Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ian Balina Loses 2 Million USD  (Read 561 times)
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:50:34 AM

Ian Balina, the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber has reportedly lost 2 million USD during a livestream. Famous for doing sponsored ICO reviews, the YouTuber was reviewing yet another ICO on his channel when a viewer notified him that “someone” had moved all of his tokens out of his wallet.
Read our post to know what happened with the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber!

Read the complete article here : https://coinfrenzy.io/ian-balina-loses-2-million-usd/
This is the problem when you keep on telling the whole world that you own huge amount of cryptocurrency, of course hackers will find a way to get those from him, so it is his own fault. If he's an expert on investing in cryptocurrency for a long time then how come that he don't know how to secure his assets, how about using a hardware wallet? I saw an article about this hacking incident, the timing of the hack before the tax filing deadline is really suspicious, maybe he's trying to avoid paying taxes on his gains from investing in ICOs and cryptocurrencies, lol
Also check this article https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/04/16/well-known-ico-investor-ian-ballina-hacked-millions-worth-cryptocurrency-lost/
lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:53:01 AM

It is big amount of money. If it is true too bad for him even I don't like his style to be honest.
There are some interesting discussions on Reddit though.

teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:53:22 AM

Ian Balina, the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber has reportedly lost 2 million USD during a livestream. Famous for doing sponsored ICO reviews, the YouTuber was reviewing yet another ICO on his channel when a viewer notified him that “someone” had moved all of his tokens out of his wallet.

Read the complete article here : https://coinfrenzy.io/ian-balina-loses-2-million-usd/

Sounds fishy to me. For some reason he moved all his tokens week ago, than was hacked during the review (so everyone can confirm it), then posting tweet that hacker is trying to sell his tokens on Kucoin (before they were even sent to Kucoin), on top of this using Evernote and Gmail for his private keys... Don't think that person with $2M is this dumb. But well, hack happened on April 16th, right before the last day to pay his taxes. Convenient, don't you think?

This sounds sober to me. Of course, it's sad if he was really hacked, but for me it seems like a trial to avoid paying taxes.
Or at least I want to believe in this version, because... if the trader of that level was hacked, then how can we protect ourselves?

There is a lot of different speculation in this story in what really happens to Ian Balina, Whether this is a really a hack, or an intentional moving for his threshold on another wallet, We can really never say for sure but if this is real and Balina only wants the culprit to be caught then we should be aware on anything that may happen to our Cryptocurrency that hackers can sure penetrate even the most secure wallet we got.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:01:38 AM

Yeah it is hard to belive that he was holding 2 millions $ worth of tokens on a regular hot wallet, and store private keys on evernote. Seriously? I send all the tokens, I am holding long term, to the hardware wallet right after I buy them. On the other hand why would he fake that hack? What could be the purpose for this? I don't think you can avoid taxes for 2017 by losing your cryptocurrencies now, he made all those trades anyway.

Are you sure he needs to pay taxes if he hasn't cashed out? I don't know IRS rules too good, but it can be the reason

To be honest I am not sure about taxes in USA, do you pay only for crypto to fiat conversions? How much % is this tax? If this is the case, then maybe Balina really staged it, and "hackers" will cash it out so he can keep all the money.
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:06:48 AM

When I was reading about the question and the issue of losing money of worth $2million, I was surprised and amazed how really is true, maybe it is only a form of over imagination and trying to attract some people to share different ideas and opinion. But it has also a good value to the people who hold huge amount of money on their wallet to be more careful to avoid such kind of losses.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
Sexton

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:08:11 AM

Thats his fault not ours,he didnt secure his private keys that is why the hacker got his tokens,he might be upset right now because of his stupidity! he is the one to blame not that hacker,because if he is protecting his keys he wont get hacked easily.Now all he can do is to cry and beat up himself,he shows his wallets everytime he is doing streams that is why some hackers have been working to his email  Grin
dcvmarvel

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Truegame

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:29:08 AM

If this information is accurate then it's a shame that's happened. It goes to show you must keep all your information stored on an external device somewhere and it should be entirely separate to your main device. Hackers will find a way to get to you, especially if they sense you have that amount of money.

tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:30:52 AM

I read the whole story and sincerely I don't believe it... I think he's trying not to pay taxes.... I don't believe that one that has more than 2 million $ in crypto don't use an hardware wallet...
platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:39:00 AM

I think this new is fake. This is done in order to create a hype around the name Ian balina and attract more attention to his person and followers to his Twitter account.
Well, if it really turns out to be an atheist, then I think it's a very successful scam that will attract a lot of attention to this person's personality. I think it's a bad way to increase my ratings and the number of followers. But if this news is true, then I'm very sympathetic to this man!

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:41:41 AM

The safest way is staying anonymous and not telling anyone that you have crypto investments. Because when you announce your portfolio it means that you gave a target for hackers...
MaeUtong

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:41:49 AM

That is why we shouldnt be exposing our portfolio to anyone,for our own security because it might be the reason why our life or our family's lives will be put to risk,hackers can do everything ,email addresses can be hacked,if the target doesnt have any 2fa ,or if his keys are saved in his computer which is why we shouldnt be taking any chances! protect your keys life your life.
ckcharlie

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:45:06 AM

I wonder about this kind of news. Ballina is famous for shilling and being somewhat unprofessional as an advisor. (paid promotions etc) so I take a lot of what he says with a big grain of salt. How could he not be using a hardware wallet , and what kind of seasoned investor stores their private keys on evernote!!!
I think there is something fishy going on here.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 11:45:32 AM

Sounds fishy to me. For some reason he moved all his tokens week ago, than was hacked during the review (so everyone can confirm it), then posting tweet that hacker is trying to sell his tokens on Kucoin (before they were even sent to Kucoin), on top of this using Evernote and Gmail for his private keys... Don't think that person with $2M is this dumb. But well, hack happened on April 16th, right before the last day to pay his taxes. Convenient, don't you think?

Yeah sources do confirm that nothing like that happened in reality. But wha makes me laugh is why there is statement of his wallet getting hacked right before the tax day? That seems to very fishy in first place and I can confirm that he just dont wanna pay the taxes for his earning. Lolz. Thats like the best excuse anyone can give to the tax authorities. However, it was not needed to do as the coins were still in his online wallets and they were not taxed. But it was inconvenient for the Balina as he might have had bad time paying the taxes from pocket.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:47:56 AM

It is not clear why it is so attractive when people lose money, you need to have compassion and understanding for such people, many people lose every day the amount is much more than $ 2 million, especially a lot lost those who hold more than 100 bitcoins since the fall, here they really have lost a lot. if this person is very famous youtuber he will quickly earn much more.
It is not a joke to lose such huge money and it is not either worth for his work to do it again when someone was just robbing him. How are you gonna feel when you are in his situation? Doing blog with youtube is not that simple but that money is still huge to not mind it. But i think there is something wrong with it because if i were him i would have put my money in a bank or vault just to secure my money from those thieves but i guess this is just an all show to become famous because this is what the show business industries were doing.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:48:49 AM

This teaches us that we need to be anonymous for us to be not targeted by those scum hackers. I will try to hide mine for me not to have huge problems in the future.
TreXzar

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 11:52:17 AM

im a bit skeptical about this story, how can someone so well versed in cryptocurrency be so careless?? even if its true, I ask the same question.
how can someone so well versed in cryptocurrency be so careless??

This teaches us all a lesson to be vigilant at all times, regardless of experience in the market

◼◼  WorkChain.io  ◼◼                                            
◼◼ The Future of Payroll   ◼ Make Every Day Payday
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1590

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:11:51 PM

I feel sorry for him, a great champion of cripto, but I feel even more sorry for myself because I cannot loose that amount of money since I don´t have it. You see, not even in cold storage boy.

yrsat

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:15:32 PM

A very unpleasant situation with such a well-known investor, I listen to all his advice and recommendations on investment, usually all projects bring profit, which he piarit. I hope he can return some of the lost coins.
Legobatman

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:38:33 PM

He should keep all his keys on a Hard Wallet next time, it's quite shocking that would happen to someone like Ian Balina. It's shocking because someone with Balina's knowledge as regards cryptocurrencies and how they work and all the security measures that come with it, he should of known better.
This should be a lesson to all of us, to keep our private keys stored in an entirely separate place.
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:44:24 PM

I think this new is fake. This is done in order to create a hype around the name Ian balina and attract more attention to his person and followers to his Twitter account.

Well, this is not a mainstream opinion. But as long I don't see the proof, I still say this is a truly hacked.
This is a lesson learned for us, that hacker always around us.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: