Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got merits, lots of them - do you want some??  (Read 2961 times)
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 03:21:53 PM

If the post is good and relatable then you can always learn things and earn merits.
This couldn't be more far from the truth. Why do you think threads like this one are so popular?
I must admit, sometimes I'm simply forgetting to slam a +1 for somebody that deserves it. I go through his words, something is triggering my response and the meriting slips my mind. I presume its a thing for most of us.
However there is a much, much bigger problem with low merit points redistribution. It's that almost nobody is actually reading stuff people say...
Most members just post, in majority they are not interested with conversations or opinions exchange, its all about posts-posts-posts.
Of course the one to blame are signature-campaigns that focus on quantity rather than quality.
I personally was never a member of a campaign that "forces" more than 2 posts per day. I find it spam inducing and in fact, conversation killing.
Some of the people I have met here, are thinking that forum is infested with bots but I think that sig. campaigns are somehow tuning us in to mindless zombie-posters. We need a vaccine  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jd2281

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:36:08 PM

Hello, TMAN. Thank you for this tip and advice. I have taken it in but somehow along the way, I have not gained any confidence when I am either posting or commenting because it seems like I am still posting rubbishes and junks. I even researched what a quality post should be and made it as one of my threads here but I cannot really fathom its true meaning.
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 03:52:00 PM

Well good for you if you have lots of merits...i didn't say that i dont want to have merits. Everybody want it but as a newbie it's not easy for us to get the merit easily in our time now adays because it depends to the person that who can give merit because of his post which is helpful.you are very lucky because you have that merits before those times that needs ranking according to the post that you posted.

What is this shit? go learn English do not pollute my eyes with this crap.

Hello, TMAN. Thank you for this tip and advice. I have taken it in but somehow along the way, I have not gained any confidence when I am either posting or commenting because it seems like I am still posting rubbishes and junks. I even researched what a quality post should be and made it as one of my threads here but I cannot really fathom its true meaning.

Ok - I looked at the 1st page of your posts and I was just blinded by bounty posts - I will not be helping bounty hunters, in my eyes you are the cancer of this forum. You come here with no crypto knowledge and steal from the people who pay for these bounties as you are not adding any value other than spamming shit. Continue earning your $40 or whatever the latest rate is but DO NOT expect to earn merits as well.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
jd2281

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

Well good for you if you have lots of merits...i didn't say that i dont want to have merits. Everybody want it but as a newbie it's not easy for us to get the merit easily in our time now adays because it depends to the person that who can give merit because of his post which is helpful.you are very lucky because you have that merits before those times that needs ranking according to the post that you posted.

What is this shit? go learn English do not pollute my eyes with this crap.

Ok - I looked at the 1st page of your posts and I was just blinded by bounty posts - I will not be helping bounty hunters, in my eyes you are the cancer of this forum. You come here with no crypto knowledge and steal from the people who pay for these bounties as you are not adding any value other than spamming shit. Continue earning your $40 or whatever the latest rate is but DO NOT expect to earn merits as well.
You are so road, Mr. TMAN. Well, sorry for being ONLY a bounty hunter and for being the CANCER of this forum. I must admit I have very little knowledge regarding cryptos but I am still learning and growing. Hopefully sooner or later, my little earning will be mooning so I will be on the same level as you. I never am expecting for merits, for depends on the person giving them anyways. But I will be hypocrite if I say I do not want them and somehow, hoping to get some.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 04:49:58 PM
Merited by TMAN (1)

You are so road, Mr. TMAN.

But is he the M27 or the A3?

Well, sorry for being ONLY a bounty hunter and for being the CANCER of this forum.

Try to be something else then.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jd2281

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:53:32 PM

You are so road, Mr. TMAN.

But is he the M27 or the A3?

Well, sorry for being ONLY a bounty hunter and for being the CANCER of this forum.

Try to be something else then.

Thank you for this advice. I, myself, am hoping to be something else too.
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 05:02:15 PM

Then don't moan like a baby when I tell you why you don't get any merits, either be a bounty hunter and earn the pennies or be a part of this forum and in a few years maybe earn $500 a week for your signature.

It's entirely up to you what you want to do.

jd2281

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:07:25 PM

Then don't moan like a baby when I tell you why you don't get any merits, either be a bounty hunter and earn the pennies or be a part of this forum and in a few years maybe earn $500 a week for your signature.

It's entirely up to you what you want to do.
Yes, I am looking forward to earning $500 a week. With that, I am hoping to gain some maturity and improvements within myself. Thank you, Mr. TMAN, You are like a mentor and an educator. You may be a little harsh sometimes, but I rather am grateful to you. I will be taking your advice positively and seek for improvements. I must admit, what you have said is true. I realized now that what made bounty hunters the cancer of this forum is that they, or rather we, are forgetting the very essence of this forum is. We have forgotten that this is still a forum for discussions and information gathering and dissemination, etc. and not just like some machines that gives us cash because we are earning from it.
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 09:36:43 PM

Yes, I am looking forward to earning $500 a week. With that, I am hoping to gain some maturity and improvements within myself. Thank you, Mr. TMAN, You are like a mentor and an educator. You may be a little harsh sometimes, but I rather am grateful to you. I will be taking your advice positively and seek for improvements. I must admit, what you have said is true. I realized now that what made bounty hunters the cancer of this forum is that they, or rather we, are forgetting the very essence of this forum is. We have forgotten that this is still a forum for discussions and information gathering and dissemination, etc. and not just like some machines that gives us cash because we are earning from it.

I said maybe earn $500.. its not definite.. And young man you have a long long way to go - for starters the attitude, you say now you want to learn.. so prove it - read up on RSK come back and tell me about it, and why it "should" be a game changer for BTC and what other crypto's is it likely to cause issues for.

keywordsbadge

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:53:40 PM

There are no merits given just by commenting. The comments must make sense.
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 10:02:53 PM

your comments make sense but are of 0 value.. just as bad

edundayo

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:59:31 PM
Merited by TMAN (1), theyoungmillionaire (1)

For me, it's simple;
There is a saying that;when you help enough people get what they are looking for, you'll find what you are looking for along the way.

* Be yourself, do your thing and have fun
* Let your mindset and motive be genuinely that of helping people and being another great forum member
* Think longterm, don't be preoccupied with short-time.
* Be friendly, act as if you are in an offline community

I was glad to have come across TMAN' guide, and having had the right mindset; I got 3 merits in my first active week with just about 20+ posts.
The last thing on my mind was merits, but it was a delightful surprise to see those merits, and as you can see I'm still a newbie...lol

My point is; if are a newbie, please drop the ego and listen to the words of advice. Let's join the Hero's to sanitize the forum and the $$ follow eventually and definitely.

What makes a post "highly quality, make sense, helpful, etc" is relative and subjective, and trying to define it will only create unending, never conclusive discussion.

A quitter never wins and winners never quit!
pubudu92

Activity: 243
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 04:17:30 PM

ma
I get merits easily, sure I know "its easy for you as you have been here ages" ETC ETC.. but for those who actually want to level up and be a part of this community then I will do my best to advise you.

Here is a link to the original thread in Meta. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3182178.

This will help only a few people here as most will just want the bounty Moniez.. but for those who can think a little bigger, and those of you who are here for the right reasons then.

I am adamant the number one cause of no merits is poor English, this is something you can change if you are struggling to get merits so if you know that this is the limitation then you need to take some steps

* Improve your English language, this isnt just spelling and grammar this includes using words like Sir & Mr when I see those I immediately assume the person is a 3rd world poster
* Spend the time that you currently use posting incoherent rubbish to learn proper Written English, start with youtube there has to be over 3002 different videos about writing the English Language also
   https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online was recommended by another poster
* Read a few English books, you can download free Ebooks as a starter, look how sentences are structured common words etc.
* Remember a quality post isnt necessarily a long winded post, using words that make you sound like you swallowed a thesauras doesnt help your cause

Take the above advise and stop trying to level up for 3-6 months you will become a quality poster if you use some more of your free time reading the forum, this doesn't mean bounties, altcoins, speculation all the shit subs.. and only post in a few threads every week, no need to try to max out the activity now, sure you want to keep getting towards the higher numbers but its counter productive when we see high activity and 0 merit. Read technical discussion, read all of the most merited threads, understand the significanc e of Pizza day, the 2011 bubbole, Cyparus, HOD L, the fall of all the securities that some of us lost the equivalent of $Millions now.

one other thing, you need to stop these bounties, I know it hurts you now financially, but seeing someone in a low end bounty for $20 just makes me assume they are a 3rd world poster and with a great initiative by BTCforJoe there is an option to help https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0 That thread is a tremendous Idea so props to OP there

a few more things
Do NOT call Sr Members Sir, Mr or any other shit like that, It is not needed.
READ THE FUCKING RULES, both forum rules and individual board rules.
Don't post in Bitcoin Discussion or Economics and wherever you are do NOT post in megathreads, I guarantee you have nothing new to say.
Humor is good, lots of people get merit for silly one liners if they are funny.

Good luck all you newbies, I hope this helps a few of you. Please do not PM me begging for merits, I will ask DT members to tag you if you do.

EDIT: use the search button, so many redundant threads

Thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts with us. These experience are really a great help for newbies to build good bitcointalk profile. Actually, get merits in BTT profile is a difficult task. Your valuable tips are very important. Please give us new thoughts every day.

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by  NFT
Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:58:43 PM

For me, it's simple;
There is a saying that;when you help enough people get what they are looking for, you'll find what you are looking for along the way.

* Be yourself, do your thing and have fun
* Let your mindset and motive be genuinely that of helping people and being another great forum member
* Think longterm, don't be preoccupied with short-time.
* Be friendly, act as if you are in an offline community

I was glad to have come across TMAN' guide, and having had the right mindset; I got 3 merits in my first active week with just about 20+ posts.
The last thing on my mind was merits, but it was a delightful surprise to see those merits, and as you can see I'm still a newbie...lol

My point is; if are a newbie, please drop the ego and listen to the words of advice. Let's join the Hero's to sanitize the forum and the $$ follow eventually and definitely.

What makes a post "highly quality, make sense, helpful, etc" is relative and subjective, and trying to define it will only create unending, never conclusive discussion.

Yes I agree!

Basically focus on helping people sincerely WITHOUT expecting rewards. In that case even there is no merits, you will not feel disappointed. And if there is - Surprise!

People do love surprises especially for ladies
bill gator
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:24:52 PM

Don't post in Bitcoin Discussion or Economics

I'm wondering if this is universal advice or if you are suggesting this specifically to lower ranking members seeking to earn merit as the title suggests. Can you please clarify this for me? Bitcoin Discussion and Economics are some of my favorite boards, even if they're flooded with spam that I'm forced to avoid.

▄█
   ▄██▌
 ▄████
▀▀▀█████▀
  ▐███▀
  ██▀
  ▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████
███████████████████
██████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██
██
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀

▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█▀▀███████████▀▀█▄▄
▄████▄▄███████████▄▄████▄
█████
███▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████
██▀▄██████▀████▄▀███████
███████▀▄█████▀ ▐█████▄▀███████
██  ███ ████▀   ▀▀█████ ███  ██
██████▄▀█████  ▄█████▀▄██████
██████▄▀███▌▄██████▀▄██████
██
██████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
▀█
███▀▀███████████▀▀████▀
▀▀█▄▄███████████▄▄█▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████

██████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
▀██
█████████▀   ▀███████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▀▀
..SPORTS  │  CASINO  │  ESPORTS..
..BET NOW..
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 06:31:13 PM

Don't post in Bitcoin Discussion or Economics

I'm wondering if this is universal advice or if you are suggesting this specifically to lower ranking members seeking to earn merit as the title suggests. Can you please clarify this for me? Bitcoin Discussion and Economics are some of my favorite boards, even if they're flooded with spam that I'm forced to avoid.

I would love to read them bud, but the Time/Effort=rewards do not add up.. I just cannot stand all that spammy shit.. Bitcoin great for me, my family best, when moon, BITCOIN FEED MY FAMILY...all that stuff just hurts my eyes bud, I am pretty sure no merit sources could go through 90% of the threads there.

bill gator
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:41:37 PM

This helps me understand your position a bit better. I personally hand out a decent amount of my sMerit in those boards, but I can certainly understand where you're coming from. It is really rare that I bump into high ranking members in these section that aren't spammers. I spend hours searching for good threads to post in, and usually it is just me giving a tip to a beginner anyways. The best threads from these boards that I have ever found are those that have been submitted to me within my "Review thread". I agree, it's probably a waste of time, but old habits die hard and I find gems occasionally. That stuff hurts my eyes too, but the mods have been kicking ass lately, so hopefully it doesn't remain like this for much longer.

▄█
   ▄██▌
 ▄████
▀▀▀█████▀
  ▐███▀
  ██▀
  ▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████
███████████████████
██████████
█████████████████████
██
██
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀

▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█▀▀███████████▀▀█▄▄
▄████▄▄███████████▄▄████▄
█████
███▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████
██▀▄██████▀████▄▀███████
███████▀▄█████▀ ▐█████▄▀███████
██  ███ ████▀   ▀▀█████ ███  ██
██████▄▀█████  ▄█████▀▄██████
██████▄▀███▌▄██████▀▄██████
██
██████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
▀█
███▀▀███████████▀▀████▀
▀▀█▄▄███████████▄▄█▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████

██████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██
█████████▀   ▀███████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▀▀
..SPORTS  │  CASINO  │  ESPORTS..
..BET NOW..
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 06:53:22 PM

This helps me understand your position a bit better. I personally hand out a decent amount of my sMerit in those boards, but I can certainly understand where you're coming from. It is really rare that I bump into high ranking members in these section that aren't spammers. I spend hours searching for good threads to post in, and usually it is just me giving a tip to a beginner anyways. The best threads from these boards that I have ever found are those that have been submitted to me within my "Review thread". I agree, it's probably a waste of time, but old habits die hard and I find gems occasionally. That stuff hurts my eyes too, but the mods have been kicking ass lately, so hopefully it doesn't remain like this for much longer.

if it changes I will 100% head there for a look again fella, its hard to hand out merits  although I am making an effort to reduce the merits I hand out in meta.

HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4316

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:50:11 AM

I would love to read them bud, but the Time/Effort=rewards do not add up.. I just cannot stand all that spammy shit.. Bitcoin great for me, my family best, when moon, BITCOIN FEED MY FAMILY...all that stuff just hurts my eyes bud, I am pretty sure no merit sources could go through 90% of the threads there.
if it changes I will 100% head there for a look again fella, its hard to hand out merits  although I am making an effort to reduce the merits I hand out in meta.
Amen to that... I even started stalking bill gator's "sMerit review" thread, hoping to find some merit worthy posts from outside of my usual subboards... Unfortunately, probably less than 5% of the posts that people put up for review in that thread should ever have been written... and of that 5%, maybe 5% of those deserve merit (in my opinion). Undecided

It's amazing what people think they might get merits for... I'm not sure if it is just sheer desperation to get those first 10 merits to get out of Jr. Member or what? Huh But after repeatedly telling people to stop posting in mega-threads... every other submission is post#324823642 in a 50+ page "Is bitcoin even real?" type thread Roll Eyes

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 08:57:48 AM

It's amazing what people think they might get merits for... I'm not sure if it is just sheer desperation to get those first 10 merits to get out of Jr. Member or what? Huh But after repeatedly telling people to stop posting in mega-threads... every other submission is post#324823642 in a 50+ page "Is bitcoin even real?" type thread Roll Eyes

It does take a lot of time to hunt for decent posts. At one stage, I was even considering giving up the hunt, and giving all my smerits to TMAN. Smiley However, I decided that it would be better for the forum if I tried to help people to improve their English. This is why I started the Fit to Talk English help project. I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that very few members are interested in this, despite the fact that lack of English skills seems to be considered as the primary reason for not being awarded merits. I'm starting to think that the main reason for the lack of interest is the fact that you can't spam your signature, and you can't earn any merits over there.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: