Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:49:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Cointerra  (Read 11589 times)
testerx (OP)

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:02:27 AM

What's going on with your warranty?  In the original terms and conditions we both agreed upon when I sent you tens of thousands of dollars it clearly stated that there was a 90 day warranty, but now it's suddenly 30 days.  Not only that you're sending out e-mails offering to "double" the warranty to 60 days if we pay $3500 per unit for hosting.

CoinTerra’s partnership with TerraMine Hosting has enabled us to make a limited-time offer to apply the pre-paid shipping fees for your TerraMiner hardware against the cost of a 6 or 12  month hosting plan. This offer expires at midnight on November 22nd 2013.

Some of the benefits of hosting your TerraMiner with TerraMine Hosting include:

Tier-3 compliant data center with 99.98% uptime guarantee.

The warranty period on your TerraMiner is doubled from 30 to 60 days.

You've been CLEARLY stating that it's a 90 day warranty even on your own forums: http://forum.cointerra.com/threads/do-you-offer-a-warranty.21/ So why the hell am I suddenly being e-mailed an offer to pay you another $7000 to "double" my warranty to 60 days with hosting?  There have been no e-mails whatsoever to existing customers that there's been a change in the length of warranty, but now you're e-mailing asking us to pay more money to get a 60 day warranty.  WTF?!?  

And why is there even a change in the warranty length?!?  Was there some hardware issue that's causing less reliability than originally anticipated?  You guys are being completely opaque and secretive about these changes and this is not how this is supposed to work.  You guys are acting shadier than BFL with warranties here and not telling anybody about it.  Your own forums still say it's 90 days so what the hell is going on?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:09:04 AM

Isn't it obvious?  They ran out of money and aren't able to finish development... hence the blatant cash grab.
Paladin69

Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:14:45 AM

Bankruptcy filing incoming.
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:27:20 AM

http://forum.cointerra.com/threads/do-you-offer-a-warranty.21/#post-41
they say 90 in the forum, but terms are 30 days in http://cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/
SemiMolten

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:05:50 AM

Never trust those asic mining manufacturers  Smiley

AdamKD

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:07:39 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 06:19:18 AM by AdamKD

Terms were changed (Note:  Someone should do a side-by-side comparison on what's changed since 8/30/2013):

https://web.archive.org/web/20130830060359/http://cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/
That's the 8/30/2013 archive.org copy of the website which recites:

"Warranties. CoinTerra warrants that its Product(s) will, at the time of shipment and for a period of ninety days thereafter, be free from defects in material and workmanship, be free of all liens and encumbrances, and will conform to CoinTerra’s approved specifications."

Current agreement on: http://cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/

"Warranties. CoinTerra warrants that its Product(s) will, at the time of shipment and for a period of thirty (30) days thereafter, be free from defects in material and workmanship, be free of all liens and encumbrances, and will conform to CoinTerra’s approved specifications."

TL;DR:  CoinTerra pulling a fast one.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:11:46 AM

butterfly labs 2.0. If they can survive and deliver a product.

Avalanche is a must own
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:26:47 AM

butterfly labs 2.0. If they can survive and deliver a product.

*butterfly labs 2.0. If they can survive and not deliver a product.

ericdc30

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:28:18 AM

Doesn't look good for Cointerra to pull a scam like that. If I had money invested in a rig I would take it out now!

Please people don't do mining preorders buy Bitcoins already! Start doing your math before getting into this preorder bs. When the time is right you can make money with hardware but now is not the time. Mining hardware progression will stabilize at 28nm you have plenty of time to buy into the next gen.

You don't have to do preorders to get a good return. Many of you will end up regretting this and perhaps some will actually get lucky and get your gear on time.

Anyway the bottom line is that it's a gamble and buying Bitcoins is a better gamble period.
ericdc30

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:39:12 AM

I would bet that BFL ships before Cointerra.

Mainly because BFL is dead as a company if they fail at delivering the Monarch roughly on schedule.
xstr8guy

Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:53:28 AM

Doesn't look good for Cointerra to pull a scam like that. If I had money invested in a rig I would take it out now!

Please people don't do mining preorders buy Bitcoins already! Start doing your math before getting into this preorder bs. When the time is right you can make money with hardware but now is not the time. Mining hardware progression will stabilize at 28nm you have plenty of time to buy into the next gen.

You don't have to do preorders to get a good return. Many of you will end up regretting this and perhaps some will actually get lucky and get your gear on time.

Anyway the bottom line is that it's a gamble and buying Bitcoins is a better gamble period.

Right!  Buy Bitcoins at the height of the bubble.  Good advice.   Roll Eyes
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:59:58 AM

Right!  Buy Bitcoins at the height of the bubble.  Good advice.   Roll Eyes

Said everyone when it was at $5$ $10$ $15 $20 $30 $50 $70 $100 $130 $150 $180 $200 ......... $300 $330 $350 $390 $400 $420 $440

Roll Eyes
DPoS

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:19:26 AM

Tier-3 compliant data center with 99.98% uptime guarantee.

more brochure bullshit to appeal to the greedy middle manager types...  their target market all along

THEY WILL NEVER SHIP A MINER!!!!

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:26:37 AM

Mainly because BFL is dead as a company if they fail at delivering the Monarch roughly on schedule.

BFL timeline for Monarch is April at least 19 weeks if you add up all the things they have to do. They are roughly behind schedule as they said they would ship this year. They said tapeout would be August. They are already 3 months behind... can we now put BFL in the FAILED to deliver the Monarch on time category?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:28:21 AM

Right!  Buy Bitcoins at the height of the bubble.  Good advice.   Roll Eyes

Said everyone when it was at $5$ $10$ $15 $20 $30 $50 $70 $100 $130 $150 $180 $200 ......... $300 $330 $350 $390 $400 $420 $440

Roll Eyes

Highlighted the prices I bought BTC at. Has worked for me so far. Bought at the last "bubble".

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ericdc30

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:30:42 AM

Right!  Buy Bitcoins at the height of the bubble.  Good advice.   Roll Eyes

It's not a bubble if that's what it costs to mine. But yes I agree the timing could be better.
ericdc30

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:34:39 AM

BFL timeline for Monarch is April at least 19 weeks if you add up all the things they have to do. They are roughly behind schedule as they said they would ship this year. They said tapeout would be August. They are already 3 months behind... can we now put BFL in the FAILED to deliver the Monarch on time category?

If what you say is true then I would say yes.
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:39:07 AM

Go look here... and add up the weeks... and look at their original posts on when things were SUPPOSED to ship.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

All well documented in their forums. I don't need to be the source of the whether it is "true" it is posted on their forums.

ericdc30

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:18:15 PM

Go look here... and add up the weeks... and look at their original posts on when things were SUPPOSED to ship.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

All well documented in their forums. I don't need to be the source of the whether it is "true" it is posted on their forums.

I believe you. I won't look into it further since I have no plans on investing in BFL gear.
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:51:18 PM

Hum... contract, 

Its a tricky one even the poster here listed as 90 days but the actual contract drawn by someone else at the company issued the 30 days warranty at the time of purchase.

could be a miscommunication within the company! 

I thought they were to ship next month in December.

Its hard to speculate online.  If time allows, I might go visit them in person and see whats going on!  That way, its real face to face and hope to see a demo/prototype unit at their office.  That should be a nice relaxing news for the preordered guys!

Hopefully cointerra guy will respond here and provide explanation of what happened soon!

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
peterepeat

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:38:44 AM

testerx (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:29:54 AM

Hum... contract,  

Its a tricky one even the poster here listed as 90 days but the actual contract drawn by someone else at the company issued the 30 days warranty at the time of purchase.

could be a miscommunication within the company!  

I thought they were to ship next month in December.

Its hard to speculate online.  If time allows, I might go visit them in person and see whats going on!  That way, its real face to face and hope to see a demo/prototype unit at their office.  That should be a nice relaxing news for the preordered guys!

Hopefully cointerra guy will respond here and provide explanation of what happened soon!
The contract definitely used to say 90 days as well, so it's not a matter of the representative not being right, they just up and changed the contract without telling anybody.

I'm really surprised that Cointerra still hasn't responded.  What's going on?!
Anarchaos

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:50:21 AM

"Hey Phil, remember to update the terms and conditions page with all the new info we covered on Tuesday's meeting. Remember to change the blah blah, the blah blah blah, but the warranty stays the same at 90 days."

Phil however, was distracted by the office secretary's large breasts, and updated the wrong info on Cointerra's website.

meanwhile, on bitcointalk:

"IT'S A CONSPIRACY! BFL 2.0! THEY'RE SCREWING US! THEY'RE GOING BANKRUPT! THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE LIZARDMEN, BLAAARGH"

Yes, if they changed the warranty period from 90 to 30 days, that's bad and those of us who bought from them should be pissed.

But let's at least wait until they're confirmed it until we spaz out?

It's a brand new tech startup in a relatively new field of tech development. They are bound to make a shitton of mistakes, the least of which is writing the wrong warranty info on their site.

I have personally encountered a few such errors on their website, where one page says X and another says Y.

Let's all take a deep breath, have a drink, a hit from the bong etc, and chill the fuck out.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:02:54 AM

It's about warranty so I guess
You're still gonna receive your rig but it will blow up somewhere between 31-90 days.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:19:43 PM

It's weekend in America.  Hope they will come back and update us on MONDAY!

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:49:11 PM

It's weekend in America.  Hope they will come back and update us on MONDAY!

Dude it's the weekend globally, only the hours differentiate! Tongue

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Zubilica

Activity: 837

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:00:42 PM

From 90 days,  warranty was not decrease to 60 days , was increased to 60 days. What so hard to understand ?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:08:43 PM

From 90 days,  warranty was not decrease to 60 days , was increased to 60 days. What so hard to understand ?

Well that clears it up nicely...
Mattster28

Activity: 169

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:29:39 PM

Coniterra has logged in the last few days but has yet to comment on this. Hmmmmm
testerx (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:59:15 AM

Coniterra has logged in the last few days but has yet to comment on this. Hmmmmm
Hmmm....
BtcBling

Activity: 211

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:11:36 AM

http://cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/

"Excusable Delay. CoinTerra shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any cause beyond its control or the control of its suppliers or subcontractors such as, for example, strikes, acts of God(or lack there of), acts of extra terrestrials, acts of Buyer, interruption of transportation or inability to obtain the necessary labor, materials or facilities. Delivery schedules shall be considered extended by a period of time equal to the time lost because of any excusable delay. In the event CoinTerra is unable wholly or partially to perform because of any such cause it may cancel its acceptance of Buyer’s order without liability to Buyer."

Is that "acts of extra terrestrials" standard term used on sales terms / warranty clauses?!
Do I understand it correctly = UFO ?!

sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:31:10 AM

I means, in America, people don't work on weekend or after 5pm...

I'm sure lots of people do work durting those hours but i was being an smart A$$

mvidetto

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:50:19 AM

Real question is are they going to ship on-time or not...
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 03:22:00 AM

Real question is are they going to ship on-time or not...

It's a sad day when the warranty becomes shorter than the shipping delay.

Oh wait, BFL already did that with their 1 year warranty!

cointerra

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 04:20:11 AM

Apologies for any confusion regarding the warranty.

To be clear: CoinTerra's warranty on the TerraMiner is 90 days, subject to the terms and conditions presented on the web site during the checkout process.

We are in the process of reviewing and updating all materials on our web site to ensure that they are correct, as well as modifying our internal approval processes for all published materials moving forward.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: support@cointerra.com

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:40:07 AM

See, no reasons to panic without the confirmation or official notice from the vendor.  Actually I was shocked they posted on Sunday Night!  Good Job! 

Maybe someone was destructed by the office lady's you know what   Grin Grin Grin

DPoS

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:36:13 AM

"as well as modifying our internal approval processes for all published materials moving forward."

more corp speak for those that feed on it...

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
BtcBling

Activity: 211

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:20:32 AM

Apologies for any confusion regarding the warranty.

To be clear: CoinTerra's warranty on the TerraMiner is 90 days, subject to the terms and conditions presented on the web site during the checkout process.

We are in the process of reviewing and updating all materials on our web site to ensure that they are correct, as well as modifying our internal approval processes for all published materials moving forward.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: support@cointerra.com

Great that warranty is 90 days.... but it would be good to change it also on sales terms for which customers needs to agree when checking out - just a bit more confortable!

"Warranties. CoinTerra warrants that its Product(s) will, at the time of shipment and for a period of thirty (30) days thereafter, be free from defects in material and workmanship, be free of all liens and encumbrances, and will conform to CoinTerra’s approved specifications."

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 04:59:19 PM

I'm not sure Cointerra is a mining equipment manufacturer anymore...  No ad hominem in a clarification after being roughly accused, and they are sticking to their word?? Smiley

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 06:13:47 PM

I'm not sure Cointerra is a mining equipment manufacturer anymore...  No ad hominem in a clarification after being roughly accused, and they are sticking to their word?? Smiley

Cointerra is a marketing company.  Fulfilling their blue-sky promises of magical hardware is a poorly executed afterthought.

I'll be shocked (and impressed) if they can get their chips to actually run at ~1GHz for over 90 days without melting.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 06:30:52 PM

"as well as modifying our internal approval processes for all published materials moving forward."

more corp speak for those that feed on it...

Nice one Cointerra; I love KorporateSpeek!

Consider it stolen.

Good thing Cointerra's core competence (KorporateSpeek) is still going strong, since the whole "building ASICs" thing isn't working out for them.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MadHasher

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:35:11 PM

Never give out money to a company which uses "Easy Money" as their miner's ads catchphrase.
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:04:08 PM

Cointerra is a marketing company.  Fulfilling their blue-sky promises of magical hardware is a poorly executed afterthought.

I'll be shocked (and impressed) if they can get their chips to actually run at ~1GHz for over 90 days without melting.

Clueless trolling, as usual.

You seem to think its somehow a stretch that Cointerra's asics will run at 1 Ghz.

Clearly its passed you by that most of the newer generation 28nm asics run at 1 Ghz... and that 1 Ghz is probably the new baseline clock freq for 28nm and beyond... and any 28nm asics that can't run at 1 Ghz probably won't be competitive as you can only really dial in two things...  How many hash engines you have, and how fast you can clock it... and the consensus seems to be that 1 Ghz is the right clock frequency ballpark to run for hashing.  If you run any slower you have to have more hash engines to compete, which probably puts up the cost.

Bitmine's CoinCraft clocks at 1 Ghz.   https://bitmine.ch/?p=2049

Blackarrow's Minion clocks at >1 Ghz.   http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion.html

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 12:41:50 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 02:12:21 AM by iCEBREAKER

You seem to think its somehow a stretch that Cointerra's asics will run at 1 Ghz.

Clearly its passed you by that most of the newer generation 28nm asics run at 1 Ghz... and that 1 Ghz is probably the new baseline clock freq for 28nm and beyond... and any 28nm asics that can't run at 1 Ghz probably won't be competitive as you can only really dial in two things...  How many hash engines you have, and how fast you can clock it... and the consensus seems to be that 1 Ghz is the right clock frequency ballpark to run for hashing.  If you run any slower you have to have more hash engines to compete, which probably puts up the cost.

Blackarrow's Minion clocks at >1 Ghz.   http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion.html

I don't really think "clueless" is the right word to describe someone who has been here almost two years long than you, Sir Jez.

You don't need to tell me about Bitmine/Blackarrow's chips either; I already know all about them.  Hint: neither of them are actually hashing yet.

Cointerra's chip is far larger than those two, hence my suspicion it may not meet its ambitious spec'd clock speed of 1GHz+.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
aerobatic

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:02:36 AM

I don't really think "clueless" is the right word to describe someone who has been here almost two years long than you, Sir Jez.

You don't need to telly me about Bitmine/Blackarrow's chips either; I already know all about them.  Hint: neither of them are actually hashing yet.

Cointerra's chip is far larger than those two, hence my suspicion it may not meet its ambitious spec'd clock speed of 1GHz+.

IceTroll

i think you've proven you can be clueless no matter how long you've been here, icebreaker, old chum.  in fact, it must suck to have been here two years longer than me, and yet be so dumb!

cointerra's chip is pretty similar to some of the other architectures you may already be familiar with... knc and hashfasts and probably some of the others, just a multi-die module on a substrate.  I'm sure you're familiar with the idea, old chum.  except knc executed well and hashfast , well er, not as well.  it'll be interesting to see which way cointerra goes, whether they have designed their substrates properly like knc, or not.

since they've taped out, you've no need to worry your trolly little self whether it performs as advertised.  these guys are professionals..!

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:29:32 AM

I wonder if they are as professional as you, calling names to other forum users. Great PR.
Btw, the fact remains: the terms were changed, that's a big no-no.
DPoS

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:58:31 AM

since they've taped out, you've no need to worry your trolly little self whether it performs as advertised.  these guys are professionals..!

there are a few angel investors of cointerra that are already happy to grab their take of the pre-order pie....  whether they also end up mining with anything, well that would be icing on the cake

they already won since refunds ain't happening so they can sit back in these threads and push patience forever

maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:04:38 AM

Relax guys. Cointerra so far hasn't shown any signs of being unable to ship. I called them and left a voicemail, and a guy named John over there called me back and spent a good 30 minutes on the phone with me answering every question I had asked. Unfortunately since the december/january batches are sold out, I'm no longer interested in buying a cointerra miner. But yeah, just relax, 30 days is plenty of time to make your money back on your investment if you're one of the lucky few who ordered first. So after that.. you can always buy warranty repair and continue to reap the rewards. Otherwise, you can always sell your cointerra 2th/s miner to me! =D
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:40:00 PM

Icebreaker posting here means only one thing
Cointerra is on track HF is having problems.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:07:17 PM

How big are their batches?
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:16:58 PM

I would like to know that also.

Would help predict future network difficulty.
aerobatic

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:24:04 PM

I would like to know that also.

Would help predict future network difficulty.

we'd all like to know that.  Death & Taxes has done some attempted estimates in another thread somewhere.   These are inaccurate due to delays, but the numbers seem sensible.

Since BitFury and KnC are currently shipping, they're currently the main bulk providers of hashing power.  And BFL of course.   And then along will come Hashfast, and soon after CoinTerra, BitMine, BlackArrow, etc...  we only know what each company announced, NOT what they've ordered...
cxz

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:05:17 PM

Where is my refund cointerra? Been waiting since February with no update. You just ignore all my emails and voicemails. Scam terra more like. Refund your customers. 
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:11:50 AM

Also waiting - SIX WEEKS NOW with no refund and almost NO response to emails!!!!
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:27:28 AM

Just thought i'd add here, KnC coughed up my refund on the 27th.

i know its kinda off topic but there it is.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:01:54 AM

Offtopic: iCEBREAKER     Last Active:    May 16, 2014, 01:26:30 AM

Is he Eduardo or not?

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: