Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:57:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any other crypto replace bitcoin?  (Read 8828 times)
epidose

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:51:14 PM

In terms of price, BTC isn't actually the coin with the highest of value, there's 42 coin which is expensive than BTC. But btc however is much accepted by merchants and more popular than any other coins or tokens which I don't think there is any coin popular than BTC. I have talked to some BTC investor but they didn't know Ether. A chinese in the neighborhood doesn't even have any idea what NEO is.

i think this is key; although there are faster alternatives to BTC, as well a cheaper-per-transaction offerings, BTC is the crypto that people have heard about. I think, eventually, we'll see a few mainstream cryptos, similar to how we have a few mainstream credit card companies.

Businesses will accept 3-5 crypto's, but probably not more than that. ICOs will need to find ways that people will use their coin in pretty specific industry ways (like Enjin, as an example). But ultimately, just like how your mom calls every gaming platform that will ever exist a "nintendo", some people will always ONLY associated "bitcoin" with cryptocurrencies as a whole.
dennis047

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:56:22 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

Well, we can predict the market because everything is possible in cryptocurrency market but if the market is being manipulated from the start well I guess no one can defeat bitcoin as being the no.1 digital currency in the market. I have invested a lot in ETH which is have more potential and sustainability than other altcoins out there, no doubt that ETH is the no.1 altcoin in the market. ETH is the only altcoin that can compete with BTC sooner or later BTC will be replaced by ETH as being the top digital currency. I really believe that ETH is the future of crypto market maybe not now but someday.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:59:40 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

We can't say but everything is replaceable maybe in the future there will be a cryptocurrency that would match to bitcoin or even greater than that. However i'd still say that bitcoin will still unmovable king up to 1-3 years, but after that many competitors might occur. Like what happened to Nokia they were once the king of mobile phones yet failed to innovate or move up resulting to declining of sales aswell they were replaced by many other mobile phones. This might happen to bitcoin too.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:02:13 PM

Do you agree???

I am totally on your side but not 100 % for there is a possibility but as proven from the past history of bitcoin market value. Bitcoin is number 1 bitcoin rises from the start. and nothing can go and overcome or rather surpass the kind of all cryptocurrencies for I see that it is the mother and the leader as we see and base on market values you can see it as the leader. Still when the leader moves others has 50% of the following for the short period of time.

And in the other side of my opinion that we have a saying there is nothing impossible when it comes to every situation, circumstances and scenarios. Still if bitcoin crashes as others see I would see ethereum next in line in the cryptocurrency please take note I did not read of any past post before mine so I inserted "as others see" for you would not get an idea I just copied an answer.

benjamin11

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:02:48 PM

I think there will always be a better coin than the other. Bitcoin is not an exception. Based on the current trends on the market of different coins, there are some of them that shows a really great potential in the future. But I think it will take years before bitcoin will be dethrone. Bitcoin is already an establish coin. I think coins like ethereum, litecoin, and ripple shows a great potential to beat bitcoin in the future.
noriksiayol

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:03:55 PM

For how many years bitcoin stay as the number one of all cryptocurrency, I think  it is replaceable and remain undefeatable. Because when bitcoin price going down the other currency also follow to down their price, so meaning other types of currencies are under the control of bitcoin.
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:04:11 PM

I agree with you that there are a lot of bitcoin competitors and may be able to replace bitcoin. But this is not easy to do, it is very difficult and has little chance of doing.

I believe the main enemy of bitcoin is not a crypto, but people who hate and dislike bitcoin.
bitcoin is very difficult to beat by other coins, I agree with you, that bitcoin's biggest enemy is the people who hate it, we all know there are some governments or banks that do not like bitcoin.
rosebit

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:07:42 PM

To me i don't believe that any coin is going to replace bitcoin. Bitcoin will remain the focal point for crypto for a while.

fritzwalter195

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:14:17 PM

As many altcoins are derived from BTC architecture, I find it rather difficult, but your altcoin can breath well with a good influx, as the cryptocurrency market is growing and seeking even further consolidation, the currencies goals should be to work together rather than looking up for overcome each other.
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:18:30 PM

I suppose some altcoin will definitely dethrone Bitcoin much quicker than we can imagine if crypto becomes mass-adopted.

Lala Sravan

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:21:11 PM

According to me no coin will replace Bitcoin for coming years. ETH is also strongly growing after Bitcoin. As a second thought after Bitcoin ETH will take that position.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:24:54 PM

Do you agree???

These are old competitors but until now they have yet to overtake Bitcoin in popularity and volume, and it will go on for the next 5 or ten years unless these coins make a huge update or huge companies adopts these coins.
canman

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:26:48 PM

Do you agree???
I think not. by the present time. bitcoin is the master. All merchants focus on bitcoin. accounting for 43% of the market. so the current time and the next 1-2 years. No altcoin can replace bitcoin
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:28:35 PM

There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.
IF there's a coin that has stable value then we should stick to dollar/fiat money.
Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???
Ripple? No. Bitcoin will stay there not only for 10 years. These rising competitors you are saying has been there for years and yet they will never replace bitcoin. Respect to those coins but sorry to say that no coin will replace bitcoin so stop thinking if there is.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ejswift

Activity: 253

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:29:36 PM

Do you agree???
i believe that in the future there will be a coin that can defeat bitcoin because of our futurw generation it is more higjtech that ever before so pets just wait that happens

eXtAtUtoR

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:30:37 PM

Of course. Bitcoin has wide recognition in the world. When it was launched small amount of people knew it. The same is with altcoins.
kamvang12

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:35:10 PM

for now there may still be no one can replace bitcoin. because bitcoin is still proven for all. thanks bitcoin
denulh

Activity: 300

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:41:33 PM

Do you agree???
It is difficult to predict precisely what will happen in the cryptocurrency market, everything is possible. I believe that in the next few years Bitcoin will continue to rule the crypto world. Because bitcoin will still be the most popular and valuable crypto. If Bitcoin is weakened, I think Ethereum will replace Bitcoin. Currently Ethereum is the second best crypto on the market, in the next few years Ethereum will grow stronger.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:45:53 PM

long bitcoin has occupied the top position in the world of krypto with its popularity, but I think there will definitely be a coin trying to beat bitcoin but it will not happen any time soon.

laluna24

Activity: 511
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

long bitcoin has occupied the top position in the world of krypto with its popularity, but I think there will definitely be a coin trying to beat bitcoin but it will not happen any time soon.
It will not happen anytime because bitcoin has the most popular of all cryptocurrency. There are many coins being competitive in bitcoin but still bitcoin on top at this time even in the future it cannot replace by other coins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: