Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:26:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is airdrop a good idea before ICO?  (Read 817 times)
makuhpal

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:26:45 PM

Not a good idea because these airdrop abusers are going to have more profits to those ICO investors are and hunters which would be the bigger factor on how will the ICO is going to achieve success.ICOs should be always in the mid or in the end of these ICOs because hunters and investors are the ones who make it happen,and these airdrop participants doesnt have any efforts.

Wallytred

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:30:19 PM

IMHO, good airdrop can attract many investors, cause every participant will invite as much people as possible. And it's very cheap advertisement btw.
rlcarriers123

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:33:02 PM

yes, it is. If you want to earn lots of investors. You first need to start with airdrops then ICO. The airdrops rule you should implement is referral or buying the token to join the airdrops.
goncalvopietro

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:37:08 PM

I think the Airdrop campaigns are effective. I participate as much as I can. Everybody has to join the airdrops because it means easy money.

crypto_world

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:40:38 PM

It's depend of quantity or daily airdrops if it to much it make u nervously, but if not u can see good project which will you intrested of.

Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:40:46 PM

Personally, airdrop is  not a good way. As a matter of fact, airdrop is the last thing i consider when it comes to cryptocurrency and i do not really see it attracting more investors. The only way i feel it is like to attract investors is if it has been affirmed to be tested and trusted, but ICO most times is more preferable. It gives room to larger publicity.
Fedor07

Activity: 282

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:49:48 PM

I think airdrop is a good idea before ico becouse the ico will become more popular and trusted . But there are a lot of airdrops which are not paying their members  , and thats not ok at all , that ico will not have  any succes in the future , just a few people will buy coins from that ico  . A lot of members think that airdops are a scam and thats why they think airdrop are  not a good idea before ico.
Danu26

Activity: 273

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:52:04 PM

Not a good idea because these airdrop abusers are going to have more profits to those ICO investors are and hunters which would be the bigger factor on how will the ICO is going to achieve success.ICOs should be always in the mid or in the end of these ICOs because hunters and investors are the ones who make it happen,and these airdrop participants doesnt have any efforts.
indeed they do not do any business but with this they make the investors interested to invest in the project and make the project a success. so I think the participants of the translator also deserve a little result from the project. imagine if none of the participants of the translator may be the investors are not interested in investing in the project and the project becomes a failure.

>        MFCHAIN        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
<MFCHAIN.COM> <WHITEPAPER>                        <TELEGRAM> <YOUTUBE>
SanchoBTC

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:55:41 PM

I view the airdrop as an additional source of income. It seems to me that this source can not bring a very large profit. I do not feel bad if the coins are useless.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:09:47 PM

Hey, guys!
What's your opinion on airdrops? Is it a good way to draw attention of community & possible investors to a project? 
Airdrops is one of the ways on distributing tokens to the public for free with just a simple sign up then you are eligible to recieve those free tokens.Therefore this do really create an awareness towards the ICO or upcoming sale.This is why we do see airdrops everynow and then when theres a sale. Getting investors in all sorts of marketing and next to that is on doing bounty campaigns and so forth.
NatalieVishneva

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

People do not play games, do not drink beer. And they sit and work on Airdrop companies, because they can make good money, the main thing is to work hard!
I can recommend the coolest Airdrop- Luckchemy
You can ear much crypto
zentcoin (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:30:42 PM

no really worthwhile project will not do airdrop, this is my opinion, have you ever seen that makdonald's or facebook was giving out shares for free?

No, of course. But they do free tasting of new products (as for Mcdonald's), for example.
that's a similar scheme
zentcoin (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:37:25 PM

Hey, guys!
What's your opinion on airdrops? Is it a good way to draw attention of community & possible investors to a project? 

I think the opposite. A good ICO usually has enough hype without any airdrops or bounties. And I don't think that airdrop can attract a lot of investors. Those who participate in airdrops, they usually don't have enough money for investing, as they're just looking for free tokens. So if ICO has an airdrop then it's not a good sign for me, and most likely I would skip such ICOs. But there's one exection, is when airdrop is held instead of a crowdsale, than I would definitely join such airdrops.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Yes, that's actually the point. Sometimes airdrops can attract not future contributors, but people simply who want free tokens.
Though I believe with a good project such problem won't happen
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:39:03 PM

Hey, guys!
It is a kind of promotion but airdrops are now getting scams so people think all the project related to airdrop might be scam.I think it will be better to start bounties than airdrops because it can help more attention and the people related to the cryotocurrency.So bounties are more better than airdrops befire starting ICOs.
laza89laza

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:54:25 PM

https://themerkle.com/top-four-upcoming-cryptocurrencies-sans-icos/

Why doing either when there are projects that are looking to develop a product first before they decide on how to disperse their token. More important for me is to build a platform for token to be used first.
Grifosha

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:56:25 PM

Project is scam very much, which use airdrop. More people think about get free money, when they partcipant in it.
Igorgnome

Activity: 252

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:20:02 PM

Airdrop gave a big advertising effect some time ago. This is a good way to attract the attention of ordinary users to the project. If the project is aimed at a wide audience, airdrop is a good advertising tool, but for niche projects it is a waste of tokens.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:35:25 PM

Hey, guys!

I would say that advertisement and publicity is a must for a project, since it has to be introduced to public and it has to gain demand for the people. On the other hand, I would say that advertisement through airdrops just really makes a project tend to fail. since most of people who got access for airdrop are dumpers I would recommend to just allot it to other kind of campaigns. Not just airdop but also the bounty campaigns causes the prie to dump.
k-west

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:42:26 PM

As for me it is all about marketing,giving some free tokens for airdrops,more people get involved in this ICO and this is good for projects
longminh123

Activity: 432

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:45:43 PM

Yeah, I think it's a good way to advertise ... and to attract users and investors to the project
Indeed, the Airdrop program is truly a promotional art and costs very little. Participants in the airdrop are required to introduce some of the participants to the project's chat channel and discuss it with the manager.
Some of the giants will be attracted by the project and hence the size of the project will grow stronger.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: