Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:04:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PENDING] ASICMiner Cubes. 30-38gh/s - USA - 1 BTC - Price protection!  (Read 18108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hayseed

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:27:38 AM

it appears they should be shipped from hong kong as a diy kit instead of assembled.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mchu168

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:50:58 AM

Received 6 cubes today.   Cheesy

I haven't tested them all yet but 2 of the 4 I've testing are having issues.

1 cubes will show about 1/2 of a blade with oooxxxxooox on it.  When I restart, sometimes the whole cube shows xxxxx, other times, another blade will show xxxoooxxoxox and the original one with oooxxxxooox will show all good.  I've used the same powersupply with another cube and I've tried re-setting the PIC/E connectors but the same thing happens.   Huh

1 cube will turn on but there will be no red status/activity light on.  The relays will click on, and there will be 2 green leds, but you cannot connect to it.  I've tried switching powersupplys and reseating the PIC/E connects but nothing happens.  Here is the kicker: when I opened the box, there was a small computer screw rattling around inside the cube.  Not good.   Shocked

Any ideas on troubleshooting?

I had a loose screw in my unit this time around. It was one of the 4 screws holding the heatsink to one of the blades. My guess is that one of those is missing in your unit right now. One thing I also noticed is that the blades slipped out of their rails during shipment from HongKong. This was leading to some pressure on the main board.

I highly suggest you all open your units upon receipt and confirm that the blades are seated properly in the upper rails so they are not causing undue pressure on the mainboard. Also, make sure none of the heatsink screws came out during shipment. When you are putting the cube back together, be careful to make sure the led status light is guided into the small hole on your case or it could bend backwards and possibly break off.

I checked all of the cubes and 2 of the 6 are having issues.  When I took them apart, the blades had slipped outside of the grove on top of the box.  The bottom board was flexed quite a bit.  I checked all of the pins and re-set all of the blades.  When I tested again, there was no change.

1 cube gives me:

The other cube won't even let me connect.  Nor does it show the red led for activity.

CHanges in powersupply and cables did not change anything.

**EDIT**

I do hear the relays click on with each cube.

One of my cubes from Canary has this exact problem.  Boards popped out of top rails and backplane was flexed when I received it with dreaded solid rows of x's.  Hopefully there is an easy fix for this problem, as when working they are really sweet!

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:12:40 AM

Received 6 cubes today.   Cheesy

I haven't tested them all yet but 2 of the 4 I've testing are having issues.

1 cubes will show about 1/2 of a blade with oooxxxxooox on it.  When I restart, sometimes the whole cube shows xxxxx, other times, another blade will show xxxoooxxoxox and the original one with oooxxxxooox will show all good.  I've used the same powersupply with another cube and I've tried re-setting the PIC/E connectors but the same thing happens.   Huh

1 cube will turn on but there will be no red status/activity light on.  The relays will click on, and there will be 2 green leds, but you cannot connect to it.  I've tried switching powersupplys and reseating the PIC/E connects but nothing happens.  Here is the kicker: when I opened the box, there was a small computer screw rattling around inside the cube.  Not good.   Shocked

Any ideas on troubleshooting?

I had a loose screw in my unit this time around. It was one of the 4 screws holding the heatsink to one of the blades. My guess is that one of those is missing in your unit right now. One thing I also noticed is that the blades slipped out of their rails during shipment from HongKong. This was leading to some pressure on the main board.

I highly suggest you all open your units upon receipt and confirm that the blades are seated properly in the upper rails so they are not causing undue pressure on the mainboard. Also, make sure none of the heatsink screws came out during shipment. When you are putting the cube back together, be careful to make sure the led status light is guided into the small hole on your case or it could bend backwards and possibly break off.

I checked all of the cubes and 2 of the 6 are having issues.  When I took them apart, the blades had slipped outside of the grove on top of the box.  The bottom board was flexed quite a bit.  I checked all of the pins and re-set all of the blades.  When I tested again, there was no change.

1 cube gives me:

The other cube won't even let me connect.  Nor does it show the red led for activity.

CHanges in powersupply and cables did not change anything.

**EDIT**

I do hear the relays click on with each cube.

One of my cubes from Canary has this exact problem.  Boards popped out of top rails and backplane was flexed when I received it with dreaded solid rows of x's.  Hopefully there is an easy fix for this problem, as when working they are really sweet!

I was able to "fix" this problem by taking the cube apart - really easy, just 8 screws - and swapping 2 of the 6 blades with a different cube.  I'm not sure what that did, but the cube is working fine.  I also had the same issue with another cube and I just re-seated the blades in the board.  That appeared to work.  I'll post back tomorrow after the cubes have been running for a bit and update on the 'fixes'.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:32:26 PM

I had a Cube that arrived with a single X'd chip, but ran for two weeks fine. Last night it decided to start with all X until the one card with the one bad chip was removed; running on 5 cards all Os. Haven't tracked down the issue yet.
If it's starting with all X and power-cycling isn't resetting it, I'd say pull one card at a time and check status on the rest. You might be able to get it running in lower capacity until a fix/replacement is found.

Also, to the guy whose cards were showing up with sporadic chips X'd, it could be a voltage regulation issue. Check your input voltage at the connectors; you may need a stronger power supply and some of your cards are starved for power. Or it could just be bad connection of the cards to the mainboard, pull and reseat might help.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
bitzombie

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:30:11 PM

Just curious are you still taking orders for these? If so are they pre-ordered or readily available? I see it says "SOLD OUT" so does that mean you're discontinuing? Thanks in advance!

-Zombie-
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:38:36 PM

Just curious are you still taking orders for these? If so are they pre-ordered or readily available? I see it says "SOLD OUT" so does that mean you're discontinuing? Thanks in advance!

-Zombie-

Sold out of Batch #2. I'm waiting on shipping confirmation from China before I start taking orders for Batch #3

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
herener

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:50:19 AM

Got our cubes up and running.  Thanks Crazy!

https://i.imgur.com/XwGoKMd.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/jTPwSze.jpg?1

-herener
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:12:15 AM

Nice use of space!

Boston.Miner

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:44:27 AM

it appears they should be shipped from hong kong as a diy kit instead of assembled.

Hahaha, that's a good one !
ldh37

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:00:38 AM

cool setup

Donations Welcome - BTC: 1JUyXPSLgCtmp65LBJjN5MTFRQjWPhxExM
COINBASE - Buy/Sell BTC
xoclutch

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:57:56 PM

https://i.imgur.com/XwGoKMd.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/jTPwSze.jpg?1

-herener

How many cubes per power supply are u running?
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:02:08 PM

-herener

How many cubes per power supply are u running?

looks like 1 PS per cube. there are 4 PS on the bottom shelf and prolly 4 on the top to go to 8 cubes

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:44:12 PM

Sexy, I'd of bought one if you had stock Sad
xoclutch

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:01:38 AM

Got My cube in the mail today,

Thanks CrazyGuy, for the Fast Responses, and shipping!! Would be happy to order from you again.

My cube however does appear to "crash" when setting the clock into "high", it restarts, then it wont connect to the proxy, until i power cycle it.  My cube has firmware 9.17, is there an update or possible fix for this?  

Thanks

My PSU: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ALK3KEM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only running 1 cube off it, should be more then enough juice.

I've found that setting the clock from some browsers does not work. I can't set the clock from mobile safari for some reason, but standard safari works fine. Which proxy are you using?

I tried other browser all did the same thing, as soon as I enable the clock to HIGH, it just basically stops getting data from the Proxy and the MHS display slowly goes to zero and then it stops hashing all together... I'm using Slush's: https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy 

When I first setup the device I had a lot of trouble getting it connect, however I no longer seem to have that problem any more.  A Power Cycle of the cube will get it connect and working right away... and its stable.  Is there a firmware update I can apply ? It seems like its just a bug in the code.

THanks
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:35:35 PM

Got My cube in the mail today,

Thanks CrazyGuy, for the Fast Responses, and shipping!! Would be happy to order from you again.

My cube however does appear to "crash" when setting the clock into "high", it restarts, then it wont connect to the proxy, until i power cycle it.  My cube has firmware 9.17, is there an update or possible fix for this?  

Thanks

My PSU: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ALK3KEM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only running 1 cube off it, should be more then enough juice.

I've found that setting the clock from some browsers does not work. I can't set the clock from mobile safari for some reason, but standard safari works fine. Which proxy are you using?

I tried other browser all did the same thing, as soon as I enable the clock to HIGH, it just basically stops getting data from the Proxy and the MHS display slowly goes to zero and then it stops hashing all together... I'm using Slush's: https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy 

When I first setup the device I had a lot of trouble getting it connect, however I no longer seem to have that problem any more.  A Power Cycle of the cube will get it connect and working right away... and its stable.  Is there a firmware update I can apply ? It seems like its just a bug in the code.

THanks

How many devices do you have hitting one proxy? I've found that there is a threshold where the proxy cannot provide enough work to all devices.

xoclutch

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:47:21 PM

Just the one.
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:50:28 PM

Just the one.
What model PSU?

xoclutch

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:54:58 PM

sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:36:42 PM

Looks Like I have to send 1 of 4 back. No Network card light, no status light but yet power ups. Looks like this cube was slammed together because the blades where not aligned with the grooves on the top inside of the case making it hard to pull out when it shouldn't. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but it sure wouldn't help. Something to look out for on any future shipments. Just an FYI. My other units are humming along.
2 are perfect and 1 w/ some x's on the chips but still hitting 30-35GH/s+.

thanks crazyguy.
sbfree
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:23:55 PM

That psu includes 2 cables, each with 2 pcie connectors. Make sure you are using a single connector from each cable. I'm not sure that 1 cable can handle the full load required by high clock.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: