Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:55:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HalfPriceDigital.com - Bitcoin Auctions  (Read 1079 times)
HalfPriceDigital (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:10:47 PM

http://s9.postimg.org/5i1fp9q33/hpd_600x130_orange.png
With the recent news that Bitmit is closing/being sold, I thought you might want to know about our Bitcoin Auction site - halfpricedigital.com

halfpricedigital.com is unique in that you can buy & sell items for Bitcoin using your Coinbase account or you can buy/sell for fiat via Paypal or Skrill.  We are the only auction site allowing you to buy/sell for Bitcoin or fiat!

Features:
No listing fees to create an auction!
List your item as an auction or for a fixed "Buy Out" price
Prices are set as USD, then converted to BTC when you pay
Set a reserve price for your auction
Pay and get paid using Coinbase.com
Pay and get paid using PayPal or Skrill

Payment via Coinbase on our site works just like using PayPal on Ebay.  You can use Coinbase no matter what country you live in!

Let us know what you think by using our contact form http://www.halfpricedigital.co.uk/content_pages.php?page=contact_us

Follow us on Twitter @HalfPriceDigi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:41:40 PM

Going to sign up in a bit, a friend of mine notified me about it and said that it ran great!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
vv01f

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:26:20 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 03:37:01 PM by vv01f

I do not trust that business

first impression (not yet registered)
- passwords are limited to 18 chars, what the heck are you thinking?!
- ssl cert is one for way too much domains, thats not something about security, this must be dedicated

and usage of some CMS where quality is questionable in means of security

donations to me please send via bitcoin 1vvo1FDwSAwNdLVA1mFkM7v76XPZAAUfb
a good European exchange: bitcoin.de (ref-link)
HalfPriceDigital (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 07:52:42 PM

Security is our top concern on halfpricedigital.com.  We are currently looking into allowing users to register with longer passwords.  As you saw, we do have a GeoTrust 256-bit SSL Certificate.

Our main security benefit is that we DO NOT offer an escrow service.  By not offering escrow, you don't have to worry about your escrow funds getting stolen by someone who hacks our site, since we never hold any of your funds.  We also don't run the risk of being shut down for regulatory reasons.  If you'd like to use a 3rd party escrow service for your auction, of course you still can.

As for the CMS, all the BTC auction sites (other than maybe bitmit) are running auction scripts that they've modified.  We chose an auction script that has been around for a long time to be sure that it was properly battle tested and then modified it to add a Coinbase payment gateway so you can buy/sell with BTC.

It'd be great to get your thoughts on the site after you register and give it a try.  Thanks for your feedback.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:00:14 PM

Kudos on recognizing an opportunity. There's more work to be done. See here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
JTrain_51

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:30:17 PM

Liked the site I think you got to make the sections were you can pick an item a little more clear and try and make it a little brighter and bolder

all in all nice Idea good site!
vv01f

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:00:35 PM

Security is our top concern on halfpricedigital.com.  We are currently looking into allowing users to register with longer passwords.  As you saw, we do have a GeoTrust 256-bit SSL Certificate.
thing is... lets say I choose to trust that single site.. I would have to trust a dozen others too I do not tend to user ever. .. there could be loaded stuff in the background from those other domains without me having any chance to get this right.

donations to me please send via bitcoin 1vvo1FDwSAwNdLVA1mFkM7v76XPZAAUfb
a good European exchange: bitcoin.de (ref-link)
HalfPriceDigital (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 09:28:41 PM

thing is... lets say I choose to trust that single site.. I would have to trust a dozen others too I do not tend to user ever. .. there could be loaded stuff in the background from those other domains without me having any chance to get this right.

I think the other domains you are seeing when you check our SSL cert are coming from Cloudflare, which we are using.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: