can return his funds and punish the fuckin' hackers!

very strange when he use MEW to stored million $ worth of tokens lol.
BTW, EVERNOTE is FUCK! when I join this crypto market and have my 1st MEW account I kept my private key on Evernote. after 3 months all of my token gone damn it.
so the lesson is never keep your private key on any cloud service. write down and plastic for it! Bingo!

AkropolisTeam

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:49:41 PM

very strange when he use MEW to stored million $ worth of tokens lol.
BTW, EVERNOTE is FUCK! when I join this crypto market and have my 1st MEW account I kept my private key on Evernote. after 3 months all of my token gone damn it.
so the lesson is never keep your private key on any cloud service. write down and plastic for it! Bingo!

Agreed, using MEW (and some people said that tokens were moved week before to this address), storing private keys in Evernote, using colleague's email as recovery email... Sounds really fishy, and right before IRS
energodar2019

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:00:35 PM

I read his twitter, it looks like it's true! Very frustrating, he is a sensible guy, helping people! But the fact that this happened before paying taxes is a bit suspicious. It would be a good move not to pay.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:25:55 PM

I've no idea Why save the important private key in Evernote, it's a online platform, It's a big amount of Cryptocurrency (2 Million USD), maybe he don't care his money, I want to know that it's a hardware wallet (store private on Evernote) or Just a MEW online wallet?
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:52:23 PM

And that's why, in this world, specially the cryptocurrency's one, it's important to keep a LOW PROFILE. I'll earn my coins without people know exactly what I have and IF I get rich in the process, almost nobody will know.

Exactly, 100% agree with this. That is why most of the popular crypto influencers on Twitter are anonymous, using only aliases. Also do not brag about how much money you have made on trading/investing in ICOs, that is ridiculus. It's like asking all the hackers out there to steal it.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1233

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:54:36 PM

Losing money before tax day, seem like Ian Balina wants to avoid some tax for his Cryptocurrency. Same happen with James Trevon he has 100 Bitcoin say hacked. But on some video, he still has the 100 bitcoin still on his wallet.
BrowserOne

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:22:13 PM

Ist fake for sure. Good for his Marketing.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

I don't think so.Ian Balina is a pro in his profession.It's hard to do such mistake by him.A pro like him always uses a hard wallet, not a soft one.But still, we are human mistakes happen.2bln is a huge money .i hope that he will get his money back.But there were rumors that the hack happened a day before his tax payments.I don't mean anything I just heard this rumor.Whatever happened is not good.hope For some thinks good.And he is a really good man in my thoughts.Cause no one said the real fact about any ico, Everybody wants to give them money then they speak ian balina do it for free.And not spread any scam ico.So Hope he hear some good news soon.

cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:46:04 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:12:42 AM by cryptomorphines

Its clearly his fault not anyone's but himfself,he learned his lesson in a hardway,that amount is unrecoverable for me,but if he has more money today he can easily get back what he have lost from being careless.That is why we shouldnt be exposing our weath to the public because we might be targeted by these hackers,or greedy people.
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:48:25 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:20:21 AM by mariangpalad

I pity him,he surely do not deserve this but his carelessness have resulted into big loss,this is the reason why we shouldnt be telling others how much we have in our portfolio,.so that we wont get targeted by these hackers.These people are going to do everything that they can to get your private keys so you should be protecting it will all that you've got.

cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:52:37 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:25:14 AM by cryptotnak

He has been showing his portfolio to the people which is why he was targeted by the professional hackers,we shouldnt be showing millions of dollars to anyone because it might be the reason why we our lives might be in great danger for example that one hacker knew where you are living,your kids might be kidnapped or something else,which they would require you to send your money thru their wallets.

cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:27:25 AM by cryptamod

Its his fault not anyone's,he should be in a deep trouble right now or he might be just using this hack inccident so that we wont pay taxes because he doesnt have any to pay,as he said he was hack before the payment of his taxes  Grin He is indeed clever so that the IRS wont get any taxes from him because he was hacked before the taxes!

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
pooque

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:08:26 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:37:08 AM by pooque

This is basically a perfect example of being careless,which resulted into big loss,you shouldnt be showing your portfolio to anyone especially when you have millions of dollars because it might be the reason why your life will be in danger.As far as we can see these scammers can easily get into our email addresses,even if you have 2fa enabled,that is why we should be protecting informations.

rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:28:35 PM

Ian Balina, the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber has reportedly lost 2 million USD during a livestream. Famous for doing sponsored ICO reviews, the YouTuber was reviewing yet another ICO on his channel when a viewer notified him that “someone” had moved all of his tokens out of his wallet.
Read our post to know what happened with the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber!

Read the complete article here : https://coinfrenzy.io/ian-balina-loses-2-million-usd/

Too bad for him. Ian Balina is only a blogger and his reviews on youtube are just his opinions. The reason why he got hacked is simple.  HE IS USING HIS COMPUTER FOR ACCESSING AND STORING ITS ETH WALLET WHILE AT THE SAME TIME FOR LIVE STREAMING OF HIS REVIEWS. Exposing your Public Address and the computer is risky.

Im just thinking why he did not use hardware wallet

On the other hand, US tax for crypto is about to start. Maybe he created his own hack to skip paying tax.

cryptotitan

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:33:04 PM

Ian Balina, the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber has reportedly lost 2 million USD during a livestream. Famous for doing sponsored ICO reviews, the YouTuber was reviewing yet another ICO on his channel when a viewer notified him that “someone” had moved all of his tokens out of his wallet.
Read our post to know what happened with the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber!

Read the complete article here : https://coinfrenzy.io/ian-balina-loses-2-million-usd/
If theres someone he can blame it is himself,because of his foolishness to put his key into something that can easily hacked,his account might be in watchlist of these professional hackers that is why the timing of the hack was perfect! or it might be just another shit movie because the taxes would be paid in just few days or weeks that is why he wanted to show people that he was hacked  Roll Eyes

bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:40:06 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 01:57:59 AM by bratbu

Clearly his mistake,his fault! that is why we shouldnt be showing our portfolio to anyone because our lives might be in danger! and you will never know what these people can do.Showing millions of dollars on stream isnt a good idea because these hackers will be tempted to try to hack your accounts,or worst you might be targeted infront of your house.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: