Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 10:39:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ★THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE INVESTING IN ICO's★  (Read 185 times)
Raiden0729 (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:38:26 PM
Merited by Insanerman (1)

Bitcointalk.org is a place where each of the token that are introduced are being posted here. This forum is the most important platform in stepping to the world of Cryptocurrency. As we moved further, and being a silentreader here in forum, I've seen a lot of ICO's that out being scam. And many of the investors emotions are being played by the scammer/ Developers.

Here are the things to consider when investing in an ICO. Please bear with my language since English is just my secondary Language.

Unrealistic Goals
-Many of the ICO's nowadays are have Unrealistic goals, they always make bold claims without an economic plan or any roadmap to support their project. Additionally if their project has roadmap, you might better make some extra effort in researching about the feasibility of the project. Every project can do a wonderful and very promising whitepaper that will make the hype of the investors, but also look for a variety of complementary resources such as SWOT analysis, financial model, wallet design, competitor analysis, institutional studies, etc. Before investing try think intelligently, many investors fails because they always see the front of the project such as the strong business fundamentals and the positive sales pitch.

Missing Information
If the company is unwilling to release its code to public repositories such as Github and any other social media sites then it has a chance of being a scam.

Anonymous Team
This is a very common to each and everyone of us here in the community but it is also one of the important things to consider when imvesting in an ICO. The one thing people have to loose when scamming other people through ICOs is their reputation. We should also look out for who the representatives are, their qualifications, their experiences – especially previously success in the same field, what social presence they have, and if the team comprises of any advisor and well-renowned expert in the field they have chosen to implement the blockchain concept. This will increase the credibility of the project. We should who people ate behind the team. It is our rights to know who they are or who's people we are dealing with.

Economic Structure
You can go through their targeted financial scope; you can tell if the team wants to put themselves before the blockchain. How they intend to distribute their tokens, what percentage of stakes the developers or presumed advisors have in the entire budget are all markers to look out for.

Moreover, how will investors contribute their funds? Is there an escrow system set or will they be using a smart contract with multiple signature wallets? Who will the escrow be, and what are the conditions for fund transfer between escrows and developers.

Remember that tokenization of digital assets, coin offering, and cryptocurrency so far do not have legal backing and money could be lost through wrong investment choice. While the developer’s aim is to raise money to facilitate the undertaken, the objectives should be clearly understood by the investor, and their roles in bringing about the success of the project should not be ignored.

The problem being that the great majority of projects behind ICOs can not present a functioning product or service. This is actually important to present the planned output of given project.

Their output or product
Dont just settle for things like the total supply of the token, if the token supply will decrease, of course its price will also go up. The team wants this actually to dump their tokens ang get more investors, thus making the community hype and increase FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).

DEVELOPERS can't explain the valid use of token
Lol this is a self explanatory. Of course the real use of token should serve a key purpose in the startup’s platform. If it does not, the token will not sustain its value over the long-term. The team must also have a clear profile of people who are behind the team. It is very scary to invest if we do know the people who we are investing with. Shady profile of team is also one of the important things when investing in an ICO's.
Look also for having a top escrow service or a third party who holds the funds to secure yourself from being scammed.

This is one the most important things to remember before entering a project. You do not want to be like a crybaby you know.

Reference link:
https://thehackingteam.com/helbiz-hbz-ico-review/
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:49:45 PM

Bitcointalk.org is a place where each of the token that are introduced are being posted here. This forum is the most important platform in stepping to the world of Cryptocurrency. As we moved further, and being a silentreader here in forum, I've seen a lot of ICO's that out being scam. And many of the investors emotions are being played by the scammer/ Developers.

Here are the things to consider when investing in an ICO. Please bear with my language since English is just my secondary Language.

Unrealistic Goals
-Many of the ICO's nowadays are have Unrealistic goals, they always make bold claims without an economic plan or any roadmap to support their project. Additionally if their project has roadmap, you might better make some extra effort in researching about the feasibility of the project. Every project can do a wonderful and very promising whitepaper that will make the hype of the investors, but also look for a variety of complementary resources such as SWOT analysis, financial model, wallet design, competitor analysis, institutional studies, etc. Before investing try think intelligently, many investors fails because they always see the front of the project such as the strong business fundamentals and the positive sales pitch.

Missing Information
If the company is unwilling to release its code to public repositories such as Github and any other social media sites then it has a chance of being a scam.

Anonymous Team
This is a very common to each and everyone of us here in the community but it is also one of the important things to consider when imvesting in an ICO. The one thing people have to loose when scamming other people through ICOs is their reputation. We should also look out for who the representatives are, their qualifications, their experiences – especially previously success in the same field, what social presence they have, and if the team comprises of any advisor and well-renowned expert in the field they have chosen to implement the blockchain concept. This will increase the credibility of the project. We should who people ate behind the team. It is our rights to know who they are or who's people we are dealing with.

Economic Structure
You can go through their targeted financial scope; you can tell if the team wants to put themselves before the blockchain. How they intend to distribute their tokens, what percentage of stakes the developers or presumed advisors have in the entire budget are all markers to look out for.

Moreover, how will investors contribute their funds? Is there an escrow system set or will they be using a smart contract with multiple signature wallets? Who will the escrow be, and what are the conditions for fund transfer between escrows and developers.

Remember that tokenization of digital assets, coin offering, and cryptocurrency so far do not have legal backing and money could be lost through wrong investment choice. While the developer’s aim is to raise money to facilitate the undertaken, the objectives should be clearly understood by the investor, and their roles in bringing about the success of the project should not be ignored.

The problem being that the great majority of projects behind ICOs can not present a functioning product or service. This is actually important to present the planned output of given project.

Their output or product
Dont just settle for things like the total supply of the token, if the token supply will decrease, of course its price will also go up. The team wants this actually to dump their tokens ang get more investors, thus making the community hype and increase FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).

Lol this is a self explanatory. Of course the real use of token should serve a key purpose in the startup’s platform. If it does not, the token will not sustain its value over the long-term. The team must also have a clear profile of people who are behind the team. It is very scary to invest if we do know the people who we are investing with. Shady profile of team is also one of the important things when investing in an ICO's.
Look also for having a top escrow service or a third party who holds the funds to secure yourself from being scammed.

This is one the most important things to remember before entering a project. You do not want to be like a crybaby you know.

Reference link:
really very useful information especially for those of us who want to invest in an ICO, nowadays very many ICO are popping up and lead to scam or fraud. with this information I hope investors are more careful in choosing the ICO they will follow
Raiden0729 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:56:59 PM

really very useful information especially for those of us who want to invest in an ICO, nowadays very many ICO are popping up and lead to scam or fraud. with this information I hope investors are more careful in choosing the ICO they will follow
I notice that many of the ico's now turns out being scam and I want to warn people to invest carefully. I just shared and edit the content of the reference link.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:07:02 PM

I think that one of the most important thing for investors is to research the team.
And not only understand if they are real and fake but understand is these people experienced enough to bring new product to the market and have they done it before.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Raiden0729 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

I think that one of the most important thing for investors is to research the team.
And not only understand if they are real and fake but understand is these people experienced enough to bring new product to the market and have they done it before.
Yep, this is the most crucial and Most important factors to consider in engaging ICO's. Most of the scam icos have shady team or having an anonymous team. It is best to check every profile of the team in LinkedIn to know if these people are legit or not.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:52:55 PM

tried to added

The role of bounty manager
I choose a reputable manager, enabling an average professional manager to be successful, looking at his ICO concept it seems interesting the investor will also be interested.
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:19:06 PM

If the idea is not very original, that kind of tips me off. I'm all for improving on what already exists, but at this early stage it seems kind of pointless. If you are not an open source fork, you should not have a highly similar white paper to another project.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
More_Moon

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:27:24 PM

How about Rating and Advisor ? IMHO, these external factors also affect some investors. There are some people there who don't really understand the details of the project built by the project maker. So just trust the rating and who the advisor is.
But I think at least we understand the concept. Thank you for sharing
jhowww

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 03:33:35 PM

These are all very good tips. Thanks to the TS for putting these up. I usually just check if the project is realistic and if the team members aren't fake. I don't usually check the economic structure but I agree with what the TS has written here and I'll definitely add that in my checklist!
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:36:56 PM

Unrealistic Goals

Missing Information

Anonymous Team

Economic Structure

Their output or product

Reference link:
This must be read by the newbies that doesn't have any knowledge on ICO so that they can choose the right ICO to invest and lessen the risk of being scam and the best thing that they can look at is the whitepaper if the whitepaper is copy from the others or not so be smart to choose the right ICO to invest.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:51:37 PM

Good points to consider especially if youre a newbie in crypto investing really a big help, I am very much agree in team to be transparent to investors and show their real identities to secure every investors money.,   

Raiden0729 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:37:37 PM

Thank you for your replies, I am happy to give some of my ideas here.
JENREM

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:44:14 PM

Good points to consider especially if youre a newbie in crypto investing really a big help, I am very much agree in team to be transparent to investors and show their real identities to secure every investors money.,   

That's correct, we really have to consider that its very important that the investors must be transparent in terms of investing and ICo. To mention the real identities is also important to be more secure in any aspect of the project.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2324
Merit: 366

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:05:00 AM

Great job in publishing this article here. This is very much helpful to all ICO investors, especially to the new ones. I guess the old veteran ICO investors have already this set of indicators in their minds. After all, they already have a vast experience of glorious and bitter success and tragic stories, respectively. I hope everyone will take time to read this and understand. ICO investing is not that easy.

Signature Placement:
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:01:02 PM

1.   Watch out the team working behind the ICO properly. You should careful read about the qualification, expertise, skills and experience of the team members.
2.   Don’t get along with the high goals. The unrealistic gals are mainly scams.
3.   What is the project? The idea behind the project should be new and interesting.
4.   Whitepaper should carry all the information about the project. If important details are missing, it could be a scam.

Most importantly see the response of the ICO the buzz which it is creating out in public. Obviously if it has already hit 80% of hard cap then it would be a good idea to invest in it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: