Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:37:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any other crypto replace bitcoin?  (Read 8828 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:04:42 PM

I agree with you that there are a lot of bitcoin competitors and may be able to replace bitcoin. But this is not easy to do, it is very difficult and has little chance of doing.

I believe the main enemy of bitcoin is not a crypto, but people who hate and dislike bitcoin.
The way people keep talking about competitions, they always make it sound like competition is actually that easy. Most of these coins are just busy promising and until they are tested on a very huge scale in terms of transaction before we can even know how sound they are and let's face it, most of them are just more like clones, except for those who have some product ideas that would drive in demand for the coin in the long run.

If people hate and dislike bitcoin, that is their cup of tea. Where were they when their mates were investing, believed in the long term and held? Moreover, if they hate bitcoin because of the transaction fee, I guess that is history now and I wonder why they did not hate Ether during the cryptokittens palaver.
ivlvov

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:17:16 PM

I think the time will come when ETH will be the leader, and the bitcoin will go to the second place. Maybe some other coin will take a leading position! This is a crypto and everything is possible here.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
Ade A Aziz

Activity: 221
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:30:16 PM

I think the time will come when ETH will be the leader, and the bitcoin will go to the second place. Maybe some other coin will take a leading position! This is a crypto and everything is possible here.
The statement you express illustrates a competition for the top position, is it indeed crypto created for competition? Then, what is the basis that eth will be the leader and seize the bitcoin position?
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:35:20 PM

Of course I think that this is possible, but if we are talking to you from a global point of view, because otherwise no coin can beat the bitcoin. If a project appears that is much better than bitcoin and is cheaper and faster and will be able to do something else, then it will be able to become a very good alternative and most likely will bypass the bitcoin project in all its parameters.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:39:31 PM

Ethereum is the second most popular crypto right now and does have the potential to replace bitcoin but it will take years for this to happen as Bitcoin being the pioneer is considered as the brand for the cryptos and is much more wider accepted (Bitcoin's market capital : $144 billion; ETH's market capital : $57.5 billion). Also, Ethereum doesn’t focus on value in currency, it focuses on providing a platform for others leaving the coin with a disadvantage.
However Ethereum's blockchain is much more efficient and faster than the pioneer and it has started geeting acceptance from big companies like Microsoft. Hence, making it a good competitor of BTC.
kamalkk

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:56:24 AM

I don't think that altcoins can replace bitcoin on its place because I think altcoins are also relying with bitcoin, so without bitcoin, they are also not going to bloom or to grow.
dalimex

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:18:44 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???
Yes bitcoin is irreplaceable. The price of a coin depends on supply and demand. Supply of bitcoin is very limited. I think bitcoin can be very expensive because the amount is very limited.
mine_20

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

RealtyReturns

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:10:11 PM

There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

Even though there a lot of coins in the altcoins world but bitcoin will not replace as one of the great coins in the crypto its because we can see there are many bitcoin user around the world than people who use other coins that is why bitcoin is the great and more expensive than other.

MoonX      
───   http://www.moon.family/   ───
TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:18:34 PM

What do you mean by replace? If for being rank #1 (in marketcap) yes they can replace bitcoin and it depends on the people if they'll going to choose that coin but bitcoin will still be the father of alts.
All cryptocurrencies except bitcoin is created because of bitcoin's influence in crypto industry. You are right that even bitcoin may be replaced by another coin but bitcoin would still be the root of all crypto coin in digital currency. A coin that replace bitcoin would take lots of effort and support. The process of replacing bitcoin for another coin is not an easy task but a hard one. For now my opinion about a coin that may replace bitcoin and it's chances is not capable on replacing bitcoin at this point.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
kilimanjaro54

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:21:06 PM

It seems to me that in the next 3-4 years none of the coins will replace BTC.  And in the future this coin can and will appear.
AlienSeeker

Activity: 360

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:21:39 PM

It is possible but I think it will take some tome. Bitcoin has many competitors but it is hard to win with bitcoin due to its demand. Many investors already trust bitcoin and I think bitcoin is hard tonlose. Maybe someday but for now bitcoin is still the best and it has potential in the cryptocurrency world.
Minotus

Activity: 236

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:24:28 PM

Well it's true blockchain technology depends so much on bitcoin for now but this will change. Crypto currencies and blockchain technology is starting to become mainstream and this attention brings new entrepreneurs and developers into crypto world. We will see so many incredible projects and stuff but i think bitcoin will still have special place among all other coins.

kenborbs

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 01:32:23 PM

Do you agree???

We can't really tell when BTC/Bitcoin will die or when its era will fade. But one thing for sure will happen is that cryptocurrency will be last forever and it'll be part of the economy in every country. I hope each country will give time to adapt to digital currency. ETH and Litecoin are the top altcoins that can compete with BTC or it might replace its position as being the number 1 digital currency in the market someday.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
B4rk4d4

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:39:13 PM

Do you agree???
I agree with you, any altcoins can't surpass bitcoin.  If there is an altcoin that will surpass bitcoin it will take many years before it surpasses bitcoin.
Dreamlandzoom

Activity: 414
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:46:16 PM

I don’t see any reason why BTC can’t be replaced. It doesn’t happen only because the time for that is still didn’t come. I also see that probability of that is higher on the green market. When the market is on the lows everybody is running to the btc believing that it is more safe coin. Once the market become more alive the candidates for btc replacement starting coming
meyklove

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:50:09 PM

Do you agree???

I agree and we can all see that if bitcoin is falling the other altcoin are down and it means that they are relying on bitcoin.

Ms Nuha

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:38:15 AM

In my view, Bitcoin will remain a focal point for crypto for a while. But I also do not think if we will find a substitute for bitcoin like that, maybe some decent competitors but bitcoin is what it is, if we see others challenging their market leader will have other uses and functions that bitcoin does not have.
ecelplasus

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:34:41 PM

Marinecoìn! I think this project is the best in 2018, they have great roadmap.take a chance to get 20,000 -MTC- free right now, just sign up the link marineco.ìn/ico and follow some simple steps. in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iotIn my opinion, -MTC- will success in the future. It is time tested fast and developed blockchain with quickly growing community, artificial intelligence and many other features in itself.in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iotI believe that MarineCoìn would absolutely will success in the future !And  by the way , you can go ahead and check their website at marineco.ìn and they are now giving 20.000 -MTC- Free ICO for one person who sign up the link marineco.ìn/ico
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:49:51 PM

I don't think that altcoins can replace bitcoin on its place because I think altcoins are also relying with bitcoin, so without bitcoin, they are also not going to bloom or to grow.
If that happens, it must really be an altcoin that has not been developed yet as I do not see anyone so far that stands that chance and anything anyone wants to say, they are free as everyone has their opinion. However, it is easy to give some promise for something, and it is easy to put it in books, but when it comes to reality and real life testing, that is when we get to see the real thing.

Bitcoin had a tough time with congestion last year when the whole FOMO started and then everyone started giving us the bull story about how bitcoin sucks. I guess there are just some set of people who really prefer the idea of attacking bitcoin at the slightest chance they get. Hopefully they get to find what they are looking for.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:53:11 PM

Yes, i agree with you, when you talk of the relativity in terms of price. When it comes to price difference, Bitcoin will continue to take the lead, but when you talk of value added. Some other coins might supersede Bitcoin, depending on the value added by such project.
I see Ethereun, Neo and Ripple to be good competitors. Although Ripple is a centralized crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: