Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 04:34:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do i have good coins or need to get others? it makes me feel insecure  (Read 369 times)
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 04:19:16 PM

Hi All,

I have the following coins but i'm always insecure thinking that i have the wrong coins or need to expand my portfolio further because my coin choice is poor . I am long term Holder, so let me know what you think of my portfolio:

Big bags

XVG
ETN
COLX
DV7
DIME

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO

Small bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
WAVES

(small bags is what i could afford)

and over 40 free coins from airdrops.

Thanks

Ohhhh goodness, are you ready from some criticism that might sting? It's all in good faith.

Your portfolio is actually pretty terrible.  There are two main problems: you have some very poor coin choices and the proportions are way off.

So for Problem #1: go through your coins and get rid of any coin that doesn't have an actual product or working platform.  Here's why: The crypto market has matured a LOT last year and investors (particularly big institutional investors) are demanding companies to actually show something.  You will see that the coins that perform well this year and on are the ones that actually have a use case and working business model.

Another thing: Take a serious look at your coins and look at their competition, for example XVG  is hilariously bad when compared to Monero.

For Problem #2: You eventually want to cash out right? What that means is that you need to have one coin that is the foundation of your portfolio.  The only two real choices at this time is btc or eth.  Choose which one you will cash out in and reearrange your portfolio to be 40 to 60% of that coin.  Going forward, any future altcoin purchases or trades will be in that coin.  Remember, the value of coins you see is only the value of btc (sometimes eth).

Another thing: I'm not sure how much you have put in total, but it seems that you have way too many coins.  Unless you actively day trade, you will find better profit margins by focusing on around 5 coins.  For long term holders, you want to pick the coins with highest long term sustainable profit.

Overall Solution: After evaluating your portfolio and deciding what to move, sell, or keep, just wait until the next bull run, should happen soon or at the latest next month.  Make some strategic trades into btc or eth (whichever is your foundation coin) for profit.  Then use that to buy new coins or more of a coin you have, than hold.  When the end of the year bull rush comes, sell EVERYTHING!  Then next year Feb 2019, when the market crashes, take that money you earned and buy the exact same coins and you will see the value of your portfolio go to huge heights.

That's how you long term hodl yo.

Slugmonkey

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:22:20 PM

Hi All,

I have the following coins but i'm always insecure thinking that i have the wrong coins or need to expand my portfolio further because my coin choice is poor . I am long term Holder, so let me know what you think of my portfolio:

Big bags

XVG
ETN
COLX
DV7
DIME

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO

Small bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
WAVES

Thanks
Whatever you have right now is perfect and given the current state of market I am sure your coins are increasing in the value. The IOT token specifically has been increasing tremendously and I am sure you made good money from that particular coin. Apart from that ETH and BTC too have shown some outstanding growth.
rafter_01 (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 04:28:15 PM

Hi All,

Big bags

XVG
ETN
COLX
DV7
DIME

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO

Small bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
WAVES

Thanks

Ohhhh goodness, are you ready from some criticism that might sting? It's all in good faith.

Your portfolio is actually pretty terrible.  There are two main problems: you have some very poor coin choices and the proportions are way off.

So for Problem #1: go through your coins and get rid of any coin that doesn't have an actual product or working platform.  Here's why: The crypto market has matured a LOT last year and investors (particularly big institutional investors) are demanding companies to actually show something.  You will see that the coins that perform well this year and on are the ones that actually have a use case and working business model.

Another thing: Take a serious look at your coins and look at their competition, for example XVG  is hilariously bad when compared to Monero.

For Problem #2: You eventually want to cash out right? What that means is that you need to have one coin that is the foundation of your portfolio.  The only two real choices at this time is btc or eth.  Choose which one you will cash out in and reearrange your portfolio to be 40 to 60% of that coin.  Going forward, any future altcoin purchases or trades will be in that coin.  Remember, the value of coins you see is only the value of btc (sometimes eth).

Another thing: I'm not sure how much you have put in total, but it seems that you have way too many coins.  Unless you actively day trade, you will find better profit margins by focusing on around 5 coins.  For long term holders, you want to pick the coins with highest long term sustainable profit.

Overall Solution: After evaluating your portfolio and deciding what to move, sell, or keep, just wait until the next bull run, should happen soon or at the latest next month.  Make some strategic trades into btc or eth (whichever is your foundation coin) for profit.  Then use that to buy new coins or more of a coin you have, than hold.  When the end of the year bull rush comes, sell EVERYTHING!  Then next year Feb 2019, when the market crashes, take that money you earned and buy the exact same coins and you will see the value of your portfolio go to huge heights.

That's how you long term hodl yo.

thanks buddy.

"Overall Solution: After evaluating your portfolio and deciding what to move, sell, or keep, just wait until the next bull run, should happen soon or at the latest next month.  Make some strategic trades into btc or eth (whichever is your foundation coin) for profit.  Then use that to buy new coins or more of a coin you have, than hold.  When the end of the year bull rush comes, sell EVERYTHING!  Then next year Feb 2019, when the market crashes, take that money you earned and buy the exact same coins and you will see the value of your portfolio go to huge heights."

I will try and replicate this. I am going to be getting rid of XVG this weekend and putting the money into NEO or atleast ETH.

If you had my portfolio what would you do?

mitsarasss

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:32:59 PM

Hi All,

Big bags

XVG
ETN
COLX
DV7
DIME

Medium bags

UTK
SIACOIN
REBL
XTRABYTES
AERIUM
XRP
IOT
XEM
XCPO

Small bags

BTC
ETH
NEO
WAVES

Thanks

Better try to move ETH and BTC into your big bag. They had more potential than your coins.
lafter

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:09:32 PM

You split the portfolio as well, but it looks like you invested too much shitcoin eg COLX, DV7, DIME, AERIUM, XCPO, I really never knew them. Shitcoins can be highly profitable when pumped but are too risky because of too low liquidity. I advise you not to keep these long-term coins. I give some altcoins suggestion under $ 1 you should refer to eg ADA, XLM, NEM, ZRX, ENJ. The coin should hold like NANO, EOS, Qtum, OMG, ICX and LSK. And top coin like ETH, NEO, LTC, XMR ...

thank you.

Why is ADA rated so much? high max supply would take forever to get to a decent price. Unless i'm completely wrong and you can enlighten me?

You can see in early January 2018 the market cap in addition to $ 800 billion, Xrp $ 3.6 with the supply of nearly 40 billion tokens, and ADA also reached ATH $ 1.2 with 25 billion tokens. Therefore, with good coin supply is not the decisive factor to evaluate.
ADA as the first blockchain with peer reviewed tech and it an ambitious platform. ADA's blockchain 3.0 technology has a strong team and strong community. With the market recovering, the ADA will have more updates on the roadmap coming, I think its value will increase significantly.
You can also read more information here https://hackernoon.com/cardano-ethereum-and-neo-killer-or-overhyped-and-overpriced-8fcd5f8abcdf
biticotalk

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:40:52 PM

This is so funny. What is the meaning of so many coins? Half of them just do not have a name. It is necessary to take only that coin which has got stronger and the price has fixed in the market. I would invest only in BTC ETH ETN
ivan1225

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:44:20 PM

I would distribute the bank between BTC and ETH
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:00:33 PM

I believe that if you have a steady income, then it is better for you to buy new coins and expand their list. Because cryptocurrencies with the growth of bitcoin prices will also start to grow but faster than bitcoin and you, having bought them today, can get a good profit in a few months. I also bought DIME, XVG, ETN, I believe that they will rise in price in the future.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:16:26 PM

You have good sets of coins,though the only issue for me is the Small bags in which carrying the top coins but you only has small amounts,i think whats better thing to do,when every coins that you have to be sell,then the proceeds will be for buying another top coins,so what happens all your holding materials are those coins that designed for long term
marmeladko

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:55:28 PM

Increase amount of BTC, ETH and other coins from top-10 according to market cap. If market will go down, you can lose a lot with unknown coins. Better to create more stable financial portfolio.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: