Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:24:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders Lawsuit  (Read 25106 times)
tehelsper

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:05:50 PM

Is this lawsuit actually still happening?  I read several pages ago in the thread that Australian litigation funders aren't likely to fund this given the circumstances of what happened.  So unless someone finds another law firm willing to take it on either pro bono or contingency (which apparently Australian firms don't do), it doesn't sound the suit's going to happen unless someone wealthy decides to go ahead and fund it. 

I think the general consensus was that we needed a criminal charges to go through before a civil suit.
bradyon

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:37:38 PM

Some of us informed about the situation to the law enforcement. As I understand, all this process could take quite long to get clear and informing the police, letting them know what we know, will help all us along. Including Tradefortress if he´s honest. For the moment I don´t know if such a young boy is able to do such a big scam. I keep the hope that maybe he has good intentions but somebody else around him could have cheated him. If that´s the case maybe at some point police could catch him and partially solve some of this fiasco.

By the way, TF came to the forums recently. Did anybody receive any further communication from him?
wayner

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:25:34 AM

Interesting developments:

I emailed Tf today and advised him that if he did not report that a crime had been committed to Australian Law Enforcement within 48hrs. that I would do so.
It was a surprise to me but he responded promptly that he would do so and followed up with a reference number filed with NSW police. Of course a group of us will follow up on this to make sure law enforcement follows through on all aspects!

Any Update?

48h in the btc world seem like a whole weekend. Roll Eyes
JohnHarmer

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 05:58:00 AM

If TF|吴泽岳 didn't stole the 4000 bitcoins.
Then the thief might be a man he trusted.
He could be his classmate, friend, one of his family members who can use his mobile phone.

There is no a "hacker", just a thief.
Maybe two thieves, bcz TF|吴泽岳 had stolen 1000+ bitcoins which deposited by innocent ppl after 10/23.

TradeFortress|吴泽岳's profile:www.wuzeyue.org
吴泽岳要钱要命你自己选,不信你就等着
Bobbycoolguy

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:14:39 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 08:09:26 AM by Bobbycoolguy

Just one scammer..

I remember in early October I tried to draw out all my coins and they didn't show up In my inputs account, I waited all day because I remember him saying larger deposits take longer.. Still no coins.. So emailed TF and he had to manually transfer it.. This makes me question the hot pocket because if there was a large amount in there they should of come out automatically..
So maybe there really was another account what held all our coins seeing as our numbers don't match up with the stolen coins..

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:50:17 PM

Interesting developments:

I emailed Tf today and advised him that if he did not report that a crime had been committed to Australian Law Enforcement within 48hrs. that I would do so.
It was a surprise to me but he responded promptly that he would do so and followed up with a reference number filed with NSW police. Of course a group of us will follow up on this to make sure law enforcement follows through on all aspects!

Any Update?

A few of us have contacted Australian Law Enforcement and have been told we need to be an Australian citizen to report a crime there and that we should file a report in our native country.
batman, not crabman

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:48:01 AM

I have reported this to the Western Australian Police.  I'm not going to post any details yet as I'm waiting for things to develop.
I'll keep you guys informed of any important developments though.

If anyone has reported a crime to their locals authorities (including within Australia) could you PM me the reference numbers and I'll pass them on to the police.

A horse walks into a bar and the barman says "Give me some Bitcoin!"
17TDYWdeL3GU2fsMSpV7itLYS2UJ91dCDx
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:53:56 PM

I have reported this to the Western Australian Police.  I'm not going to post any details yet as I'm waiting for things to develop.

If anyone has reported a crime to their locals authorities (including within Australia) could you PM me the reference numbers and I'll pass them on to the police.

Nice!
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:38:05 AM

Nice!

EPIC

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
mxisaac

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:46:38 AM

Thank you!
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:33:59 AM

so that is the real chinese name for TF|吴泽岳

high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:22:16 AM

Thank you!

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
prodigits7

Activity: 120

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:17:17 AM

Count me in as well, I have lost BTCs in both Inputs.io and CL.

I will not stop until we find TF
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 03:01:43 AM

Yes everyone counts. The more there are in, the more power we have. And since it doesn't cost anything until there is a refund it should not be a problem for anyone to join.
The haircut would be much better than the one TF was offering btw.
..so ..yes! Smiley

Should those with a single BTC at CL even bother with this?

Winning a judgement, and collecting on a judgement are very different things.
The chances of getting a payment when they don't have it is not very good, if all the wealth this guy has is now gone, you aren't going to get anything with a lawsuit other than a loss on the books for you to claim against taxes and a lot of suffering for everyone.

On the other hand, if TF is a thief and took the coins, then you may get them this way.  I just don't think that is the case here.  I think he was just overconfident and now is in over his head.

Disclosure: I have 1.08... on CL

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
JohnHarmer

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:17:06 AM

Now we know TF is 吴泽岳.
His brother is 吴乐水 who lives in BeiJing.
In china, We gathered some victims who had been stolen 1400+ bitcoins by TF.
We are ready to report TF and his brother to BeiJing police.
If TF or one of his alias is in china, we will find them.

We need some victims outside china join us, so BeiJing police might make it prime care.
If you live in BeiJing now, there is nothing better!

PM me if you are interested.

TradeFortress|吴泽岳's profile:www.wuzeyue.org
吴泽岳要钱要命你自己选,不信你就等着
batman, not crabman

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:27:51 AM

I've received a few reference numbers by PM, thanks guys.
All numbers received have been reported to the Western Australian Police.

A horse walks into a bar and the barman says "Give me some Bitcoin!"
17TDYWdeL3GU2fsMSpV7itLYS2UJ91dCDx
jim667

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:37:31 AM

I am starting to think that Chinese mobsters moving in is the biggest threat to both TF and the remaining coins right now :-/
Dr.Steve

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:21:40 AM

I spoke with a senior investigator from the SEC yesterday and they will have jurisdiction because CD's may be considered securities and hence fall under their jurisdiction.

TF may have screwed me out of some coins, but he will pay big time for his arrogance and hubris. I hope he enjoys jail.

His identity is now known. He can run, but he cant hide.

halfawake

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:24:33 AM

I spoke with a senior investigator from the SEC yesterday and they will have jurisdiction because CD's may be considered securities and hence fall under their jurisdiction.

TF may have screwed me out of some coins, but he will pay big time for his arrogance and hubris. I hope he enjoys jail.

His identity is now known. He can run, but he cant hide.

*waves*  Fellow American here.  Would it be helpful for someone else to contact the SEC about this? 

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
Dr.Steve

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:57:37 AM

Yes, but only if you had CD's. They have limited jurisdiction unless securities are involved. They also share info with other LE folks.

Contact this person
Moustakis, Philip <MOUSTAKISP@sec.gov>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: