Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:23:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any other crypto replace bitcoin?  (Read 8826 times)
TheHashkon (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:36:41 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:44:49 PM

I agree with you that there are a lot of bitcoin competitors and may be able to replace bitcoin. But this is not easy to do, it is very difficult and has little chance of doing.

I believe the main enemy of bitcoin is not a crypto, but people who hate and dislike bitcoin.
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 12:47:41 PM

In terms of price, BTC isn't actually the coin with the highest of value, there's 42 coin which is expensive than BTC. But btc however is much accepted by merchants and more popular than any other coins or tokens which I don't think there is any coin popular than BTC. I have talked to some BTC investor but they didn't know Ether. A chinese in the neighborhood doesn't even have any idea what NEO is.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:52:02 PM

I don't think that altcoins can replace bitcoin on its place because I think altcoins are also relying with bitcoin, so without bitcoin, they are also not going to bloom or to grow.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:56:53 PM

What do you mean by replace? If for being rank #1 (in marketcap) yes they can replace bitcoin and it depends on the people if they'll going to choose that coin but bitcoin will still be the father of alts.
buggy

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:58:52 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

Yes I agree with you that there is a tendency that bitcoin will be superseded with other coins. But for me its not that easy bitcoin to be replace it takes more time and for sure people will not allow it to happen. Right now the best competitor of bitcoin are the haters and the government who bans bitcoin.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:04:15 PM

Do you agree???

From this point in time yes we can say something like that. But of course that things can change. Look at before in the beginning of the internet the most popular search engine was Yahoo and it got surpassed by Google. It is possible for any altcoin to surpass bitcoin in terms of market cap. We will see which ones will be the most innovative, bitcoin could also be and stay number one for time to come.
Erik Goff

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:05:37 PM

Maybe faster cryptocurrency like IOTA which is better in the number of transactions per second (scalability)

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:07:11 PM

I don't think that we will find a replacement for bitcoin as such, maybe some decent competitors but bitcoin is what it is, if we see any others challenge the market leader they will have other uses and functions that bitcoin does not have, ETH for example is not like bitcoin at all.

Bitcoin will remain the focal point for crypto for a while.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:25:03 PM

I doubt it. Bitcoin is the pioneer coin and all other coins just sway along with bitcoin's price. It will take so much time and effort of the developers to improve a coin that is better than bitcoin. Besides, bitcoin has built its good reputation in the crypto market already and it already has millions of supporters. It will take additional time before people patronize a new coin, maybe more than 10 years.

For me, bitcoin is still the best coin. It leads other coins. Crypto will remain alive as long as bitcoin is alive, and it will stay kicking as long as there will be people investing and supporting it.

masterfocus

Activity: 283
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:26:29 PM

If I would have to bet which cryptocoin right now would "replace" bitcoin, it's Ethereum (ETH).
jakaKak

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:27:44 PM

Right now i dont see any other coin replacing bitcoin. It seems like all of them are following BTC price and it still has more than 40% of all value. In the future i see ETH as a leading horse of crypto since its blockchain is wildly used.

fabskie21

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:34:06 PM

Its hard to see other coins replacing bitcoin's supremacy. Although there some other potential coins like Ethereum, it still has alot to go through before surpassing bitcoin's level of achievement which is unlikely to happen, at least not for another decade.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 01:34:30 PM

I don't think that any other crypto can replace bitcoin and there is no sign that any other coin would do so in near future. But there are a few more established altcoins such as Ethereum, Neo, and Litecoin, that have got the potential to match in future.

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:37:54 PM

Do you agree???
Yes i agree there are no other cryptocurrencies that can supersede the bitcoin for right now due to bitcoin is first digital coin in the world the other are just copycat, but there are no one who know about the future the posibility bitcoin can be overtaked by other altcoins always be there, as community of cryptocurrencies we just need anticipating about the posibilities and investing our money in to them (the altcoins that has good potential in couples years later).
bundo

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:44:24 PM

In this context it takes a long time to speculate that there will be a substitute for bitcoin, The presence of altcoin certainly can not be separated from the birth of bitcoin and the role of altcoin can not replace bitcoin. I still think bitcoin is still in control of the price and will not be easily replaced by another crypto.
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:45:18 PM

Do you agree???
when the coin is able to prove and come with an advanced technology such as easy to use it can compete. I agree and support it. and now I also hope that bitcoin can solve the deficiencies and the more triumphant so as not to be displaced by altcoin.
yura888

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:48:16 PM

Do you agree???
Never will, fluctuations can only be reduced if all the altcoins will be traded only in dollars or USDT. Bitcoin will be traded separately

Narinderkaurklk

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:49:09 PM

I agreed with you'r opinion in this market presently, Any other altcoin can't replace Bitcoin. Because bitcoin is leading crypto currency of this market, if bitcoin price decrese then all the coins value goes down.
yes there are many rising competitors like Ethereum and litecoin, but I think there are a huge gap between there price and it's not easy to fill that gap.
lunastovski

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:50:55 PM

I think no.  I believe that no coin will replace the BTC.  Maybe in a few years ..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: