Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:32:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your opinion on token airdrops?  (Read 708 times)
Pricelessent (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:04:38 AM

How do you guys feel about project issuing airdrops? Even if it is one from a reputable project with a great utility token.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TmottaDing

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:09:12 AM

How do you guys feel about project issuing airdrops? Even if it is one from a reputable project with a great utility token.

Please tell me why it would not be good.. Airdrops are good enough, only that they are not paying a good amount of money at this moment, most of them are paying less than a few bucks, and that is not good because you need to meet a lot of requeriments for it.

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:11:18 AM

ICO's, airdrops, signature campaigns, and other distribution methods are just tools... what matters are the motives behind the team.  If an airdrop is simply to scatter coins across as many addresses as possible to spam then no, I'm not a fan of them.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pricelessent (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:15:27 AM

How about a token airdrop that has a cap to a certain amount of members? That way each member can get more tokens and would most likely be based on a first come, first served.

Also, i actually has another question....should the KYC be just as strict as a normal ICO?
Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:16:34 AM

Hello, I thik that most of the toke n airdrops are just to get some attetion o the project. There are really few projects with really good airdrops - ad most of them was with KYC
thanhdatdat23

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:21:01 AM

Token's airdrops and bounties are about to spread their Token on social media, but there are many cheaters so i think airdrops are not good. Bounties are better because they require more information than airdrops. 
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:21:56 AM

I think it's good, but with a note to be spread evenly to his community. This reminds me of XLM stellar lumens, they are one of the very successful projects of airdrop, formerly its stellar STR, we just make wallet and connect facebook account to get the coin. Now stellar has become one of the great alt and continues to be in top 10 alt in cmc.
Pricelessent (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:23:47 AM

Token's airdrops and bounties are about to spread their Token on social media, but there are many cheaters so i think airdrops are not good. Bounties are better because they require more information than airdrops. 

Do you think airdrops are better than ICOs? ICOs have become synonymous with scams and airdrops can be seen from more reputable projects such as ontology and omisego. If i am not mistaken, they raised their funds through private investors only.
Walang-kekek

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:25:08 AM

why worrying? i think given your token to community will make your community more strong. as they have the tokens, they must work together in order to increase its price to markets.
Pricelessent (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:26:32 AM

why worrying? i think given your token to community will make your community more strong. as they have the tokens, they must work together in order to increase its price to markets.

I agree. Projects should take care of their community and reward them for support
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:26:50 AM

I think the token Airdrop is totally fake. Only they are catching your confidential data otherwise nothing. Still I have filled up a bunched of g-form for the token Airdrop but receive only one. So, my report is only 1% is legit of the mass of Airdrop coming.
CrystalPham

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:28:14 AM

Some ETH owners have wallets with a balance in their account that may have seen this - sometimes you see a random token added to your Token Tracker. No, not someone who accidentally sends a token to your wallet address but the development team has decided to release a small token to some Ethereum wallet to promote.
Once you have received the token, the first thing you can do is look up Google. Or you can learn more by asking someone if they know what that token is. You may not just ignore it.
Of course, if the user does not care then the airdrop fails.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:32:04 AM

Airdrops are actually conducted to make the ICO's name popular. It is like a bait that captures people's attention, somewhat a marketing strategy. Most airdrops require people to join their telegram group and as the population of people increases, its name reverberate from investor to investor. This attracts people to invest.

As far as the amount of tokens earned is concerned, there is really a very low equivalent value. Usually just a few dollars and you can't make a profit out of it - that is for sure.

beigai

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:36:49 AM

In fact, generally when I own the token, my willingness to participate in airdrop will be higher. Otherwise, I generally do not want to participate in this category of airdrop, after all, you do not get too many tokens.
Of course, if i can get more tokens through some methods, I will be willing to participate
Airdrop.
bornMercurial

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:49:35 AM

I would like to say that most airdrops token just to get some attention from the project. And Token airdrops and bounties will spread their Token in social media, but there are many fraudsters so I think airdrops are not good. But they need more information than airdrops.
Pricelessent (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:53:41 AM

Yes, token airdrops that are equivalent to a few dollars worth mean nothing. But what if a project only allowed a certain number of users to get airdropped, so the value of tokens they receive would be much higher, maybe up to $100
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:58:50 AM

My opinion in token airdrops was a very good strategy for every new ICO projects which makes the people more interested to join their community. Their token might be priceless due to its small amount given in every airdrop but still it’s their way to introduce it in the market. Its not bad for us to waste our time for airdrops because it’s just free to all. And Some airdrops also fakes, so be careful on what you are joining for.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:07:39 AM

Even if it is from a reputable project, it will give you a very little value not even sufficient for a transaction fee. They use airdrops to spread information about the project but there is no profit from it. It will be an advantage if you are looking for a project to invest your money in but if you want to earn money, then it is not for you.

Pricelessent (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:28:52 AM

Even if it is from a reputable project, it will give you a very little value not even sufficient for a transaction fee. They use airdrops to spread information about the project but there is no profit from it. It will be an advantage if you are looking for a project to invest your money in but if you want to earn money, then it is not for you.

What other routes do you think a project should go to raise awareness and possibly funds if not an ico or token airdrop?
WNbahr

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:40:28 AM

basically the token airdrops have a very good essence but on the way it is tainted by some irresponsible airdrops, resulting in a lack of confidence from most of its devotees, in other words many people who undo themselves from joining token airdrops, but for some again who are selective on content issues they prefer to join a trusted condition. although the benefits are not too great.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: