Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.1T 900W, Innosilicon Blake256 D9 DecredMaster/ 3.83T 1380W, S11 SiaMaster  (Read 8070 times)
klwolf2000

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:06:29 PM

I decided to flip my D9 on eBay. After reading, "The State of Cryptocurrency Mining" by David Vorick, and seeing my other miners have yet to ROI, and probably won't, I'm finding this game to be ridiculous.

Interesting read. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, one must assume manufacturers are also running these miners behind the scenes. David's blog kinda of confirms my suspension but make no mistake, Obelisk will be doing the same thing. Why the heck would any manufacturer sell their "money printing" machines if they can keep the profits all to themselves? It's another avenue to generate revenue to build more machines, for their self.

One of the things that caught my attention is David mentions at the time of his writing (5/13) is that Obelisk will be shipping their first miners in about 8 weeks, putting their launch closer to July instead of June as many expected if that's true. The biggest concern for all miners is the market being FLOODED resulting in longer ROI, if ever achieved. We should all be aware that mining calculators are current state and not a good gauge of profitability months or even weeks down the road. Many of us have learned the hard way, myself included.

The D9 is no exception. I've seen the profitability drop from $200/day when I ordered/waiting on batch 1 from Innosilicon to current state of $89/day, granted the market is down everywhere today but it's not the first time I noticed the $80 range. That's assuming all batch 2 orders are online now. Innosilicon is currently onto their 3rd batch so I would presume profitability will take another major hit down to around the $50/day or more when those machines are up and running. Lord help us all when the Obelisk miners get online. I think we'll see it drop to around $20 range around that time.

The only positive is the longer it takes for competition from Obelisk, hell even Innosilicon, to get online the quicker the chances are to ROI. I'm happy that I purchased the D9 batch 1 when I did but have to admit, I'm much more reluctant to purchase this current batch (which I intended to do) and any other batches in the future seeing how quickly Innosilicon releases additional batches diminishing profitability very quickly. It's very much a cat and mouse game and we're at the mercy of the manufacturer.

This major concern would be somewhat alleviated if releases were pushed a bit further apart allowing us to get closer to ROI before the next batch becomes available. I think, let's all hope Innosilicon truly is a different company than Bitmain with respect to caring about their customer base by NOT flooding the market. I've had a great overall buying experience and looking forward to repeating business but at this rate, there's too much risk.

**Inno, please hear this plea. PLEASE slow down on your releases so YOUR customers are not burned by purchasing your miners. Let us get a bit closer to ROI before releasing subsequent batches.**

I agree these companies need to wait 2 months before bombarding the network with more miners. They charged way too much for these miners that now look impossible to make ROI. If new miners would come out every 2 months then it wouldn't be a problem but with Inno and Halong both flooding the market every month it is going to kill any chance of making a profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inno_ASIC (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:26:16 AM

Innosilicon sent me a defective D9. Several scratch on the box, the stickers of warranty were torn and a hashboard did not work. I contacted the technical support. We had agreed to send the defective hashboard and the replacement one at the same time in order to minimize the shipping time lost. It has now been 3 days since my hashboard is delivered to their factory. I have no news of the replacement hashboard. My D9 only works at 1.4Th / S since receipt, 9 days ago. I am very disappointed with this product. I think Innosilicon's after-sales service policy does not respect the customer.

Hello thank you for your feedback. Could you please provide your order ID to me? We can check the info and push the after-sales support to reply you asap. Is that ok for you?

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
PascAle

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:01:22 AM

Here is my ID related to my faulty D9: D9INNO2018041947
I want to tell you that I find this situation unacceptable. It's been 10 days since I received a defective product. This will probably prevent me from reaching the ROI. It took me about 2 days to send the defective product from Canada to China with DHL. And this, at my expense. You do not even have 10 minutes to devote myself to organize the return ??
Paulk201270

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:47:35 PM

I agree, there needs to be the availability of ROI - especially when investing $7k into one miner.  The delay in shipping mine was infuriating - just like everyone else that was forced to wait longer than promised.

I'm one of the lucky ones that did NOT get a faulty hashboard, but the April firmware is still faulty with the constant autotune (which I am certain reduces performance) as before that activated I was making more than 1 decred a day, and every subsequent day has been less than 1 decred.  The firmware also is locked at the status page at 2.34TH - which it obviously is not producing (as nothing I connect to ever states that high - actually much less) so I'd like to know when you will fix that issue on the D9 Innosilicon???

That being said, I do like it, it hums away quite nicely - I just need 90 days of perfect mining with NO increase in difficulty and NO decrease in profitability to try to get some money back.

On another point, does anyone know the best/easiest route to trade decred back to an extractable $US?

I was looking at the Ticket process for decred to try to increase the value by the voting method, but your need about 92 decred to buy 1 ticket, lol - that's about 100 days at the current rate (Come on Inno - fix autotune!!!!!!)

Best regards
Paul.
CNoteFan

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:35:21 PM

Anyone know the SSH credentials for these machines?  I've searched both DragonMint and Innosilicon support with no luck. 

Thanks

I emailed Innosilicon "post purchase support" concerning this and got the following:
Dear Customer,
Thanks for letting me know your concern. However, I'm sorry to let you know that we are unable to provide this. Hope for your understanding.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 09:15:52 PM

Anyone know the SSH credentials for these machines?  I've searched both DragonMint and Innosilicon support with no luck. 

Thanks

I emailed Innosilicon "post purchase support" concerning this and got the following:
Dear Customer,
Thanks for letting me know your concern. However, I'm sorry to let you know that we are unable to provide this. Hope for your understanding.

Try

root/innot1t2 or root/t1t2t3a5

These are for older miners but if Inno developers are as lazy as their support - it might work Smiley
sweeperAA

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:56:46 PM

Thanks

Dear Customer,

Try

root/innot1t2 or root/t1t2t3a5

These are for older miners but if Inno developers are as lazy as their support - it might work Smiley

Thanks for the info, but these didn't work. I also tried these combinations [root][admin]\[innod9][dragonadmin][t1t2t3a5d9].
Kmmille2

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:52:32 PM
Merited by suchmoon (5)

Just accept the fact that the network, as measured by profitability and your ROI, is ruined.

It's math, not magic. Within 30 days, the network difficulty is 244% higher. The Network Hashrate is roughly 400% higher.

You can extract those numbers using prediction models to estimate where you're ROI in an additional 30 days, 60 days etc... until it's fully saturated.

People are in love with the "idea" of mining. The problem is that you're playing an inherently unfair game. You're putting 100% of your trust in a Chinese company that's making these machines, running them to rake in massive profits (without any real competition) and then knowingly dumping them on the naive consumer once they've calculated their worth to be below the return they would have by operating them. The D9 miner is probably less than $800 to produce. They sell them at $6800, an 750% markup - because the customer "thinks" they will get their ROI.

You will never get your ROI on a mining machine unless you're in 1 of 2 buckets.

1- You own a manufacturing company who can house, operate and develop your own miners with minimal cost.
2- You have a secret relationship with "underground" miners who are running operations that the general public doesn't know about.

If you made machines that printed money... you'd keep them - unless the money was worthless (and you knew that) or inflation was so high (network difficulty / hashrate) that it would be less profitable to print it than it would to sell them.

I say this as someone who loves mining. I love the technology, the operation, and the principle behind Crypto. However, as a business man and investor who owns several mining rigs with a large investment, I would STRONGLY caution anyone from investing money into any form of mining equipment unless you're totally okay with never seeing that money again.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 12:32:27 AM

You will never get your ROI on a mining machine unless you're in 1 of 2 buckets.

1- You own a manufacturing company who can house, operate and develop your own miners with minimal cost.
2- You have a secret relationship with "underground" miners who are running operations that the general public doesn't know about.

That's not strictly true - there are many variables that may allow a small-time miner to ROI. But it is a big gamble so I mostly agree with your overall assessment. Manufacturers are selling you a huge risk and pocketing risk-free money.
Paulk201270

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:57:46 AM

So I have one question - how do I contact these secret miners, lol.....
chris-swiss

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:24:04 AM

have received my d9 on 9 my its 5105 thash , 17 may have looking 10'000 thash so the d9 make 2thas , its easy first batch at now Innosilicon have sell 2450 d9 on market( 2450 * 2thash its 4900 thash+5100=10'000)  you can be make price at 6300 per D9 ,its 15 435 000 dollars for all and its just the day have received my d9 some people have received before
Nice for innosilicon but now if you waiting little bit for my ass its nice, because its important to make my Roi for next asic you make ,if i don't make my ROI you never touch my ass . thanks for understand .

its easy to understand and you have make a lot of dollars because you have use the d9 before to sell Smiley

thanks Innosilicon to take time for read my post . One other think if you work same as bitmain my next buying its FPGA for my first time make in your ass ,for you, for bitmain and all company in this play to fuck the customer

sorry for my english i write better in french
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:34:31 PM

Looks like the efficiency numbers for these miners is better than the Obelisk numbers.  Gonna hurt a lot of people who preordered those miners.  Are the shipping issues still happening or has Inno finally caught up?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 07:03:06 PM

Looks like the efficiency numbers for these miners is better than the Obelisk numbers.  Gonna hurt a lot of people who preordered those miners.  Are the shipping issues still happening or has Inno finally caught up?

I ordered both. Obelisk was cheap enough (0.14 BTC IIRC) so that I don't have to worry about it too much.

Inno still sucks tremendously. Bitcoin payments take days to confirm. Doesn't make any sense.
klwolf2000

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:40:19 PM

I just noticed Inno is releasing a 3rd batch this week.... I see that they like to fuck their customers by flooding the market so no one makes any money. The 3rd batch they want $6800 that doesn't include shipping or power supply.... When Halongs 2nd batch and Inno's 3rd batch come online next week expect all miners to make $30-$40 a day. These retards should wait a month before releasing more miners otherwise no one will be able to recoup their initial investment. For how much they are charging now with the difficulty increase it would make more sense to just buy the coins and start putting them into POS.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:51:41 PM

I just noticed Inno is releasing a 3rd batch this week.... I see that they like to fuck their customers by flooding the market so no one makes any money. The 3rd batch they want $6800 that doesn't include shipping or power supply.... When Halongs 2nd batch and Inno's 3rd batch come online next week expect all miners to make $30-$40 a day. These retards should wait a month before releasing more miners otherwise no one will be able to recoup their initial investment. For how much they are charging now with the difficulty increase it would make more sense to just buy the coins and start putting them into POS.

Small price cut at 6300 and 3200 , but if you pay in crypto its ~6700- 3400. Not enough of a discount,  one benefit is new buyers will hold off as price is still too high , less buyers = less hash rate. ROI very iffy on these. Very few seem to have pool hash rates that match the miner interface hashrates. Obelisks just around the corner and other manufacturers trying to release their 16nm decreds soon, then halong batch due end of this month now another inno batch.Its not looking good.

sweeperAA

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:03:16 PM

I certainly would want inno and halong to stop producing units, but they're in it to make money, just like all of us are. So if they can keep selling them, I'm not sure we should really fault them for it. Every person mining should know that the higher probability of making a profit is to buy the coin instead of mine it. But personally, I enjoy doing some of both. My biggest hope is that Inno and Halong don't reduce the price of these miners so that everyone can get one for $1000.
Kaisa104

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:27:54 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 11:19:48 PM by Kaisa104

dang!
I'm not good with gamble so I gonna stick with bitmain!
At least they manage their bills well
Dawinsky

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:11:30 PM

What kinda PSU do you use With the D9? Can I use a 1200w Bitmain psu?
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:12:44 PM

What kinda PSU do you use With the D9? Can I use a 1200w Bitmain psu?

Yep

guzzler

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:44:21 AM

I would like to warn all of you out there regarding the S11 miner. I bought a batch recently and half of them could only get about 3.2T Hashrate even when overclocked. Advertised is 3.83T at factory settings.

I asked support and they said it's the mining pool problem, there's nothing wrong with their miners. I have tried all the mining pools out there and all of them were reporting only 3.2T.

I have upgraded to the latest 11 May firmware and the issue remains. They want me to ship back the miners at my own cost to be replaced but I won't be doing that. The loss in income and shipping fees will not be worth it. So beware if you want to purchase anything from Innosilicon again. The support sucks to the core.

I can provide evidence but the conversations are in Chinese. Anyone who wants evidence of the conversation can PM me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: