Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:17:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Problem  (Read 599 times)
sam91 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:30:43 AM

Hello. I have recently recieved five Block Erupters and they seem to have a problem. When I plug them into a USB port, the led on them doesn't turn on and they are not recognized by the computer (the driver is installed correctly as I have another Block Erupter that works properly), but they do get warm after a while. Do I have any chance of making them work or are they dead? Please help...
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:32:00 AM

Go into your device manager and see if its possibily showing up there. also your usb port maynot be supplying enough power.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
sam91 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:40:38 AM

Nope, not showing up in Device Manager. Before the problematic 5 Erupters arrived, I already had a working Erupter and that one showes up under Devices and Printers and it's LED is working.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:43:40 AM

erm it shouldnt be showing up under there. i mean device manager. Right click my computer->propertys->hardware(tab)->Device manager->Ports(Com) is where they should be showin up at.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
sam91 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:55:17 AM

erm it shouldnt be showing up under there. i mean device manager. Right click my computer->propertys->hardware(tab)->Device manager->Ports(Com) is where they should be showin up at.

Yes it should Smiley)...the Block Erupter USB should show up under Devices and Printers (according to some tutorials on how to set them up), as well as in Device Manager, under Ports(Com). My new Erupters don't show up in neither one of these...but my old working Erupter shows up in both of these places.
RW02

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:41:02 AM

try them 1 at a time. sounds like there not getting enough power
AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:48:46 AM

I did not know about the "devices and printers". On my win8pro miner, I have 65 devices in there (63 usbminers and 2 jalapenos).

Have you tried removing one of the working usbminers and replacing it with one of the newer ones to see if it shows up that way?
sam91 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:54:22 PM

I tried all of them, one at a time, first on my laptop, then on my desktop computer...no USB hubs involved, I plugged them directly into the USB ports, still nothing, not even a LED blip. The only sign of life I get is that they are getting quite warm...Sad
AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:59:33 PM

I tried all of them, one at a time, first on my laptop, then on my desktop computer...no USB hubs involved, I plugged them directly into the USB ports, still nothing, not even a LED blip. The only sign of life I get is that they are getting quite warm...Sad
Sounds like it is time to contact the seller.  If this was a 3rd party sale, whomever made the original purchase can get warranty replacements.
sam91 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:55:27 PM

What could be wrong with them and how could all five have the same issue? Has enyone encountered something like this regarding the Block Erupters?
sam91 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:45:33 AM

Anyone?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: