Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Running at 145 MH/s, Earns 0.33 ETH/month, is it worth?  (Read 518 times)
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:23:01 PM

Don't be afraid to overclock your GPUs with AB or BIOS mod them. Like Spllouder said you are getting less for paying more. GPUs aren't so fragile as some people try to make them look.

Crypto S
Copper Member

Activity: 243
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:32:44 AM

Okay guys that gives me more clarification now.

So first thing is I am currently getting wrong hashrate and I assure that is because I have not overclocked it. I just bought it and installed on my own. I am running that one with the ethOS operating system and ASUS motherboard.

I will checkout the links provided for the overlocking and will do that immediately. However I will need to study that first as im no expert in that one to be honest.

And another tip for me is switch to monero! Okay what is the requirement for this one? can it be still ran on the ethOS or I have change the whole OS as well. Just new and learning in the mining field, hope you will guys explain this one too.

Thanks for the guidance. Appreciate it!

Your ETHOS days are over. Just dump that software away. Install win10 and download nicehash. As simple as that. Nicehash has an advantage of switching algos automatically when some other algo outperforms what you mine, still, If you don't want to pay fees to nicehash, then just download the latest monero miner and mine yourself on a pool like suprnova. You'll probably make more money by doing so.

You can mine monero on your average ubuntu distro too if that's what you prefer.
This page has everything you need to know: https://xmr.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

I am using Ethos and mining Monero.
When you are ready to switch, contact me and I will be happy to assist you.

Hello,

I too am using ethOs and am currently earning a 0.33 ETH/month. Is it worth switching to monero? If so, why not on Ethos?I could really use the info.i was thinking of switching to something else.

I did some research on switching but it seems that I am out of option due to few facts that I dont want go ahead. For example, my hash rate is around 145 MH/s because I have not overclocked my device and doing so might invalidate the warranty of seller. So im not doing that for sure.

When I searched for switching to Monero then I came to know that I will have to do the dual mining. So on ethOS at least we will have to run ETH mining along with Monero. This will kill the profits anyway. Thats just my own research but we do need conclusions on these!  

Same here, i have not overclocked due to fear of invalidating the warranty. I see that almost all experienced miners suggerst overclocking but you need to remember how it was when you were a mining virgin as well! i think i will consider overclocking it when it has at least mined it's worth. Or will it be too late then and not worth it ? If so , is it possible to overclock and undervolt in Ethos without invalidating the warranty or is that not worth it. Like others said i understand that it is not such a big deal and that i am indeed loosing money now due to not overclocking. However how can one overcome that fear of not making any money due to a void warranty. I mean, it is already giving me errors and i fear for the worst if i OC. Thanks and sorry for the newb questions.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:51:38 AM

So first thing is I am currently getting wrong hashrate and I assure that is because I have not overclocked it. I just bought it and installed on my own. I am running that one with the ethOS operating system and ASUS motherboard.

I will checkout the links provided for the overlocking and will do that immediately. However I will need to study that first as im no expert in that one to be honest.

And another tip for me is switch to monero! Okay what is the requirement for this one? can it be still ran on the ethOS or I have change the whole OS as well. Just new and learning in the mining field, hope you will guys explain this one too.

Your ETHOS days are over. Just dump that software away. Install win10 and download nicehash. As simple as that. Nicehash has an advantage of switching algos automatically when some other algo outperforms what you mine, still, If you don't want to pay fees to nicehash, then just download the latest monero miner and mine yourself on a pool like suprnova. You'll probably make more money by doing so.

You can mine monero on your average ubuntu distro too if that's what you prefer.
This page has everything you need to know: https://xmr.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Hello,

I too am using ethOs and am currently earning a 0.33 ETH/month. Is it worth switching to monero? If so, why not on Ethos?I could really use the info.i was thinking of switching to something else.

I did some research on switching but it seems that I am out of option due to few facts that I dont want go ahead. For example, my hash rate is around 145 MH/s because I have not overclocked my device and doing so might invalidate the warranty of seller. So im not doing that for sure.

When I searched for switching to Monero then I came to know that I will have to do the dual mining. So on ethOS at least we will have to run ETH mining along with Monero. This will kill the profits anyway. Thats just my own research but we do need conclusions on these! 

By not overclocking / undervolting you will be putting your GPUs through too much stress because power consumption and temperatures are higher. People have been overclocking all the time and the stores do not invalidate warranties just because of that (they also have no way to check if you overclock your cards or not as overclocking is software based).

BIOS modding of your GPUs is another thing i recommend to maximize profits but if you are still too worried about overclocking you may be more worried about doing this. But consider it as an option as well. Do your research on AMD GPU BIOS mods.

Lastly, if you want to mine Monero forget about ETHOS, simply install windows and use miners like XMR-STAK or CastXMR.
Crypto S
Copper Member

Activity: 243
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:48:52 AM

Hello,

By not overclocking / undervolting you will be putting your GPUs through too much stress because power consumption and temperatures are higher. People have been overclocking all the time and the stores do not invalidate warranties just because of that (they also have no way to check if you overclock your cards or not as overclocking is software based).

BIOS modding of your GPUs is another thing i recommend to maximize profits but if you are still too worried about overclocking you may be more worried about doing this. But consider it as an option as well. Do your research on AMD GPU BIOS mods.

Lastly, if you want to mine Monero forget about ETHOS, simply install windows and use miners like XMR-STAK or CastXMR.

Thank you , in my head  i regarded overclocking / undervolting and BIOS modding the same thing.  What i was afraid of was the bios modding. i didnt realize OC/undervolt could be done without it.

So i could install a software like afterburner on ethos and and see some improvements ?

i am planning to use linux or windows at some point but ethos provided a good start for me as i didnt have to mess around with any settings. i will ditch it though once i feel i have the hang of it.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:54:11 AM

Thank you , in my head  i regarded overclocking / undervolting and BIOS modding the same thing.  What i was afraid of was the bios modding. i didnt realize OC/undervolt could be done without it.

So i could install a software like afterburner on ethos and and see some improvements ?

i am planning to use linux or windows at some point but ethos provided a good start for me as i didnt have to mess around with any settings. i will ditch it though once i feel i have the hang of it.

Yes. BIOS modding is different from overclocking and using a combination of both is what people do to maximize profits. If you want to try overclocking first you can safely do it without risking your warranty.

If you are using ETHos, they have their own built-in tools to control clock settings. Afterburner is usually for Windows operating systems. Switching to windows or linux will be good for you since it gives you the flexibility in mining and optimizing your GPUs. If you plan to ditch it later on anyway, might as well ditch it now.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:49:25 AM

i have 10 gpus, 2 of which are 570 8gb sapphire cards, one with micron and the other with hynix. The micron one is doing 32,3mh/s with less than 5 errors/hour and the other one is doing 31,3mh/s with no errors.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:53:23 AM

-It's definitely worth it until you've some cheap (or free in your case) electricity.

-Each of your Sapphire RX 570 should be generating at least 27 Mh/s. Have you tried using some of the integrated overclocking options of Claymore miner? Which miner are you using right now?

-Monero is right now like 20% more profitable to mine than Ethereum, you should move to it.

-If you want to keep Ethereum, you may first mine Monero and then trade it for Ethereum. That way you'll get like 20% more Ethereum than directly mining it.

All my rx 570 4gb getting 29.5mh each! Just little mod bios easy and quick
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: