Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:13:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is airdrop a good idea before ICO?  (Read 815 times)
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:54:50 PM

Hey, guys!
What's your opinion on airdrops? Is it a good way to draw attention of community & possible investors to a project? 
I believe that Airdrops is a good tool for promoting the project and increasing its recognizability even before the launch of the ICO. For the participants themselves, it is also a good opportunity to take part in airdrp and earn free coins and become part of the project community, but it is not always possible to get a standing coin, more often it is $ 1-3 and in this case you do not even want to be interested in such a coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:04:56 PM

I think it is a good practice to spread the word about a project the downside is that most of the free airdrop holders dump it as soon as it lists on exchange causing big dump in price.

BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:06:23 PM

Hey, guys!
What's your opinion on airdrops? Is it a good way to draw attention of community & possible investors to a project? 

Airdrops are correct ways of building a community for your ico
When you equip your project  with bounties before ICOs
Then you have the perfect community for a successful ico

And yes it is a very good way to bring people to know learn and read about your project  
tosindesign

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:12:20 PM

Airdrop is way of creating social awareness of a coin before the sales I. ICO stages. People get to know more of the coin and what they are into, how the coin team plans to execute the vision of the coin. Airdrop is not about getting free coin but is a market strategy of attracting multitude of people in social media . the social media is market place you can get people to be involved in what you plan to do. I believe Airdrop is
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:26:26 PM

Carrying out an airdrop before the ICO is one way to draw attention to the project. It seems to play a role in attracting investors. Also very important is the structure of the project itself, its idea, team, etc.

I agree with you. Aidrop before an ICO can draw attention to people about this project. so it can attract investors too..People will be aware that there is a new project on the way. they will become curious and search for your roadmap ang everything that they think it will help them see if the project is really worth investing for.
makuny

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:29:35 PM

Airdrop is part of a marketing strategy and a effective way to build social media prominence specially in telegram.
It's like promoting anythink by having a free taste.
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:40:17 PM

I do not think that now airdrops are generally something good, of course, if you think about it, it is a very good opportunity to distribute your tokens and possibilities to raise funds for the project, because on the airdrops the project should not be ready for some state.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:50:38 PM

Talking about my opinion - I think airdrops are not healthy for projects. At least nowadays projects.
Yes, they help to accumulate the community(sometimes) and it enlarges, but it can't help to find investors as good as free-hunters. And sometimes all airdrops goes to bots because now it is normal to see projects with 90k+ participants and I see ~300 messages in 4 days that I was not offline(for example one group with 30 participants had 3k unread messages, and this is the community).
If these airdrops will distribute on bitcointalk only, it may stimulate the interest of our community. Otherwise -  Undecided

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
andcha

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:11:40 AM

Airdrop >> ANN >> Bounty >> ICO

This is the process I see most of the ICO's adopting these days. Like others are saying that most of the airdrops are scam so people don't waste time, I disagree to that completely. There are 1000's of people joining Cryptocurrency world every hour (some with deep and some with very deep pockets) and the first thing they see is airdrop.

In a way airdrop attracts lot's of potential investors subject to you do it properly and filter out bot entries.

For at least couple of months down the line, airdrop is an excellent idea to kick start your ICO with.

stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:22:57 AM

I think it better to have an airdrop after the ICO period is over. Airdrop is only a program which a bounties issued and they only allocate a percentage from the total number of tokens for rewards to be given on those who signed up in their airdrop forms. So, for me it is better to have an airdrop after their ICO concluded so that they can count how much really is the allocation for airdrop rewards based on their tokensale.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bybox

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:28:11 AM

I do not think this is a good idea because many big investors will think that the project is not very good and that it is desperate to attract new investors. I prefer the bounty campaign rather than the airdrop because most of the airdrop projects that I joined are very bad. I think a good ICO only needs a strong team and a great white paper, so the hype will follow.
eugene30

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

What have you done. meh meh

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:35:22 AM

I think it depends on the project but it will have a different impact towards different project. Some of them use airdrop to lure some possible investor and other companies use airdrop to promote their project by just asking participants to tweet or share to their facebook accounts.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:38:29 AM

Most times airdrops are for creating awareness for a given project just before their ICO commences. But the negative effect of airdrop on the project is huge. Many airdrop participants are always on the lookout for dumping their holdings once it gets to exchange and this act alone can cripple the price of such projects. I would say instead of airdropping tokens why not add it up to bounty stakes. Everyone should work their way out.
raudisomiya

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:42:04 AM

I have never taken part being some air drop because this is not so stable way to earn money sometimes you get $500 but usually you get like about 10 or $20.
PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:42:25 AM

Hey, guys!
Airdrops is a very effective way to promote a ico project as they can gather much attention on their target area with less cost. I had been doing such airdrops and it just eat up my time with no assurance that you can get free token.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:46:34 AM

Hey, guys!
I don't think airdrop is a good idea to draw attention of investors to invest on the project, it's only attract airdrop hunter to join and obviously many alt accounts will join for sure. The benefits in airdrop is the telegram group project can easily pumped to 10k members+. Airdrop is not a good way to promote a project imo.
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 11:47:13 AM

hmmm .. airdrop before ico i think a very good strategy if a project is held airdrop before ico it means expanding community and that is the best way to introduce coin to society.

jennerpower

Activity: 255
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:47:53 AM

Actually, it's a yes. Since not all can afford ICO Token Sale. It provides opportunity to all but it has also pros and cons in the future. It can also help that got scammed to regain their losses. Airdrop is a big help in the world of cyprtocurrency because it is absolutely free and for the people to take part in the said ICO.

Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:03:17 PM

It's a good idea as it creates more awareness for the project and attracts more members to the projects community. But these airdrop participants break the project at the end as everyone is always waiting for an exchange listing to dump their tokens.
ulia93

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:58:26 PM

Hey, guys!
It all depends on how the Airdrop is organized and conducted. Many projects carried out by Airdrops with a large sum of distribution of coins more often crashed. All this happened because people who received coins sold them cheaply immediately after entering the exchange. Although Airdrop is a good marketing tool that attracts new investors to the project and increases the community, but only if they are wisely used.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: