Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:56:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CGB] Cryptogenic Bullion's MADEsparq Project: Made Alignment Data Exploration  (Read 7485 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:39:13 AM

Man o man, very, very impressive Merc! Even with having prior insight to some of the ideas, I am still mind f'd. Needless to say, I am proud to see this coming to fruition and look forward to this revolutionary experience. So happy for and proud of you my man!

What can I say... I've been expecting something like this, and a lot more from you guys from the very beginning. Congrats to Merc, and your entire team!
mercSuey (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:40:39 AM

WTF ?

Did you have a question?   lol.

The first red flag is that this is a self moderated thread.  Meaning free speech will be frowned upon.

From my experience that's always a red flag for a dubious mind.

But I am curious if this will stop the Bitcoin assault which I doubt will work, but maybe I'm wrong.  Every alt coin out there would pay anything to the first guy who finds a solution to the Bitcoin Effect.

This thread is self-moderated to keep away the trolls, which this forum is full of...

---

I am not sure what this Bitcoin Effect is that you mention.  

The Bitcoin effect which I've been warning about for months is the effect which occurs everytime Bitcoin goes up.  99.9% of all alt coins go down and they go down hard everytim Bitcoin goes on a run.

Even Litecoin gets killed.  

So any new concept or solution for any alt should take this phenomenon into account otherwise once Bitcoin starts going back up CGB, along with all other alts, will go into freefall (again).

CGB has accelerated subsidy halving...PoW rewards are halved every 30 days, until reaching a baseline of 0.01 CGB per block.  This should mitigate exactly what you're speaking of regarding BTC's price.
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:33:46 AM

WTF ?

Did you have a question?   lol.

The first red flag is that this is a self moderated thread.  Meaning free speech will be frowned upon.

From my experience that's always a red flag for a dubious mind.

But I am curious if this will stop the Bitcoin assault which I doubt will work, but maybe I'm wrong.  Every alt coin out there would pay anything to the first guy who finds a solution to the Bitcoin Effect.

This thread is self-moderated to keep away the trolls, which this forum is full of...

---

I am not sure what this Bitcoin Effect is that you mention.  

The Bitcoin effect which I've been warning about for months is the effect which occurs everytime Bitcoin goes up.  99.9% of all alt coins go down and they go down hard everytim Bitcoin goes on a run.

Even Litecoin gets killed.  

So any new concept or solution for any alt should take this phenomenon into account otherwise once Bitcoin starts going back up CGB, along with all other alts, will go into freefall (again).

CGB has accelerated subsidy halving...PoW rewards are halved every 30 days, until reaching a baseline of 0.01 CGB per block.  This should mitigate exactly what you're speaking of regarding BTC's price.

Cool. I'm curious to see how it works.  If it's effective I'd expect every alt coin to steal it from you.

Steal what?  You think when I'm getting invited to universities and conferences to give talks about my project, you really think it's going to matter?  Or maybe someone will steal the website which will be the host and source of the Data Mining?  You're clueless...
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:36:00 AM

Man o man, very, very impressive Merc! Even with having prior insight to some of the ideas, I am still mind f'd. Needless to say, I am proud to see this coming to fruition and look forward to this revolutionary experience. So happy for and proud of you my man!

What can I say... I've been expecting something like this, and a lot more from you guys from the very beginning. Congrats to Merc, and your entire team!

Thanks  Smiley
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:25:00 AM

Wow, a hell of a job you did with the white paper...that will take a while for me to read/understand Smiley
Will let ya know what I think of it tomorrow Smiley
But judging from the other coments I guess its somthing good  Wink
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:36:29 AM

Wow, a hell of a job you did with the white paper...that will take a while for me to read/understand Smiley

Ass kissing begets ass kissing?

Herd mentality never fails.  Especially around here.

By the looks of it, you own a lot of ixcoin.  Maybe you should go hang out and do things to support that community instead of coming in here and blabbering nonsense...
bahamapascal

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:36:57 AM

So can anybody tell me what's so offensive about this post he deleted after he chose to first insult me?

Well your whole post is, well a bit on the trollish side..just my opinion thogh Wink

Ass kissing begets ass kissing?

Herd mentality never fails.  Especially around here.

You should see your self writing....I only sad I would look at it too make up my opinion and you already start insulting me Cheesy
Only thing you are archiving is that you make a fool out of your self Wink
azariah

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:51:09 AM

This paper introduces a new paradigm for utilizing the hash string outputs (ie. the nonce values) from the proof-of-work or proof-of-stake scheme of the virtual commodity, Cryptogenic Bullion (CB).  This new paradigm, named the MADEsparq Project, aims to blur the defining lines between currency, technology, and data by using the CB block chain to mediate the mapping of data to create, and add value, to content and unstructured and semi-structured data.  Over time, as more data is mapped onto the CB block chain from a vast spectrum of subjects and interests, chance occurrences for discovering valuable mathematical, structural, functional, or social relationships from the overlap and intersection of data mappings increase.  Therefore, since the data mappings onto the CB block chain can overlap from separate knowledge-domains, there is the potential for new insights and discoveries from the collaboration of participants in the MADEsparq Project, whose specialties lie in vastly different subject matters, that might not have been possible before.  Thus, the intrinsic value of the virtual commodity (ie. CB's hash chain) mediating the data mappings should increase over time.

White paper download link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7K8VdCHpm-pRDdrWjVLSnk4M1k/edit?usp=sharing

This is a very exciting and fascinating idea!
I registered on bitcointalk solely due to this post Smiley Been a lurker here for awhile and I was already very interested in CB before reading this.

I have one question which I couldn't quite understand from the whitepaper:

What is the, on the technical level, the connection between the MADEsparq mappings and the output hash values? Is the hash output generated as a hash over some MADEsparq users mapping, or do they create a mapping from the original hash after it was generated in a normal tx? Is the hash string outputs a hash  of the combination of the tx/output data and the MADEsparq mappings?
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:28:05 AM

Quite an exciting last 12 hours for the CB community  Grin

Hang on folks, big PR push launching in about 24 hours  Wink
bahamapascal

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:39:44 AM

What kind of a PR push? Newspapers, new adds on googel add....?
Or is it a secret?
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:30:21 PM

Or is it a secret?

I know you have seen a taste of what marketing savvy Merc has shown thus far so let that be a hint…
 Grin
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 03:34:01 PM

Wearing my CGB shirt proudly today! Thanks!!!

fendlestick

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:37:57 PM

While I don't quite understand it atm, it looks really interesting and a very well presented paper.  I would be happy to help in anyway I can and would love to have a madesparq sub domain as soon as I can get one!

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:10:05 PM

This paper introduces a new paradigm for utilizing the hash string outputs (ie. the nonce values) from the proof-of-work or proof-of-stake scheme of the virtual commodity, Cryptogenic Bullion (CB).  This new paradigm, named the MADEsparq Project, aims to blur the defining lines between currency, technology, and data by using the CB block chain to mediate the mapping of data to create, and add value, to content and unstructured and semi-structured data.  Over time, as more data is mapped onto the CB block chain from a vast spectrum of subjects and interests, chance occurrences for discovering valuable mathematical, structural, functional, or social relationships from the overlap and intersection of data mappings increase.  Therefore, since the data mappings onto the CB block chain can overlap from separate knowledge-domains, there is the potential for new insights and discoveries from the collaboration of participants in the MADEsparq Project, whose specialties lie in vastly different subject matters, that might not have been possible before.  Thus, the intrinsic value of the virtual commodity (ie. CB's hash chain) mediating the data mappings should increase over time.

White paper download link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7K8VdCHpm-pRDdrWjVLSnk4M1k/edit?usp=sharing

What is the, on the technical level, the connection between the MADEsparq mappings and the output hash values? Is the hash output generated as a hash over some MADEsparq users mapping, or do they create a mapping from the original hash after it was generated in a normal tx? Is the hash string outputs a hash  of the combination of the tx/output data and the MADEsparq mappings?

First, to be clear.  The hash string is generated with each block of CB's block chain.  It's those hash strings that will be used.

To answer your question.  It depends solely on the ingenuity of the data categorization.  MADEsparq Project will catalog and data mine the mapping and participants will make use of it, however they choose.

I will have an open alpha release of the client software in a couple weeks.  And I'm voluntarily creating subdomains for some of the merchants already accepting CB as a payment option, to kickstart the corpus building.  And perhaps then it will be more clear.

And speaking of kickstart....once this project is in beta, I'm going to resort to crowd funding on Kickstarter to help launch out of beta.  More info on that soon.

Right now I'm in the middle of a PR push and registering at university and conference talks.

Let me know if I answered your question.  You can email me if you want.  Smiley

-Merc
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:11:30 PM

While I don't quite understand it atm, it looks really interesting and a very well presented paper.  I would be happy to help in anyway I can and would love to have a madesparq sub domain as soon as I can get one!

I will create one for you and send the XML files to you, supporting many games that are available on your site, and perhaps then it will be more clear on how to use it.  Smiley
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:47:09 PM

Or is it a secret?

News should be crossing the wires this week...

And I'm registering at university and tech conferences to talk about MADEsparq Project.  For instance, like NIPS:  http://nips.cc/

And yes, of course, marketing on Google and Facebook, etc.

I'll give more details soon.

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:01:03 PM

You should have a TED talk  Grin

Also, how is things going with the Chinese influence on CGB?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
mercSuey (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:05:34 PM

You should have a TED talk  Grin

Also, how is things going with the Chinese influence on CGB?

It's going well.  I'm getting a team together to deal specifically with the Chinese market.  It's quite different than the West.  Believe it or not, digital currencies are more developed over there.

As for MADEsparq, I'm having the white paper translated into Chinese very soon (among other languages).  And I'll be trying to get invited to the University of Hong Kong to give a talk about MADEsparq Project. 

That's just the start...
Dragooon

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:14:12 PM

I kinda feel great having recently invested a couple of BTCs buying CGB, it might pay off really good Cheesy

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))
Whitepaper  ▓  Telegram  ▓  Twitter  ▓  Facebook  ▓  Medium  ▓  Reddit  ▓  Bounty Thread
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:15:29 PM

Sorry for all the questions but, about PoS only, is that still happening or is it gonna be PoS/PoW for the foreseeable future?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender