Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:13:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Wisp Project [WISP] Alternative SpectreCoin wallet - Community driven  (Read 2374 times)
Gandalf86 (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:41:04 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2018, 06:34:41 AM by Gandalf86
Merited by HippiePyro (3), sirsplashalot (1)

Wisp Project [WISP]

Links

Overview

The Wisp Project is an initiative of Spectrecoin (XSPEC) users who disagree with certain developments happening in the official Spectrecoin client. With the return of the original founder Mandica to Spectrecoin, the development process has turned into a top-down development style directed by Mandica, and different ways of enforcing development fees from Spectrecoin users in order to fund development have been discussed. At the Wisp Project, we believe that a cryptocurrency should be controlled by its users and not by a central authority.

For that reason, we have dedicated ourselves to providing an alternative Spectrecoin wallet that features an open decision process and does not force its users to provide funding for development, even though we encourage every user to do so in his or her own interest! We figured that going this path is the most straightforward way to turn our vision of Spectrecoin into reality.

There have also been discussions about a possible blockchain fork. If the Spectrecoin team decides to implement a hardfork to enforce development fees via the protocol, the Wisp Project will NOT support that fork, meaning that Wisp and Spectrecoin would split into two independent projects, where Wisp will maintain the original protocol. The ticker for our side of the fork will be [WISP] then. More information will be added as things progress. Since this forum is about altcoins, this thread will remain a "PRE-ANN" until a blockchain fork happens.

Update: The Spectrecoin hardfork is scheduled for 21/08/2018, 22:00 GMT!

Update: The XSPEC hardfork has happened smoothly. Now Wisp is running on the old Spectrecoin chain, every user who uses a Spectrecoin wallet before version 2.0 (1.4 and older) uses the chain that will be branded as WISP. An official announcement for this coin will follow after a independent Wisp wallet has been created by our volunteer community members.  Cool

Update: Here is the new ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5039051.0 This thread will be locked, please continue on the new thread.

About SpectreCoin

Please refer to the official SpectreCoin ANN for more information about SpectreCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4434053.0

Simply put, SpectreCoin is based on the ShadowCash (SDC) codebase. It was started in 2016 with the goal of continuing and extending the idea of (now defunct) ShadowCash. SpectreCoin is a general-purpose privacy-focused cryptocurrency that uses a relatively simple yet sophisticated technique for achieving anonymity, by combining stealth addresses and ring signatures. SpectreCoin was an ICO but raised only a small amount of money, so nowadays other ways of achieving continuous development have to be found.

About Wisp

Wisp has basically the same goals as SpectreCoin, the main difference is that SpectreCoin has a development fee included (16.6% of all block rewards going to the founder of SpectreCoin), while the Wisp users refuse to pay such a fee. At Wisp we are following the core ideals of Bitcoin and decentralized currencies, which also means rejecting centralized authorities and centralized development processes. We want SpectreCoin to be a top-notch privacy-supporting currency that brings the necessary social, cultural and economic changes to our society. We are advocating diversity and federation, which is one of the reasons why we are making an alternative XSPEC wallet.

We're an open community, everybody is welcome to join and start contributing right away. Please check out our Discord (invite link above).

Roadmap

Since Wisp is not lead by a dedicated team but is a joint effort between community members, there is no fixed roadmap and any suggestion will be considered. Here are some of the points that have been discussed:

• Make the Wisp wallet visually different from Spectrecoin (Qt developers welcome!)
  • Develop a more robust wallet for Spectrecoin
  • Mobile wallet (Android developers welcome!)
  • Improvements to the core protocol
  • Making a nice website for Wisp

Please ask if there are any further questions, and welcome to the Wisp community!  Smiley

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:41:28 PM

*reserved*

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:18:15 PM

Thanks for getting this posted Gandalf. I'm quite excited to be a part of this project from the start. I look forward to the progress we can make after the launch is taken care of.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:42:02 PM

Thanks for the pre-Ann Gandalf. More news to come.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
Dan123456

Activity: 79
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:49:07 PM

Hopefully people will post all their questions here, and any problems or queries can be addresses here instead of in xspec thread.

I think it is worth emphasising that cryptopia and livecoin are unlikely to support any hardforks as we found out with the initial attempt by mandica to fork.

If you want your free wisp it is near certain you will need to have them off the exchange and in your own wallet.
oxb

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:05:20 PM

Roll Eyes

Haha Gunner is watching, be careful.

Its fun to follow the project, its just like watching "storage hunters" you know it is fake, but you cant help yourself watching.

Hey look what i found in the back of the container a paper wallet with wispcoins, now i never have to work again.
karotid

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:19:53 PM

I am so horny for this,I had to create an account. gunner come to XSPEC discord we need to hire you for our shitcoin, channel bulltalk-off-topic
viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:11:55 AM

WISP is planning to make the XSPEC UI better,
it has to be a real potential here. Looking forward for the development.

I would try to get more of XSPEC and WISP,... both coins are cool
spaid

Activity: 12
Merit: 27

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:19:42 AM

Hoping for good things from both projects.
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:39:24 PM

Good luck on Wisp Project. I will be watching this project with interest. By the way how are you going to fund this project Wisp please?
Eliza beth

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:11:10 PM

I'm trying to find a good charity but I think they are all terrible
egretia
coinnox

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:15:47 PM

Would you like to get listed on coinnox exchange?
oxb

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:31:41 PM

They sure would like to . if only they had a working product.
Sorry if there only was a product.

But they are working very hard to get the mother of all coins launched, and you can be sure jbg will do his best to make it happen.
There is just one problem jbg will postpone again and again.
And this post of mine will be called fud ect ect, but ive been watching and listening and reading and jbg is never going to deliver a working product.

So if you want wisp please be VERY VERY patient and in the end you MAYBE will get some.

Maybe rebrand the fukker before its ever realized? PROMISECOIN  we promise but dont deliver.

Please watch for the tekst soon , testing , almost

And watch out for hollow frazes like "we only want to release if the code is perfect"
Most of those fanboys probably hold a large chunk of (undervalued) xspec and hope that wisp will save the day.
What dou you think?
Jbg fucked up xspec and now he will create a new coin? yeah right, think again.

And NEVER ERVER ask for proof of work , because they dont like that.
The only thing they will say "ï know jbg he is working very hard"

This wisp thing should have never been associated with xspec wich is/was a promising project until hobbydev jbg fucked that coin up.
Now he is the kim jung un of wisp and all bow for the great jbg the never deliveryboy.

Maybe....maaaaayybe some time in the far far far away future this coin is going to be "real" but if you ask me its the promiscoin.
Do as you like i would not invest my time or money in this project there are more valuable ones out there.

Goodluck all with youre decision and i hope crypto will treat you nice.

Gandalf86 (OP)

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:36:59 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 08:48:36 PM by Gandalf86

Good luck on Wisp Project. I will be watching this project with interest. By the way how are you going to fund this project Wisp please?

We hope to get this running mainly via voluntary contributions ... we are trying to build an environment here that is very collaboration-friendly so that developers can join easily and contribute on demand, whenever they wish.

Additionally we will set up a system to offer bounties. For example if you and some other investors want to see a certain feature being implemented (a new website design, binaries for a certain Linux distribution, whatever you like), you can pool your money together and make a feature request via Github. The first (voluntary) developer who creates a pull request that gets merged and fulfills that feature request, will get the bounty. This is the fairest and most decentral way to fund a project - money going directly from the people who want something specific being done, to the person who does it.

There are many ways to implement this, maybe via smart contracts, a multi-signature wallet held by a committee, a single person escrow, or simply via individual payments.

And thirdly we will maybe also keep the current donation system, which means that the wallet offers an option to donate your stake rewards to a certain address that belongs to a full-time developer for example, or that goes to a multisig wallet.

It's not a decentralized exchange, so probably not.

sirsplashalot

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:27:57 PM

There will be an option to donate staking percentages to development. For the next while current development is releasing work that was previously paid for. We genuinely believe once innovations are released (a POS system with default stealth addresses), staking donations will sufficiently fund further development.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
sirsplashalot

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:32:24 PM

We’re taking annymoity and decentralization pretty seriously. Spectrecoin is one of the very few cryptocurrencies that had an anonymous ICO via trusted Bitcointalk escrow, as a fork of Spectrecoin, the anonymity legacy will continue with the markets. While Cryptopia and Livecoin are centralized exchanges, they still do not require KYC regulations but may be subject to third party audits and control trading funds. We wish to encourage WISP holders to only use decentralized exchanges. Centralized exchanges are no better then banks.

karotid

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:49:40 PM

so much blah blah blah on things you want to do butt only 2 things you have: I serial liar developer and big holders running the "project" who wnat to get the money they lost with xspec back (it's more likley that jbg learns how to code), vvc the "project manager" (ahaha he has no clue of what's going on) lost OVER HALF A MILLION $ with XSPEc what an amazing investor. hippyhoppitiespro said he quit his job and probably realized there is no work to do and jbg is again doing nothing and talking rubbish like the old xspec days, gandalf spends his time writing github guides very useful, AWESOME DRAMA LOvE YOU GUYS KEEP IT UP! BRYCE WE ALL LOVE YOU youre so stealth
LoveCryptoAll

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:38:02 PM

The project is strong - it can be seen. But presented a little scant. I would suggest that you add a link to the white paper and the presentation of the team. You can find information on white paper, but this information is very difficult to access.
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:14:18 AM

Here we have a new Ann for the fork WISP.
I can't say I support such hard fork. Anyway, there are some free coins. Why not?
oxb

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:57:35 AM

Any news on the fork?
Will it be ready this decade or does jbg need some more time and excuses for once again not delivering?

Heard  something about making the coin replay proof?
I dont think that will be possible because jbg is already replaying the same bullshit as he did at xspec.
Every exccuse that was made before is done all over, just coated with some different bullshitsauce.

Its like history repeating witihn a very small timeframe.
But i imagine soon there will be some more info and news about the very promising wisp endeavor, im just waiting for the next bs.

May i suggest creating a non exsisting blockchain security issue where you can spend the next 6 months or so on?
Dont tell anyone i`m trying to help you out as it might damage my online social status.

glad to be of service
Greetz  Oxb the king off bullshit (please jbg no more bs from you you are gaining on me)

PS i gotta hand it to you , you get away with it every time im impressed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: