Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:20:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About a new Coin  (Read 242 times)
nohelpneeded (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:04:15 PM

I dont know if this is a good idea, i might get a lot of trolling for this. But i'm thinking about making a new coin. I noticed that alot of currencies, or most of the currencies doesn't comunicate with the community, they make alot of decisions and the community doesn't have a word, so I wanted to create a coin to involve a really strong community that debates what development we should use. In this website i have noticed that there is really alot of smart people with very solid arguments that nobody listen.

I really have alot of respect for the dodgecoin community even if the coin isn't the best coin it could be. Cryptos are great, we all know that, but they are not the best they could be, and they could be better if we have debates about ideas. Instead we have 3000 coins who do what they want and they havent been able any of the challenges cryptocurrencies have today. We are wasting time by the current development system.

So I think is a good idea to create a coin to reach these smart people, this ideas, this strong arguments, debate them and get to a conclusion. It might not be the best idea, But apparently a company really connected to their users is a very rare thing.

Sorry about my poorly written ingles.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 11:55:48 PM

Well,it will be a great idea but lets face reality:Creating a cryptocurrency requires alot of very hardwork and financial support. Hardwork here means you have to put your mind and in fact your all to it which means that you have to remain focused on your objective.To be frank from my experience from crypto projects,the creator brings the idea and is kind of the leader of the community,he determines what the final goal is and how he wants to meet that goal.Meaning that sometimes,he will end up meeting unforeseen obstacles that will require using another pathway which he has figured out already.In that case,he may not need to involve the community because he has found the new way and has to follow it.That is why most projects update their roadmaps along the line.so yes,you may want to be more community-involved but sometimes it doesnt make alot of business sense to want to involve everyone when you can just go ahead with the idea you have.In any case,you can focuss on such a currency but that will mean you need to target developers who understand the technicalities and can always offer help.

butka

Merit: 246

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:39:29 AM

In any case,you can focuss on such a currency but that will mean you need to target developers who understand the technicalities and can always offer help.
Exactly my point too. You need skillful developers by your side. Community is fine, but they are in no position to make major decisions. Even if you closely listen to what your community wants, it all comes down to a good team of a few people (developers) around you. And sometimes, what the community thinks is best, isn't really. One genius developer is worth more that all the communities in the world. When Satoshi started Bitcoin, there was virtually no community of this type. Yes, he communicated his ideas with some mailing lists (highly specialized around cryptography), just to get feedback regarding his future project. But in no way did they crucially impact his brilliant ideas. So yes, community is needed, and good interaction is needed, but start looking for a good team if you are really serious about creating your own coin.
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:03:57 AM

Thats a great idea, as long as it helps both to you and the community, there is really nothing wrong with it, as long as the intention is pro society. I would like to support you on that, even if its only an idea or you would probably make it into a reality., i am sure that the community would also support you on that. Creating a new coin would probably takes a lot of effort and time, and of course the manpower you need., but if you are dedicated to a certain thing, you can achieve or have it.

I would support in everything you do. have a great day.
Denijal

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:11:34 AM

Maybe Project Shivom?
ICO started 4 days ago.
Shivom will enable DNA data donors to collaborate with revolutionary changemakers in healthcare industry and contribute to an unprecedented era of medical marvels.
I took them already for some bounty campaigns because I want to take as more as possible their coins. Via bounty and ICO..
Great team and HYPE.
More than 45.000 Twitter followers and 65.000 Telegram users...
They already found 10 investors and partners like Bancor, HitBtc, Coinomi...
Sounds like it could be one of those great 2018 coins?
CreateCrypto

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:48:25 AM

Has potential.
CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 07:51:34 AM

Community is very important, as is the development team.
The last important thing that I'm missing here is purpose. What are the unique properties of the coin (besides an awesome community) and what would you like it to achieve / improve / etc.
I think the coins 'purpose' is as important as it's community

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:55:14 AM

Creating a new coin would probably takes a lot of effort and time, and of course the manpower you need., but if you are dedicated to a certain thing, you can achieve or have it.

That must be done properly because people will not invest on your project if its useless.
A lot of new coins everyday but of course not all of them will succeed in this market, so you'd better to innovate a good one for you to survive in the long run. Don't rush creating new coins, make a god plan and strategy together with your great team.
nohelpneeded (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:04:39 AM

In any case,you can focuss on such a currency but that will mean you need to target developers who understand the technicalities and can always offer help.
Exactly my point too. You need skillful developers by your side. Community is fine, but they are in no position to make major decisions. Even if you closely listen to what your community wants, it all comes down to a good team of a few people (developers) around you. And sometimes, what the community thinks is best, isn't really. One genius developer is worth more that all the communities in the world. When Satoshi started Bitcoin, there was virtually no community of this type. Yes, he communicated his ideas with some mailing lists (highly specialized around cryptography), just to get feedback regarding his future project. But in no way did they crucially impact his brilliant ideas. So yes, community is needed, and good interaction is needed, but start looking for a good team if you are really serious about creating your own coin.

I understand that, i mean, but would't ve great if actually a "leader" (honestly I kinda dislike that word) listen not just the community but the people who actually are going to do something with the product. I mean if we look at big companies like google, facebook and so, they are so disconnected from reality. The creators in youtube are upset about the complete lack of transparency, and facebook... well it's all over the news.

I know I would need developers since i'm not good enough to do it myself, i do have a couple of ideas. I have a deep interest in proof of capacity. but i think is not bullet proof, dont really know if it works by now.
nohelpneeded (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:24:39 AM

Creating a new coin would probably takes a lot of effort and time, and of course the manpower you need., but if you are dedicated to a certain thing, you can achieve or have it.

That must be done properly because people will not invest on your project if its useless.
A lot of new coins everyday but of course not all of them will succeed in this market, so you'd better to innovate a good one for you to survive in the long run. Don't rush creating new coins, make a god plan and strategy together with your great team.

Yes, but a coin is a coin. It has really no other goal. It has to provide fast transactions as most of them do, it has to be able to manage as much transactions as posible, it has to be secure, other then that there is not much you could do with it, we could talk about privacy too but if you are in a persuit of legality i don't think privacy would be a good thing. But again, this is my opinion. I completely understand, somebody would have to make decisions. And you have to sacrifice something to gain something. But if we debate things before throwing a fork in everybodies faces. we could not just please the community but actually make something better. Maybe not more expensive since you know, price and Tec doesn't always correlate. I mean better like, easier to use for older people who doesnt really know about Tec, with faster transactions, consuming less power. This companies often fail because they tend to disconnect themselves from the reality. Even bitcoin it's kinda doing that with the Segwit. And i do respect bitcoin, but this is defeating the purpose, it's in deed a incredible commodity but i cant use it as a coin anymore. And forks like bitcoin cash are not going to solve this problem since blocks can't increase forever.

butka

Merit: 246

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:36:42 AM

I understand that, i mean, but would't ve great if actually a "leader" (honestly I kinda dislike that word) listen not just the community but the people who actually are going to do something with the product. I mean if we look at big companies like google, facebook and so, they are so disconnected from reality. The creators in youtube are upset about the complete lack of transparency, and facebook... well it's all over the news.

I get your point about the importance of transparency and listening to the community. A strong community can help a lot. That's for sure. But your coin also has to solve a real problem if it's going to last.

I have a deep interest in proof of capacity. but i think is not bullet proof, dont really know if it works by now.

Proof of capacity is a nice concept but we yet have to see a sustainable solution. The only real implementation seems to be Burstcoin. I think it is still early to say how it will develop.

pidonkmo

Activity: 420
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:34:39 PM

Creating a new coin. It is great idea. But, there are alot of consequencies that should be faced by you. You should prepared all you need carefully. You need to prepare the financial and dev or community.
nezzard

Merit: 100