Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:14:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE eBay bitcoin scam artist Tim Trickett (trick506)  (Read 5800 times)
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:47:38 PM

Sold paper wallets without any bitcoins loaded on them.  He is claiming the items were just as described, even though I can prove none of these have any transaction history, using the public address.  3 others have posted negative feedback about this same item in the last day (he had 35 for sale).  Is now fighting the eBay dispute and keeps repeating "no returns accepted."  This does not give him the permission to make a fraudulent listing and keep the money.  the return address on the package was listed as:

Timothy Trickett
6516 Friars Rd Apt 201
San Diego, CA 92108

Although I can see that the package originated in Massachusetts.  He also tried to get me to send $7500 outside of eBay, through google wallet.  This money would have not been protected.  BEWARE!!!  I have filed complaints through eBay, paypal, and the internet complaint center.  I see others have already posted on here about his fraud.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:11:32 PM

Sold paper wallets without any bitcoins loaded on them.  He is claiming the items were just as described, even though I can prove none of these have any transaction history, using the public address.  3 others have posted negative feedback about this same item in the last day (he had 35 for sale).  Is now fighting the eBay dispute and keeps repeating "no returns accepted."  This does not give him the permission to make a fraudulent listing and keep the money.  the return address on the package was listed as:

Timothy Trickett
6516 Friars Rd Apt 201
San Diego, CA 92108

Although I can see that the package originated in Massachusetts.  He also tried to get me to send $7500 outside of eBay, through google wallet.  This money would have not been protected.  BEWARE!!!  I have filed complaints through eBay, paypal, and the internet complaint center.  I see others have already posted on here about his fraud.

Google wallet money is just as well protected as paypal money, just FYI. That's still not saying much.

Sorry you got ripped off  Angry

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:39:58 PM

good to know for the future, but still very frustrating situation.  I really hope eBay recognizes this guy is a scam artist and refund everyone their money.  He had 35 for sale and I got a screenshot of others leaving neg feedback before he made his feedback private.  As is eBay wont be able to see it.  He is a real scam artist.  Angry
xhan

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:48:41 AM

Yes, I too bought into that scam action...
For those who have yet to start a dispute or get the items delivered - do not start a case at ebay until you take delivery - sign for the package.
They told me that if I refused delivery they will automatically find in favor of the seller - so don't do that!
They advised me to sign for it... open it and test the wallets - all of them and report back to them and appeal the already CLOSED CASES (in favor of the seller at the moment) - then they would see what they can do and perhaps by then their fraud team will have smelled a rat.  Hope they have their hooks into that bank account nice and deep.

if you btc wallet doesn't get nabbed you get scammed here and there... mugging on the net is total BS... what a complete loser!
I also mentioned that he tried to get me to deal w/ hi outside of ebay - hope the dude was listening b/c that is supposed to be a big neg w/ ebay yada yada... whatever.

I also mentioned that his feedback was coming in red hot negative on these items and there were forum posts about that user name being a scammer - they said they could care less about what people 'say'... ya ok whatever ebay - ALL of us are not trying to scam this sucker.

So what do we think these are - just unfunded and sealed bitcoin paper wallets that have never been loaded up?
boodaddy

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:35:55 AM

Funny this guy has made his feedback private. He has even got more negitive feedbacks. I never buy from private feedback users with negatives. He must have just done this. He has also taken down all listings he had up. Mention in your claim he tried to get you to complete the purchase outside of Ebay. They hate that, and it's against the TOS. Hopefully he sent you the message in Ebay, and you can have them look it up.

http://i44.tinypic.com/wa106x.jpg
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:43:20 PM

Yes these are paper wallets that have never been loaded.  You can check the transaction history on blockchain.info, all of mine have 0 transaction history.  So basically he sold worthless pieces of paper with no value, and thinks that because he put "no returns" in the item description that he is getting away with it.  Everyone should note that these items violated the eBay item location misrepresentation policy in their dispute:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/item-location.html

They were listed as San Diego, CA, but my packages originated in Townsend, MA.

Also report this to the internet crime complaint center, and private message me with contact info if you would like me to include you as a witness/victim in my police report.  I called the Fitchburg, MA police (where it appears he lives) but they said I have to go through the police in my town, and they will contact the Fitchburg police if necessary.
Rupture

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:50:36 PM

Damn OP that sucks. Stay away from ebay and paypal when dealing with btc, the two just don't mix
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:01:58 PM

I always video me unboxed and testing everything I buy on ebay. So many scammers on there!

Ebay even banned me leaving negative feedback although I had video evidence for every dispute!

I rarely buy on eBay now. Only sell, and I video everything working before it goes out too!  Cheesy

Wells75

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:03:01 PM

First rule of bitcoin.   Don't buy off eBay
 Roll Eyes
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:07:48 PM

Got one case settled, hoping the others will be closed soon cause they are all the same item.  I am still collecting names and contact info if you want me to pass that on to police.  I know some got scammed outside of eBay and may not be protected.  Please PM me if you want me to include your name as a witness/victim of this fraud/scam artist/thief.  I'm not letting this guy get away with this.  Everyone just needs to post all evidence TO eBay/PayPal, and DONT OPEN the wallets. 
specgamer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:19:25 PM

First rule of bitcoin.   Don't buy off eBay
 Roll Eyes

Exactly, why would you buy off ebay?
Are you even allowed to sell bitcoins off ebay?  Paypal should freeze trick's account Tongue

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
vandeam

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:33:01 PM

why would you trust someone named Trick ?

jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:08:02 AM

Check if you have the one pictured in the item description.  He definitely said "that one is not the one you will recieve."  Anyway, I just reported it to my local police dept.  They said anyone else contact info is irrelevant for my case, since I live in Maine.  He recommended anyone scammed by this guy to go to their local police dept and report this info.  They said they will pass the info to a detective.  If they see you have enough info (proof you bought them, item description saying it would include "1 (one) bitcoin", proof of payment through PayPal or credit card and proof they contain 0 balance) they can send it to the attorney generals office, who would handle it.  They told me anything over $1,000 in Maine is a felony.  So if they see enough proof and think it could be easily prosecutable, they will probably take you seriously.  I know I have enough proof to get this guy.  Anyway, they also said if there is enough info the FBI could handle it if they get a bunch of cases against this guy.  They don't care about weather this occurred in different states, they will just prosecute this guy.  So I am thinking if every person scammed reports this guy it shouldn't be hard to get this guy.  We know exactly who he is and his address, it's not gonna be hard for them to track this guy down.  They said its hard to prosecute internet cases when its someone outside of the country scamming.  Anyway, his return address from PayPal is 11 Bennett Rd, Fitchburg, MA 01420.  I would def. suggest reporting it, and if anything scare this guy into returning the money.
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:19:39 AM

Can't you find his home address when using eBay? (Been a long time). What's his email?

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:25:39 AM

what happened in the dispute?
if you haven't received what you ordered you should definitely get the money back from eBay because  if he can't prove you got what you ordered it usually goes to the profit of the buyer..

jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:35:05 PM

His home address is:

Timothy Trickett
11 Bennett Rd
Fitchburg, MA 01420

His email address from eBay and Paypal are: tjt506@gmail.com, and tim.trickett2@gmail.com.

I got one dispute resolved (I paid with Bill Me Later and they were somehow able to settle it on the phone.)  The other ones are still under review.  The problem is this guy knows that eBay/PayPal buy protection does not cover "intangible goods."  He clearly planned to sell these all along knowing they had 0 balance, but then argue that the balance is intangible, and the paper wallets are just as described.  He is a real scumbag.  Anyway, reporting this to your local police is the first step, because I am not sure if eBay is going to settle these in my favor.  Apparently eBay doesn't care that fraud is involved, they just say that these aren't covered by their buyer protection.  And if you paid with a credit card through PayPal, do a dispute with them if PayPal can't settle it.

All of these can be proven without a doubt to never have been loaded with any bitcoins.  This is no different than if he sold gift cards loaded with no value, that makes it easier for the police/detective to understand if they don't know what a bitcoin is.  So I would encourage all of you to see your local police dept and make an official report.  This guy isn't trying to take the money and run.  He thinks he found a loophole to steal money through eBay, so he is fighting this hard.

We know his address, name, and eBay will give registration info/social sec. number to a detective in an official investigation.  I am getting my money back one way or another.  And like I said theft over $1000 in the state of Maine is a felony, so this guy is acting pretty stupid if he continues to play games.  I think if everyone reports him, and all reports show without a doubt he is scamming people, it will get attention drawn to him.  I am confident we will get our money back, and hopefully get this guy in more trouble with felony charges.
jcoin200 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:34:32 PM

www.linkedin.com/pub/tim-trickett/11/594/370

This is his linked in profile, I know its his because he viewed my linked in profile 2 days ago.  So this is definitely the Tim Trickett we are looking for.  Shame if he had a felony theft charge he wouldn't be able to own that gun in his picture!
umdorado

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:27:01 AM

So i just made the phone call after filing the case. 4 days ago and called today 10 mins ago from writing this post.
Diana a very pleasant ebay rep. handled my case. She assured me that she will escalate the case tomorrow and will call me back to issue a shipment label and when "the junk" reaches him my money would be refunded.

This all happened 10 mins ago. Ebay sent me two emails saying that case is escalated by "Seller" and like a minute ago i received another email stating my refund is on my way.

I just said two things;

I am not concerned that the item is fake or not, i want my money back as ebay guarantees now.
And if be it i am willing to prove that the item is counterfeit/fake/ fraudulent.

After 5 mins i got my money back.
btcbuyer99

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:05:02 PM

I've seen this thread and the other one like it in the scams forum. I'm just wanted to give out some advice: Don't talk about this in an open forum. Be 100% sure you have the right person. Why does this matter? Because if you are wrong you will get into a lot of trouble. From an outside source not affected by this it looks to me like a case of stolen identity and by adding to it you are only making things worse for the real person affected by this. Vigilante justice and investigating things yourself isn't going to do anything for you but possible get you into trouble especially if you have the wrong person. If you filed a police report then let them do their job. Also, with eBay and PayPal.. let them do their job as well. It seems like everyone will get their money back too. That's just my $0.02.   Source: Professional Experience.
hemry

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:44:48 PM

Why did you buy this off ebay in the first place? If you don't want to use exchanges then try bitcoin OTC. Just make sure you use WOT as there are plenty of scammers too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: