Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:33:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ian Balina Loses 2 Million USD  (Read 561 times)
orangetax (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:13:38 AM

Ian Balina, the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber has reportedly lost 2 million USD during a livestream. Famous for doing sponsored ICO reviews, the YouTuber was reviewing yet another ICO on his channel when a viewer notified him that “someone” had moved all of his tokens out of his wallet.
Read our post to know what happened with the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber!

Read the complete article here : https://coinfrenzy.io/ian-balina-loses-2-million-usd/
cryptoenthu

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:19:25 AM

I don't think a powerful advisor like ian will be so dumb to not use a hard wallet. This is just sick tactic to create an hype!
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 09:25:02 AM

It is not clear why it is so attractive when people lose money, you need to have compassion and understanding for such people, many people lose every day the amount is much more than $ 2 million, especially a lot lost those who hold more than 100 bitcoins since the fall, here they really have lost a lot. if this person is very famous youtuber he will quickly earn much more.
orangeferrari3

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:25:33 AM

haha. I saw the memes on him. He apparently put his private key address on ever note?
i hope the hackers are found and ian gets back his tokens
vicvicto17

Activity: 362
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:30:42 AM

I thought it's 1million usd. How is he right now? It's very frustrating that you're hard earned money was vanished. I'm sorry for hin but he needs to speak up with that hackers and seriously 2million usd is very big..
Sidzukana

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:32:36 AM

Ian Balina, the famous cryptocurrency YouTuber has reportedly lost 2 million USD during a livestream. Famous for doing sponsored ICO reviews, the YouTuber was reviewing yet another ICO on his channel when a viewer notified him that “someone” had moved all of his tokens out of his wallet.

Read the complete article here : https://coinfrenzy.io/ian-balina-loses-2-million-usd/

Sounds fishy to me. For some reason he moved all his tokens week ago, than was hacked during the review (so everyone can confirm it), then posting tweet that hacker is trying to sell his tokens on Kucoin (before they were even sent to Kucoin), on top of this using Evernote and Gmail for his private keys... Don't think that person with $2M is this dumb. But well, hack happened on April 16th, right before the last day to pay his taxes. Convenient, don't you think?
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:38:33 AM

If he is popular within the space at least he should be aware of how to safly secure his funds. Hopefully other people will get the point why it is really important to keep your cryptocurrency safe and secure. I know many people that even keep they keys on text files on the computer they use daily...
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:49:35 AM

Very sorry, I sympathize with the loss of that amount! Now, from the hands of hackers can suffer everyone, so we need to unite and fight with hackers. If even such a smart and knowledgeable person in the cryptanalytic world like Ian Balina lost his money, then it's very scary and you need to be as careful as possible.
idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:51:26 AM

Ian is a veteran  in the industry and it is possible that many hackers targets him once in a while but I don't think Ian is that clumsy when it comes to his coins. It is possible he did it to avoid taxes but it is just a conspiracy. If he ever did got hacked I hope he gets back his coins.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:54:18 AM

Yeah it is hard to belive that he was holding 2 millions $ worth of tokens on a regular hot wallet, and store private keys on evernote. Seriously? I send all the tokens, I am holding long term, to the hardware wallet right after I buy them. On the other hand why would he fake that hack? What could be the purpose for this? I don't think you can avoid taxes for 2017 by losing your cryptocurrencies now, he made all those trades anyway.
pro2017

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:56:05 AM

I don't believe it, surely there is a plan behind all this
explosion

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:57:23 AM

Sounds fishy to me. For some reason he moved all his tokens week ago, than was hacked during the review (so everyone can confirm it), then posting tweet that hacker is trying to sell his tokens on Kucoin (before they were even sent to Kucoin), on top of this using Evernote and Gmail for his private keys... Don't think that person with $2M is this dumb. But well, hack happened on April 16th, right before the last day to pay his taxes. Convenient, don't you think?

This sounds sober to me. Of course, it's sad if he was really hacked, but for me it seems like a trial to avoid paying taxes.
Or at least I want to believe in this version, because... if the trader of that level was hacked, then how can we protect ourselves?
Sidzukana

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:23:42 AM

Yeah it is hard to belive that he was holding 2 millions $ worth of tokens on a regular hot wallet, and store private keys on evernote. Seriously? I send all the tokens, I am holding long term, to the hardware wallet right after I buy them. On the other hand why would he fake that hack? What could be the purpose for this? I don't think you can avoid taxes for 2017 by losing your cryptocurrencies now, he made all those trades anyway.

Are you sure he needs to pay taxes if he hasn't cashed out? I don't know IRS rules too good, but it can be the reason
Sidzukana

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:25:44 AM

This sounds sober to me. Of course, it's sad if he was really hacked, but for me it seems like a trial to avoid paying taxes.
Or at least I want to believe in this version, because... if the trader of that level was hacked, then how can we protect ourselves?

Agreed. If this hack is true, then it is another reminder for everyone about security. Don't put your private keys anywhere, make sure to secure them etc. (and not store them on evernote...)
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:29:09 AM

Ian Balina now falls into the category of idiot and newbie I am not adding insult to injury but he is not a newbie when it comes to security, is not using a phone verification or authy to keep his email safe only newbies fall to this not someone like Balina.

Fenderr

Activity: 293

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:31:29 AM

Ian Balina now falls into the category of idiot and newbie I am not adding insult to injury but he is not a newbie when it comes to security, is not using a phone verification or authy to keep his email safe only newbies fall to this not someone like Balina.

The whole hack story looks so staged to me, cos for someone like Ian, he should know better to use a hardware wallet and layers of authorization for his mails.
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:31:46 AM

I don't think a powerful advisor like ian will be so dumb to not use a hard wallet. This is just sick tactic to create an hype!
But funds have been stolen from hard wallet! Somebody hacked his wallet during Ians live stream when wallet was connected to his desktop. So i believe that he can return his funds and punish the fuckin' hackers!
Fenderr

Activity: 293

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:36:06 AM

I once used to use Evernote as a means of storing my info and all. But was advised by someone very experienced never to keep my private keys and info. Took them down immediately and now I have them on written out and copies kept in strategic places. This Ian case is an eye opener for everyone to be security conscious out there. And to the hackers and thieves, I hope y'all get caught and disgraced soon enough
xandebnu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Infleum

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:36:17 AM

I think this new is fake. This is done in order to create a hype around the name Ian balina and attract more attention to his person and followers to his Twitter account.

FreeFerret

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:38:51 AM

Wow that is really really bad Sad 2 million USD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: