Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's no wonder we are infested with bounty and airdrop spammers  (Read 876 times)
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:12:20 AM

My personal favourites are when newbies (or jr.members) copy 2 sentences from an earlier post from the same page of the topic... If they made the effort to search for a similar topics and copy something from the posts found there, it would be much difficult to spot them, but they simply don't care...

I think those ones might be bots. Copying from the same thread is their way of making it on-topic. They don't seem to realise that anyone who is following the thread and reading will spot it instantly.

That could be because most of the members also don't care about reporting these kind of posts (as long as there's nothing they can gain when they report something e.g. some extra activity points or anything else....) I don't know how many members report spam posts, but I think it's less than a 100, but if someone has statistics about it, I'm really interested...
The other thing can be that most of the members (spammers, but not bots) don't really read back when they post something, (because it's so obvious to spot these bots(?) when they copy something from a few posts above...) so they don't realize that bots are copypasteing parts of other posts...
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 06:23:58 AM

I don't know how many members report spam posts, but I think it's less than a 100, but if someone has statistics about it, I'm really interested...

theymos has previously released data about reporting, including a leaderboard of top reporters, but that was a long time ago and I haven't seen any recent numbers. It isn't possible to get any stats on that unless theymos makes it public.

The other thing can be that most of the members (spammers, but not bots) don't really read back when they post something, (because it's so obvious to spot these bots(?) when they copy something from a few posts above...) so they don't realize that bots are copypasteing parts of other posts...

Therein lies the root of what makes this forum so frustrating.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:13:24 AM

Here is just one of the YouTube spamming tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQH7B5lWFSE

The suggested post is the usual rubbish that we need to eradicate, and the YouTube viewer replying doesn't even appear to be competent enough to work through the signup process.

I believe that we need a startup board, so that the mods can evaluate new members. Without that it will not be possible to control the flood of several thousand hopeful spammers every day.

We used to have one. Lovingly called the Newbie jail.
I suggested an alternative Merit Jail as well.
I think there should be more mods but that's my pov. I am pretty sure the forum can afford it. It's a matter of will and consensus.

theymos has previously released data about reporting, including a leaderboard of top reporters, but that was a long time ago and I haven't seen any recent numbers. It isn't possible to get any stats on that unless theymos makes it public.

He recently did that with the Politics & Society admin picking thread.
What if it could be a paid gig? Each time you report something that is legitimately BS, you get paid a small amout of btc. Kinda like a faucet.
But not everyone can do this, maybe a select group of people who are not biased against signature renting but do not have paid signature spots themselves.

Makes sense?

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 07:24:43 AM

What if it could be a paid gig? Each time you report something that is legitimately BS, you get paid a small amout of btc. Kinda like a faucet.
But not everyone can do this, maybe a select group of people who are not biased against signature renting but do not have paid signature spots themselves.

Makes sense?

The problem with all incentives is the possibility to be abused, but making it sort of sub-moderator job might be a good way to deal with that. I guess that really leaves the question of whether there is a budget to pay for it.

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:34:01 AM

Makes sense?
Last time I proposed to give some merits for reporting e.g. 20 copypasters, the answer was spammers would register new accounts to copypaste and they will report them just to gain the merit...
The same can apply if we give payment for reporting posts...
But this can work if there will be really only a selected group of people (or selected by a minimum merit count) who will be able to report for payment... and this will motivate members to earn merits, because it can lead them to another kind of payment job, the reporter...
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:34:21 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 05:20:56 PM by digaran

Not admin, mod picking. and here is the result locking a thread stating there is another one similar to that but never providing a link to the same topic. or this one is providing a link but there are no similarities between the two topics.  how about this one? isn't this a discrimination? your own topic(as legendster's own topic started by legendster) is still open which ironically is about Godless cunts and their opinions. it is indeed no wonder we are infested with bounty garbage posters.

Would you like to get paid by reporting garbage posts with one of your alts which has no signature? you don't even want others to get anything even if it is just in your imagination. your suggestion is not going to favour everybody equally, just a select group. facking lol.

Last time I proposed to give some merits for reporting e.g. 20 copypasters, the answer was spammers would register new accounts to copypaste and they will report them just to gain the merit...

For now let us see what will happen to somebody who has reported more than 200 posts accurately in hopes of red tag removal for apparent merit trading, let us see if mods give a fuck or not.

EDIT: in red above and the following:

@Flying Hellfish, I know that you are not going to be fired as a mod, I'm just trying to criticize you constructively. also you should know that I have no dignity, so calling me a lying troll is meaningless for me.

🖤😏
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16733

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:58:33 AM

Faucets have a really hard time keeping cheaters away. It's very easy to go to the Off-topic or Altcoin board and report thousands of posts. It's just kinda pointless as those boards have millions more useless posts.
Just out of curiosity: how much would a report pay? It takes 5-10 seconds to report a bad post, and I love getting paid in a cleaner forum.
Lately, I've been reporting more posts than I make, and in a few months my total reports will overtake my post count.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:06:07 PM

At some stage this forum is going to have to revert to restricting new and low value members to starter boards. I'll leave you guys to debate the escape criteria, but a minimum merit count should be one of them imho. Maybe signatures should also be blocked for starter members as well.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:10:14 PM

I'm all for bringing back Newbie Jail at least until they've proven they're not spambots at least. I've brought up the Jr. Member signatures issue before. I'm sure when theymos removed links from them he wasn't expecting the spam sig campaigns to carry on paying them for using text URLs.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:28:39 PM

~snip!
Not admin, mod picking

Since your MO is to spread completely false, baseless accusations fueled entirely by your own confirmation bias I feel I should respond so that a normal user can have both sides of the story and make up there own mind.

result locking a thread stating there is another one similar to that but never providing a link to the same topic
Do your own search, I'm not required to spoon feed you.

this one is providing a link but there are no similarities between the two topics.
Several topics that were about that general topic had been opened in a few days.  In actual fact iirc I think I locked or deleted another thread (or 2) with a similar theme.  Keeping the discussion on a similar topic in a single thread is done to keep the redundant spam mega threads to a minimum.  Of course you are so close to the topic that your confirmation bias couldn't possibly allow you to think there was another possibility other than my desire to censor.

how about this one? isn't this a discrimination? your own topic is still open which ironically is about Godless cunts and their opinions.
There must be 15 threads (I did not actually count) about god, athiesm, religion, spirituality and every other synonym for those words already in the sub.  There are new ones created all the time.  The thread in question was already 42 pages long and had long before became a spam mega thread with the last several pages of "one line shitposts".  The other threads still open had some actual discussion between opposing view points so it was left open.  Matter of fact the thread you say are my own threads are not my threads I did not start it, so stop lying.

Again it's clear in the last case your confirmation bias won't allow you to see any possibility other than a godless cunt censoring a topic.

You are a butthurt troll with a confirmation bias a 100 miles long.  You make blanket statements that are provably false.  Readers should hear this opinion before making a decision on the validity of your claims.

Edit: Apologies for going off topic OP but I felt I needed to respond to this trolls accusations.
Edit 2: to fix quotes

sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:32:00 PM

Of course, on a wave of last year hype  a lot of new people appeared on the form. They are not here to develop the community and not even because they are interested in crypto, they just want to make money. On the one hand there is nothing wrong with this, on the other hand, the amount of spam and grieve. Most likely, developers will change the course for creating quality content.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 07:00:48 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 09:32:15 PM by wwzsocki

I got into trouble a few months ago and opened a reputation thread to clarify the situation. One of the users Digaran suggested to me to find 200 attempts of forum rules abuse and then again ask for the withdrawal of the red trust.

Did you report at least 200 garbage and off topic posts on Bitcoin discussion section? did you PM hilariousandco to ask for a reconsideration on your negative trust? why did you leave positive trust for The Pharmacist without any reference? why do you have positive trust for a trade without any reference? I wouldn't remove the red tag from you if I were him.

Each report takes me about 5-10 seconds. If you don't just search for them, it's not much extra work to report them when you see them.

Each report alone would take you 5-10 seconds to click on the report and write a word  and then click on send. what about the time you are spending on reading the posts?
snip

Yes, I sent PM to Hillarious after 300 reports with all kind of forum abuse but mostly spam, off-topic, spambots with an accuracy of 99%. Never responded like to all other messages. Today I have already 810 with an accuracy of 100%.

I changed my neutral reputation to positive in The Pharmacist profile after he withdraws red trust given to me after reading an explanation in my reputation thread. I supported sooner The Pharmacist and wrote in my post that I agree with his judgments and I see him as an asset (I have my posts as a proof and I could use it for reference but if most known members don't leave it, I thought isn't needed or even better to left it empty). There are few positive ratings in his profile without reference from Vod, Lauda, Actmyname, Hhampuz and only one with reference from Yahoo62278. I don't see any problem here but maybe I am wrong (this will be not the first time) so please explain what you mean about that?

I traded few times with people using a Telegram chat group started on BTT. I had few trades in this group and few persons leave me positive reputation. I thought I should send back if the trade was successful but there was no reference because we chatted on Telegram and I don't save my Telegram chats. If this is again problem I already deleted mine from Polonez account but I can do nothing with positive trust in my account from other members.

Why wouldn't you remove the red tag if you were him? Why this reference is such a big problem if highest DT members don't leave it either?

I don't search for them for a purpose. Exactly, as you say, I just enjoy reading. I invest in ICO for almost 2 years. That is why 80% of my time I spent on Altcoin section reading ANN threads when researching interesting projects. 5 or 10 seconds is enough to report post but what to do if a thread is flooded by spammers and there are 60 "great project" and "good" posts in a row? How much time do you think I need to report this garbage?

How to report such a thread flooded with spam? How to report a spammer with 80% of 2 words posts in his account?Using report button?

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: