Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:24:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to ignore scam icos ?  (Read 431 times)
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:10:25 AM

icos are good way to invest but there so many scam as well how to recognise the scam icos ?
If you are so worried about investing in icos and you do not want to be scammed then it could be a good idea to avoid them for a while, invest in some of the most solid altcoins in the market, then when you get more experience and you are capable to tell more easily what it is a scam and what it is not then you can begin to invest in icos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:47:57 AM

It's hard to do that. But you can do your own research read the whitepaper, Find their team members are real, Search that ICO on rating sites like icobench, Ask from experts and more.
Sureness

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:04:03 AM

It's hard to do that. But you can do your own research read the whitepaper, Find their team members are real, Search that ICO on rating sites like icobench, Ask from experts and more.

Its hard to do that because uts hard to us to fibd out which is the scam among the ico. But we must be alert abour scans for us to be safe
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:34:21 AM

icos are good way to invest but there so many scam as well how to recognise the scam icos ?
You can find a lot of tips in this forum.
Look carefully and don't be fast)
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:41:30 AM

Through reading whitepaper you will notice if the ICO is legitimate and they are on track based on the timeframe or roadmap. Also, you need to know the team structure and/or they willing to communicate regarding the consistent information about the project. There are many ways to know the ICO legitimacy. It depends on you how applies. In my suggestion to get consistent and accurate information about the ICO. Conduct own research and study about it before you engage.
454875kio

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:47:43 AM

Hello SIR, I think it depends on your experience. If you really want to get huge benefits from ico, I'm very difficult, because the scammers are everywhere. If the team is in your country, you can go directly to their company and know the situation directly. I don't think it is safe to look for information from the Internet. Seeing the real thing with your own eyes
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:51:25 AM

I think the only way to ignore or to know that this ICO is a scam is by researching about the project and the team itself that produce and develop the project. ICObench is one of the good websites to let you know that the ICO is a good one or a bad one and helps you to determine whether it's a scam or not. Whitepaper is also a good one, it can be noticeably that the team is good or not.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
JoniPopens

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:57:11 AM

just do not answer their messages and immediately block, so you will ignore them.
iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:58:54 AM

Before investing in any ICO do the proper homework, make a good research about the project and team, if the team based on known persons with good track record then go ahead but if there is any chance of scam team just avoid it.

snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:00:56 AM

In my opinion, 50% of ICO posted on bounty section are scam and 30% will fail and 20% only will succeed. Knowing how legitimate they is there website, transparency and the advisors. These are long read my friend
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:11:27 AM

If you are talking in respect to the bounty campaigns, then you can simply avoid participating in their campaigns so that later on you are not accused of promoting a ponzi scheme. The real challenge lies in identifying such scam campaigns and that needs an eagle eye vision to be done. Over the time when you gain enough experience, you would automatically learn the art of distinguishing scam from a genuine ico.
DASA NYA

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:15:02 AM

It is necessary to determine the idea of the company, to evaluate the popularity (popular projects are rarely crooks) and, of course, to study the team.
ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 04:17:45 AM

In able to recognize scam ICOS and legit ICOS.

If you wanna recognize LEGIT ICO. First is You need to know what it is trying to do and you should be able to say it in one sentence. For ex: XYOnetwork is the first proof-of-location blockchain that enables us to track things whenever it is around the world in real time.

IF you are having a hard time figuring out what is the purpose of a coin THEN it probably is a Scam coin. Or something complicated coin that you don't wanna invest in. Because i believe a good company really needs to make it simple in able for the community to understand immediately what they are trying to do or accomplish the moment you get into their website.

That's it.. Have a nice day and always try to learn something new everyday !

zander09

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:31:35 AM

Honestly it's not easy to know if the ICO projects are scam, actually before I joined in ICO projects I will do some research about the project, their platforms, the team behind the project, and the partnership. I'm a lucky because the projects that I participate are not scam.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:56:02 AM

Nowadays its a bit hard to spot the scam ICOs because the people behind it are expert on how to deceive people and on how their project looks like a legit one.

To avoid this to happen be a responsible investor by checking the team behind it, there should be transparency and its an advantage if one of them is a reputable person. Also check their website, read the white paper and their roadmap.

Follow their social accounts to know the latest progress and plan, its also important to know their marketing stategy for their project.  Be careful when investing and dont trust easily by their promise of guaranteed profit.

Amajaa

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 05:05:27 AM

Actually its hard to recognize real ico for nowadays even the one you think is best ico turn out to be scam my only advice is aside from reading all info of one ico just be wise on investing, for it is totally risky so just invest fair amount and spend it on different ico dont invest all your funds on one ico only.
CryptoCoin8487

Activity: 218

I AM HAPPY TO BE A TRADER

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:09:25 AM

It is easy to ignore scam ICO in the future all you have to do is research and study about there coins and the team back up of that platform and if you see that there platform is not promising and full of anominity then you have to begin to suspect that kind of platform and ignore it usualy that is scam.

Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:23:28 AM

Sometimes you really can’t tell if an ICO is a scam, you won’t really know if it is legit or not. You must make further research on the specific ICO. You can check first the campaign manager if it is trusted and reliable first, then check the whitepaper because you will know more about the project and their technology they are offering. You may consider the team behind the project if they have a good background for being successful. In that way, you will lessen the risk and have a great chance of success.
Very good points. I do agree with you. So many people keep asking me on a regular basis about ICOs and which one is the next big ICO, but I simply tell them to do their own research since it is tough to differentiate between a legit ICO and a scam ICO without proper research which is why research and luck play a crucial role in this scenario. I primarily focus on the whitepaper first and go on to check out other aspects like development team, social media interactions etc before deciding whether to invest or not.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
demonic098

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

Ximply for president!!!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:33:21 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 03:48:10 AM by demonic098

I will share you my own guides, this is not 100% accurate but i hope it helps Cheesy.
You should check how much they need to raise, is it too big for their project? then the team if they're anonymous you should be cautious, next will be their domain is it a free domain? you can also check their coin if it's already on ethplorer.io or etherscan.io. for now that's the only things that i consider i'm still new in crypto.

Buy me a drink ETH: 0xED47aFa721e4228Bf19434aDDB1B79E740822540
williamphay88

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:34:11 AM

Experience is the best way to do it usually just readig the whitepaper about ICO project. Is it has a good goal? And look at the tokens that has been allocated for those project compared with the participants and the token that has been sold during you joined the project.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: