Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:37:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Savedroid was a "scam" (it's now back). Still, don't trust experts 100%  (Read 582 times)
Analyst101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:39:00 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 09:38:25 AM by Analyst101

As you now know, Savedroid "was" a scam. Here’s their website:
https://ico.savedroid.com/

He even broadcasted it on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/YassinHankir/status/986551967932735488

But here’s the deal. Yes, countless investors got fooled but guess what? It was one of the highest rated ICOs. In fact, over 40 experts (some deleted theirs after realizing it’s a scam) rated it and gave it an average rating of 4.0.

You can find a list of them here:

https://archive.fo/ySMOz

There should be an incentive for “experts” to thoroughly research and analysis ICO instead of just saying “good luck.” I am not posting it as a wall of shame. However, we do need to be vigilant and make sure such unfortunate events happen less often, especially when so many “experts” analyzed such ICOs.

Update:
I had some users pointing out that it would been hard to catch it as a scam because the company had many things such as physical address and passed KYC a typical scam ICO wouldn't have. I think that's a good point. My point is that experts should provide more comprehensive feedback on the ICO rather than just giving 5 rating with words like "good luck" or "strong team!" Yes, scams like this will continue to happen (though there are some that say that it might be a PR), but I thought that giving comprehensive feedback on such ICOs can reduce the likelihood of such unfortunate events.

As I noted in the post:
 "There should be an incentive for “experts” to thoroughly research and analysis ICO instead of just saying “good luck.” I am not posting it as a wall of shame. However, we do need to be vigilant and make sure such unfortunate events happen less often, especially when so many “experts” analyzed such ICOs. "

Update:
It's back but wow! That was a bad PR. :/ https://ico.savedroid.com/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:41:51 PM

I'm not so sure is SCAM - it looks like website and twitter hacked! Don't panic and wait

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
manoj6233

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:50:39 PM

Solid, massive team. Nice to see some German projects coming through the ICO funnel. I like the concept, it's not new - there's a lot of projects wanting to simplify the process but this has a nice twist to it. Having said that, how will the savings accounts be affected by massive dips in Crypto like we had in January... shorting?
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:54:57 PM

Found this on another thread just posted some hours ago:

https://www.ccn.com/over-and-out-savedroid-ico-makes-apparent-exit-scam/

I guess these websites recommending and rating ICO's clearly takes money from the team behind it, just like many people including youtubers promoted something like bitconnect - only to lure ignorant investors and newbies and running away with their money.

People who lose money by buying into these scams then go around saying the whole BTC and cryptocurrency are Scam.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 05:59:57 PM

It's common knowledge that ICO rating website are totally unreliable.

And by common knowledge I mean there is tons of evidence out there that shows they get paid to review and also flat out common sense.
If someone gets scammed because they were foolish and lazy enough to trust ico rating websites, then I have no sympathy for them.

As far as the exit scam, it is really curious and interesting...
So the guy publicly posted how he scammed everyone and exited?
Doesn't that just seem terribly stupid?

So either his ego is so big and he had to rub it in everyone's faces and all of this posting will be used as evidence against him and he will be screwed.
Or, he managed to escape to a place where extradiction is incredibly difficult.

Or, someone actually did just hack the accounts and is trolling everyone.

Hard to tell which it is...

speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:07:05 PM

As you now know, Savedroid is a scam. Here’s their website:

But here’s the deal. Yes, countless investors got fooled but guess what? It was one of the highest rated ICOs. In fact, over 40 experts (some deleted theirs after realizing it’s a scam) rated it and gave it an average rating of 4.0.

There should be an incentive for “experts” to thoroughly research and analysis ICO instead of just saying “good luck.” I am not posting it as a wall of shame. However, we do need to be vigilant and make sure such unfortunate events happen less often, especially when so many “experts” analyzed such ICOs.

I am not sure whether it is scam or not. But first of all we should not believe these kind of scam website. These kind of website not updating the real rating, If they got payment from the ICO's, they will show that as top and give good rating. So people dont believe this website and take decision
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:07:17 PM

As you now know, Savedroid is a scam. Here’s their website:

Those experts are people that get paid 50$ to do a review. You think any blockchain technology/ICO expert is doing this? They can advice numerous ICOs and blockchain startups and you'd think that they are sitting behind a desk writing ICO reviews for 50$?

BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:16:37 PM

You know right the team pay some money to be listed in site like ICO bench ? Almost all ICO do i guess. You cant really know wich one will turn to be scam or succesfull project in the end. But we learn something from something like this, we should very carefull with our money and never invest more than we can afford to lose.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:18:27 PM

I wonder why people still rely on ICO rating website. These guys do not care about their integrity as a rating site, and all they are busy looking for is to make money with their rating website and as long as they get that, they are fine. In fact, most of the ICO rating websites are the biggest scam of all. The only way to make it as an ICO investor is to do due diligence yourself.

By the way, that is like one of the funniest exit I have ever seen. It was more like the dude behind the whole thing (if that is his real face though) rubbing it on the faces of the investors like, 'Y'all just got screwed! Bye!! See you next time!!!'

It is just disappointing how the ICO space is being polluted and a lot of investors still falling for it and some would still keep saying regulation is not needed.

I'm not so sure is SCAM - it looks like website and twitter hacked! Don't panic and wait

This looks more like they got hacked but we'll get to know later.
For now it's just like always: Insufficient information but as long as people can spread some fud they're happy Smiley

ICO rating websites can't predict apparently real projects turning into scam.

Come on guys! How else can it be glaring enough? How can both the website and twitter account end up getting hacked the same time? If that is the case, then why should I even trust such a team with my funds in the first place if they cannot keep their accounts and website safe? This is a scam, ICO rating websites suck and let's just call a spade a spade.
xpazer

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:26:35 PM

So the hacker have control Twitter account of CEO savedroid? I do not understand why if he scam, he dared to post a tweet like that
hiwainmoto

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:28:17 PM

You should know that these ICO rating websites are all getting paid for their reviews that is why you shouldnt be trusting these sites,always do a lot of research because these people wont give out their reviews without getting paid,the so called experts are bunch of f*ckers who are getting the ICO situation worst which is why theres a lot of investors that are getting fooled becaue they re giving fake reviews.

pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:30:40 PM

Wait a minute... Yall think CEO's twitter was hacked?! I dont think so... Anyway, I'd rather hope for it but the fact is that this dude has cheated on hundreds or even thousands of people...

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:33:48 PM

Anyone is on their telegram channel? If this is a hack, they should be there making any annoucement about this. But I am afraid this is another big exit scam ICO. Check this medium post by Theo Goodman, who checked their office in Frankfurt - it was empty... https://hallofrankfurt.de/savedroid-rekt-or-pr-stunt-a60d19e35ece

It looks bad.
cryptomarijuana

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:39:01 PM

Wait a minute... Yall think CEO's twitter was hacked?! I dont think so... Anyway, I'd rather hope for it but the fact is that this dude has cheated on hundreds or even thousands of people...
That is clearly an exit scheme,which is why we shouldnt be trusting these websites to rely upon our review to these new ICOs,because most of these websites are getting paid for every good reviews that they have,we shouldnt be relying to these sites instead do our own digging to find those red flag campaigns which we would know thru digging to the web.

jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 06:41:58 PM

Only a fool will invest in a project because one website rate it highly without first doing his own research too, what people don't understand is that all these ICO rating websites are just doing thier works, they give their rating to the highest bidder, it happens everywhere, capitalism, money talks

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
cryptocrocs

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:46:35 PM

ICO review websites are never a good source of these reviews,you should be doing your own thing as you are going to risk your money why would you choose to rely to these people? experts are getting paid that is why they are giving away shit reviews so that most of the investors are going to lose their money,they might be part of these scams that is why they giving away good reviews.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:48:58 PM

This is the news presently going round. One of my friends invested $1300 into savedroid. The question now is that can we conclude now that Savedroid is a scam. The reputation of ICO Bench is presently at stake, for listing this ICO. Well, they can only gain their reputations back, if only there is proper correction and perhaps it ends up to be just the work of hackers.
I am eagerly waiting to know the final outcome.
cryptoheroin

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:08:32 PM

You shouldnt be trusting these websites,because the experts are getting paid so that it wont be accurate all the time,they might be part of these scams which is why they are giving good revies out of nowhere,shouldnt be trusted as well as those f*cking experts which doesnt have credibility and doesnt know how it feels when you got fooled by these schemes.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:50:47 PM

This just proves two points, one is that the ico rating websites are no guarantee that you cannot be scammed, secondly even if the team is open and transparent during the ico it can still run away with all the money after collecting the funds.
Last but not the least, always remember the rules of investment like; never put all your eggs in one basket, only invest what you can afford to loose and every investment is risky.

jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:55:03 PM

Review websites arent reliable source as those experts are getting paid by those ICOs,which they can give any good reviews from anyone who pays them,which is why we should be doing our own research to prevent such scams,i am not a techy guy if i wont see any good members in google,i wont be investing because hidden profiles means they are going to do something.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: