Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find a good altcoin?  (Read 1147 times)
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:26:13 PM

Were did you get that percentage about 90% of altcoin are scam for us we know. Well, due to some ICO flooding in a blockchain some of altcoins are scam by knowing good altcoin first you have to search there website , whitepaper to gather some infos that signify the creadibilty of project as well.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:30:13 PM

Just to ad my grain of salt.

Not saying you should do it, on the contrary i believe that such projects should be avoided and certainly not supported by the community as it harms it all at once.

That said.

A scammy altcoin doesnt mean you can't get some profit out of it.

Bitconnet was a huge ponzi scam, everybody knew it.

But still tons of people made a LOT of money with it.

If you're in it at the bad time ... well you just got ripped.

Not arguing for thoses moves, but it happens to  Wink/

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
mohitgiri1

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:38:33 PM

To find a decent asset or coin must look at the past of the project
If it is new project , take a look on team , must be strong with good background and passionate about the project , are they clear what they are doing or building ? , what are their strength , and then think are they reliable with that kind of project , Do a good research you will get the results , and take a look on Apex (cpx) , you will thank me later Wink
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:45:47 PM

I think from the manager's first opinion whether it has a red trust or not and then seen from the results that will be obtained I think if that will be in large can be a scam.
Milansilver7

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:56:24 PM

-The project must have a clear purpose
-to have a sustainable project
-a strong and experienced team with a good name
-a real whitepaper-View and understand their roadmap
reyblack

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:20:20 PM

The best and easiest way to find good altcoin is to look at the chart of top altcoins. In top altcoins chart we can see those altcoins who are best in stability because of their technology that has good functions and purposes in the community. Those top altcoins are proven and tested that they can stay and rise at the market. I prefer at ethereum, litecoin, neo, dash, ripple and monero for me they are the best to invest with.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:23:05 PM

several checks have been carried out on how to determine real altcoins which is offcourse the coin on ico. they should be on the token market and also they should be on ico rating websites as they have a way of checking before publishing them.

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:25:52 PM

Just to ad my grain of salt.

Not saying you should do it, on the contrary i believe that such projects should be avoided and certainly not supported by the community as it harms it all at once.

That said.

A scammy altcoin doesnt mean you can't get some profit out of it.

Bitconnet was a huge ponzi scam, everybody knew it.

But still tons of people made a LOT of money with it.

If you're in it at the bad time ... well you just got ripped.

Not arguing for thoses moves, but it happens to  Wink/
You are absolutely right! There are really some non-potential coins but if you did able to get in on earlier time and then suddenly rise up then it would really benefit you as an investor.Finding a good altcoin is somehow hard as an investor we do have that common goal but doesn't mean we should not look out into some coins which will really make some profits,even though it is not good for long term but though considerable for shorter terms.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:34:40 PM

More than 90 % altcoin are scam. So be very careful. Do you know how to find a good altcoin?
Ohh, such huge percentage really give doubts to the people to  invest in crypto but I don't think that it is correct. I may think that all coins listed in different exchanger isn't scam, and considering their numbers it could be possible that it is more than 10% legit as you have said.
Maybe we can say that 90% ICOs are scam not altcoins.
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:46:57 PM

We do have a lot of criterias on choosing the a good project or good ICO/Altcoins but for me I choose a altcoin with this criteria below:
1. The use of the coin.
2. The projects whitepaper (If it's possible or it's just a dream)
3. The legitimacy of every team so if the project ended up being a scam you should know the name of the members (But make sure that it's really them)
4. The roadmap, If they achieve it on time
5. An update for their meetings from time to time (Providing pictures, videos, etc.)
6. Do your own research, find some reviews online etc.

Well this is just what I'm looking for whenever I invest into altcoins/ICO's. This is not guaranteed though because sometimes even they meet my standards they ended up being a scam.

Conclusion: Investing to projects is risky even we set a high requirements/criteria it may ended up being a scam because the scammers are also evolving, how they will get participants, detailed whitepaper, roadmap, etc. so invest only what you can afford to lose.
Shirin16

Activity: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:52:26 PM

More than 90 % altcoin are scam. So be very careful. Do you know how to find a good altcoin?
In my opinion, the team of a project is very important in the success of an altcoin project. because although there is a good idea, without a team running the roadmap, for me it will be useless. so find a team that really can work well able to build everything like technology, marketing and others.

metalglowd

Activity: 546

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:53:01 PM

what is the really meaning of the "Altcoin" here ?
is that the coin that already listed on a big exchanges or its that still in the PreICO/ICO/Sale Stage ?

you just can't judge to the altcoin that almost of them are scam, we can see from whole population of the world, how many percentage that interested on cryptocurrency like this ? and compare it with all of the altcoin (at least on a trusted exchanges).
one people just can't focus on all of those altcoin.

the way i find a good alts are by seeing them directly on Coinmarketcap or just asking to my local group, sometimes they share experience if they ever enter to those alts, just seeing the whitepaper, projects, website, for me its still not enough.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:56:38 PM

It's funny how you came up with the 90% of altcoins are scams.  If you really think it's that high of a percentage to be scammed, why even invest in altcoins.  You've already made up your mind.  Why take the risk if there's only a 10% chance you'll end up with a good project. 
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:58:02 PM

to know if it is good you must know what project this currency is based on and what is their work team, look for them in social networks and know how receptive they are with their followers, the second step is to study the currency, performing a fundamental and technical analysis to Know your trend.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:58:45 PM

By looking at the coinmarketcap you will see the good and altcoins there. Specially on those top of the list those altcoins are considered to have a good background about of their projects. All you have to do is to do some research to each and everyone so will be sure on your investment. I wonder where are those scammed altcoins goes since i can't see them on the list.

Monta3002

Activity: 344
Merit: 257

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:59:09 PM

You can find good altcoins by just reading and understanding the goals of the company itself and there are ico rating websites

angelica laura

Activity: 229
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:03:53 AM

Read its website and its platform. We also see from other people's comments. Is his comments bad or good for that. We also have to judge it from the opinions of others as well. Do not be lulled by altcoin promising expensive prices. We need to be careful for that.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
hyunee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:04:41 AM

There are few things to consider to say that some coin are worth investing and to know if they are now scam and consider them a good altcoin. First you have to take a look and read all of them or just read those coins you wished to invest. They are the good ones to read and to consider that the purpose and objectives of the coins. You should know by then that it is legit or not.
danjonbit

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

DanJoN

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:05:17 AM

Yup many new emerging coins are shit coins.A good coin can be identified as
1. Having specific idea
2. Well defined white paper
3. Well experienced development team.
4. Well defined website having all the related information
5. High adoptibility by the community.
If you find the above mentioned qualities in an Altcoin then you should invest in it.

I did experience investing an ICO with all that criteria but it turns out to be a scam ICO,  well some of its team member are now in jail.
but thats not all that can identify a prosperous ICO. you might want to look what their product can give to the market,,,,  but still its up to the team on how they play on their game. just sayin.

THE GREAT DANJON HIMSELF !
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:07:48 AM

Yup many new emerging coins are shit coins.A good coin can be identified as
1. Having specific idea
2. Well defined white paper
3. Well experienced development team.
4. Well defined website having all the related information
5. High adoptibility by the community.
If you find the above mentioned qualities in an Altcoin then you should invest in it.

I did experience investing an ICO with all that criteria but it turns out to be a scam ICO,  well some of its team member are now in jail.
but thats not all that can identify a prosperous ICO. you might want to look what their product can give to the market,,,,  but still its up to the team on how they play on their game. just sayin.

So did you invest in CENTRA? Because their owners and the team members got caught and they are in jail right now.

But for me,  i never had any issues at all investing in ICOS.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: