Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:41:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Pirate Bay, BitTorrent, etc?  (Read 1908 times)
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:57:08 PM

You can use a VPN but those can be slow.  Otherwise you're unlikely to get called out on it; I think our ISPs understand that their business is more important than Hollywood's.

Anyone noticed decline in p2p piracy?

mininova dead, isohunt closed, less people seeding stuff every day, despite improved internet connections over the globe. And the worst part - less and less people are archiving old good stuff. If you need some older movie/game/etc, like from 1990, then your chances are thinning every day.

The market adapted; it's more of a hassle to torrent now than it is to use Netflix (at least for Joe Average.)  If they do something like this for gaming, piracy will really plummet.

man that sucks

Naw; I'll pay $7 a month for unlimited gaming Grin

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:03:30 PM

You can use a VPN but those can be slow.  Otherwise you're unlikely to get called out on it; I think our ISPs understand that their business is more important than Hollywood's.

mininova dead, isohunt closed, less people seeding stuff every day, despite improved internet connections over the globe. And the worst part - less and less people are archiving old good stuff. If you need some older movie/game/etc, like from 1990, then your chances are thinning every day.

The market adapted; it's more of a hassle to torrent now than it is to use Netflix (at least for Joe Average.)  If they do something like this for gaming, piracy will really plummet.

I guess you are right. But netflix is not available in all countries, and does not accept some payment options. And gaming? I thought steam = game netflix (kinda). Or you mean renting/sharing games? That would be crazy.

My original point of view is that culture is changing. We can only depend on people who keep tons of dvd's and blu-rays stacked in their cupboards. I personally tried to throw out as much of data I previously was keeping, and now I'm somewhat sorry.

EDIT: Oh, and GoodOldGames website -another gamenetflix, with awesome prices i guess

EDIT2: netflix is a monthly subscription service? I thought it's an on demand service - pay per certain viewing.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:13:55 PM

You can use a VPN but those can be slow.  Otherwise you're unlikely to get called out on it; I think our ISPs understand that their business is more important than Hollywood's.

The market adapted; it's more of a hassle to torrent now than it is to use Netflix (at least for Joe Average.)  If they do something like this for gaming, piracy will really plummet.

I guess you are right. But netflix is not available in all countries, and does not accept some payment options. And gaming? I thought steam = game netflix (kinda). Or you mean renting/sharing games? That would be crazy.

My original point of view is that culture is changing. We can only depend on people who keep tons of dvd's and blu-rays stacked in their cupboards. I personally tried to throw out as much of data I previously was keeping, and now I'm somewhat sorry.

EDIT: Oh, and GoodOldGames website -another gamenetflix, with awesome prices i guess

EDIT2: netflix is a monthly subscription service? I thought it's an on demand service - pay per certain viewing.

Oh, yes; you pay a flat fee of 7.50 a month (I think...) and you can watch all the movies you want.  Hulu might be a little cheaper, but it works the same way, except it has ads so I don't like it much.  I was going to mention Steam but the more I thought on it, the more I figured it was more of an online store than a monthly rental service; still, there's a plethora of indie games on Steam that are well within the normal budget, so I tend not to pirate those games, especially not while being an indie dev Grin  But the blu-ray/DVD thing is probably another factor that led to Netflix, or perhaps what sparked torrenting movies to start with (aside from insane box office prices), since it became a little bit much to buy a DVD for $15 just to watch it in a blue moon, you know?

But perhaps you bring up another good point; I'm positive there are still services around which you can buy digital copies of movies, but it's a pain to store all those movies, and then there's one-time rental services which are also rip-offs since you get the movie for a week and still had to pay quite a bit, it was still easier to torrent and store the movie, if only temporary.

What's really crazy is, I recall a service recently which allowed you to play popular games remotely, on really high-end PCs, and it transferred your mouse and keyboard movements over the web and sent back an image stream from the remote PC; it was a really neat idea, but if you don't have a fast connection, the delay is just too much to bear.

DrahogErusiel

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:35:26 AM

You can use a VPN but those can be slow.  Otherwise you're unlikely to get called out on it; I think our ISPs understand that their business is more important than Hollywood's.

The market adapted; it's more of a hassle to torrent now than it is to use Netflix (at least for Joe Average.)  If they do something like this for gaming, piracy will really plummet.

ha just had this talk with my mom.

Thread about account being hacked and reclaimed on 7-30-16
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570173.new#new
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:37:16 AM

the government dont care and neither does law enforcement the only people who care are the companies who distribute the content

you mean the riaa, an institution that is looking to protect the interests of a multi billion dollar industry? if money cares, then so does the government.

that is what SOPA is http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/technology/223067-cispa-is-the-new-sopa
Rupture

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:41:05 AM

As long as you don't download obvious viruses you should be fine
rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:52:10 AM

I have been using TPB since the day I started downloading. Had to switch to pirateproxy.net to avoid the national ban Sad

why with national national ban?!

rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:58:55 AM

I have been using TPB since the day I started downloading. Had to switch to pirateproxy.net to avoid the national ban Sad

why with national national ban?!

Some internet providers had to ban www.thepiratebay.org due to a legal case about 2 years ago. They did a small research 2 months ago, and the activity actually increased AFTER the ban Tongue. www.pirateproxy.net uses a proxy to visit TPB, so it can never be banned.

i didnt know that

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: