Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:35:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Cointerra  (Read 11589 times)
testerx (OP)

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:02:27 AM

What's going on with your warranty?  In the original terms and conditions we both agreed upon when I sent you tens of thousands of dollars it clearly stated that there was a 90 day warranty, but now it's suddenly 30 days.  Not only that you're sending out e-mails offering to "double" the warranty to 60 days if we pay $3500 per unit for hosting.

CoinTerra’s partnership with TerraMine Hosting has enabled us to make a limited-time offer to apply the pre-paid shipping fees for your TerraMiner hardware against the cost of a 6 or 12  month hosting plan. This offer expires at midnight on November 22nd 2013.

Some of the benefits of hosting your TerraMiner with TerraMine Hosting include:

Tier-3 compliant data center with 99.98% uptime guarantee.

The warranty period on your TerraMiner is doubled from 30 to 60 days.

You've been CLEARLY stating that it's a 90 day warranty even on your own forums: http://forum.cointerra.com/threads/do-you-offer-a-warranty.21/ So why the hell am I suddenly being e-mailed an offer to pay you another $7000 to "double" my warranty to 60 days with hosting?  There have been no e-mails whatsoever to existing customers that there's been a change in the length of warranty, but now you're e-mailing asking us to pay more money to get a 60 day warranty.  WTF?!?  

And why is there even a change in the warranty length?!?  Was there some hardware issue that's causing less reliability than originally anticipated?  You guys are being completely opaque and secretive about these changes and this is not how this is supposed to work.  You guys are acting shadier than BFL with warranties here and not telling anybody about it.  Your own forums still say it's 90 days so what the hell is going on?
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:09:04 AM

Isn't it obvious?  They ran out of money and aren't able to finish development... hence the blatant cash grab.
Paladin69

Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:14:45 AM

Bankruptcy filing incoming.
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:27:20 AM

http://forum.cointerra.com/threads/do-you-offer-a-warranty.21/#post-41
they say 90 in the forum, but terms are 30 days in http://cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/
SemiMolten

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:05:50 AM

Never trust those asic mining manufacturers  Smiley

AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:07:39 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 06:19:18 AM by AdamKD

Terms were changed (Note:  Someone should do a side-by-side comparison on what's changed since 8/30/2013):

https://web.archive.org/web/20130830060359/http://cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/
That's the 8/30/2013 archive.org copy of the website which recites:

"Warranties. CoinTerra warrants that its Product(s) will, at the time of shipment and for a period of ninety days thereafter, be free from defects in material and workmanship, be free of all liens and encumbrances, and will conform to CoinTerra’s approved specifications."

Current agreement on: http://cointerra.com/consumer-sales-agreement/

"Warranties. CoinTerra warrants that its Product(s) will, at the time of shipment and for a period of thirty (30) days thereafter, be free from defects in material and workmanship, be free of all liens and encumbrances, and will conform to CoinTerra’s approved specifications."

TL;DR:  CoinTerra pulling a fast one.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:11:46 AM

butterfly labs 2.0. If they can survive and deliver a product.

Avalanche is a must own
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:26:47 AM

butterfly labs 2.0. If they can survive and deliver a product.

*butterfly labs 2.0. If they can survive and not deliver a product.

ericdc30

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:28:18 AM

Doesn't look good for Cointerra to pull a scam like that. If I had money invested in a rig I would take it out now!

Please people don't do mining preorders buy Bitcoins already! Start doing your math before getting into this preorder bs. When the time is right you can make money with hardware but now is not the time. Mining hardware progression will stabilize at 28nm you have plenty of time to buy into the next gen.

You don't have to do preorders to get a good return. Many of you will end up regretting this and perhaps some will actually get lucky and get your gear on time.

Anyway the bottom line is that it's a gamble and buying Bitcoins is a better gamble period.
ericdc30

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:39:12 AM

I would bet that BFL ships before Cointerra.

Mainly because BFL is dead as a company if they fail at delivering the Monarch roughly on schedule.
xstr8guy

Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:53:28 AM

Doesn't look good for Cointerra to pull a scam like that. If I had money invested in a rig I would take it out now!

Please people don't do mining preorders buy Bitcoins already! Start doing your math before getting into this preorder bs. When the time is right you can make money with hardware but now is not the time. Mining hardware progression will stabilize at 28nm you have plenty of time to buy into the next gen.

You don't have to do preorders to get a good return. Many of you will end up regretting this and perhaps some will actually get lucky and get your gear on time.

Anyway the bottom line is that it's a gamble and buying Bitcoins is a better gamble period.

Right!  Buy Bitcoins at the height of the bubble.  Good advice.   Roll Eyes
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:59:58 AM

Right!  Buy Bitcoins at the height of the bubble.  Good advice.   Roll Eyes

Said everyone when it was at $5$ $10$ $15 $20 $30 $50 $70 $100 $130 $150 $180 $200 ......... $300 $330 $350 $390 $400 $420 $440

Roll Eyes
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:19:26 AM

Tier-3 compliant data center with 99.98% uptime guarantee.

more brochure bullshit to appeal to the greedy middle manager types...  their target market all along

THEY WILL NEVER SHIP A MINER!!!!

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:26:37 AM

Mainly because BFL is dead as a company if they fail at delivering the Monarch roughly on schedule.

BFL timeline for Monarch is April at least 19 weeks if you add up all the things they have to do. They are roughly behind schedule as they said they would ship this year. They said tapeout would be August. They are already 3 months behind... can we now put BFL in the FAILED to deliver the Monarch on time category?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:28:21 AM

Right!  Buy Bitcoins at the height of the bubble.  Good advice.   Roll Eyes

Said everyone when it was at $5$ $10$ $15 $20 $30 $50 $70 $100 $130 $150 $180 $200 ......... $300 $330 $350 $390 $400 $420 $440

Roll Eyes

Highlighted the prices I bought BTC at. Has worked for me so far. Bought at the last "bubble".

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ericdc30

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:30:42 AM

Right!  Buy Bitcoins at the height of the bubble.  Good advice.   Roll Eyes

It's not a bubble if that's what it costs to mine. But yes I agree the timing could be better.
ericdc30

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:34:39 AM

BFL timeline for Monarch is April at least 19 weeks if you add up all the things they have to do. They are roughly behind schedule as they said they would ship this year. They said tapeout would be August. They are already 3 months behind... can we now put BFL in the FAILED to deliver the Monarch on time category?

If what you say is true then I would say yes.
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:39:07 AM

Go look here... and add up the weeks... and look at their original posts on when things were SUPPOSED to ship.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

All well documented in their forums. I don't need to be the source of the whether it is "true" it is posted on their forums.

ericdc30

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:18:15 PM

Go look here... and add up the weeks... and look at their original posts on when things were SUPPOSED to ship.

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

All well documented in their forums. I don't need to be the source of the whether it is "true" it is posted on their forums.

I believe you. I won't look into it further since I have no plans on investing in BFL gear.
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:51:18 PM

Hum... contract, 

Its a tricky one even the poster here listed as 90 days but the actual contract drawn by someone else at the company issued the 30 days warranty at the time of purchase.

could be a miscommunication within the company! 

I thought they were to ship next month in December.

Its hard to speculate online.  If time allows, I might go visit them in person and see whats going on!  That way, its real face to face and hope to see a demo/prototype unit at their office.  That should be a nice relaxing news for the preordered guys!

Hopefully cointerra guy will respond here and provide explanation of what happened soon!

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: