Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which of the following smart contracts platforms will thrive?
Ethereum
NEO
Cardano
Expanse
Qtum
Lisk
EOS
Zen Protocol
Rootstock
Ethereum Classic
Other (Please specify)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which smart contract platform will prevail?  (Read 179 times)
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:23:34 PM

ethereum remains the best, I'm sure they will not stay silent and give innovation to win the competition. it's just that in the future projects that use blockchain themselves that have smart contracts will be limited and have their own advantages and disadvantages. so depending on the interest we want to choose which one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TobiasVR

Activity: 626
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:32:54 PM

ethereum remains the best, I'm sure they will not stay silent and give innovation to win the competition. it's just that in the future projects that use blockchain themselves that have smart contracts will be limited and have their own advantages and disadvantages. so depending on the interest we want to choose which one.
I think ethereum is still going to be the best because now this smart contract ethereum is in use for various ico and has grown to be the best, if there is smart contract from other platform i think still below ethereum.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:56:21 AM

I think that Ethereum will be the leader, but something must be changed. Too many projects, too many tokens which nobody needs. I think that Ethereum will win this marathon because of developers and regular updates. Also community trusts Buterin and his network!

Agree. One of the best things that Ethereum has is a dedicated development team and a lot of support from its community, making it stand against many smart contract platforms in the market today. Perhaps, even after EOS is launched, Ethereum will remain in the lead as many dApps have already been established on it. Migrating current dApps into another platform like EOS might not seem the best way to go by developers as they would need to spend the same amount of time and effort they did with Ethereum.

But one thing for sure is that the competition becomes stronger as new smart contract platforms appear on the market. Therefore, it's only a matter of time before Ethereum maintains its current position in marketcap as alternative platforms will race to become the top smart contract platform in marketcap. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:53:12 PM

I checked ethereum because I believe for now, even though the bitcoin smart contracts did very well in the past, when they expired the price was greatly affected. With the ethereum blockchain protocol there is more potential, the contracts are still just starting out now. They will do the best, the smart contracts on ethereum will help to increase the value of the coin greatly.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:58:37 PM

I checked ethereum because I believe for now, even though the bitcoin smart contracts did very well in the past, when they expired the price was greatly affected. With the ethereum blockchain protocol there is more potential, the contracts are still just starting out now. They will do the best, the smart contracts on ethereum will help to increase the value of the coin greatly.

Agree. Ethereum is the holy grail for smart contracts, since it's considered the very "first" cryptocurrency which have brought the concept of smart contracts. Due to Bitcoin's limited scripting capabilities, it wasn't practical to use as a platform for smart contracts. Hence, after the appearance of Ethereum back in 2015, many smart contracts were developed providing many uses to the mainstream world such as tokens, DAOs, dApps, and more. Until today, many startups and companies launch their ICOs on the Ethereum blockchain because they rely on it. Ethereum has been tried and tested many times, which will become a strong platform for smart contracts in the future.

Even if many competitors like NEO, Cardano, and EOS have emerged, I think that they won't be able to overcome Ethereum easily since the original smart contract platform has first mover advantage. Many dApps has been developed on Ethereum, and even if it's experiencing issues with scalability in the moment, it will be much faster and cheaper in the future. Therefore, only time will tell us whenever the market chooses Ethereum as the top smart contract platform in marketcap, or another alternative platform becomes extremely popular taking Ethereum's place as the second largest cryptocurrency by marketcap. Such situation will determine which platform will prevail in the future. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:05:15 PM

I think that the smart contracts on Ethereum and Neo are already thriving. I think the next will be EOS

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:17:32 PM

I think that the smart contracts on Ethereum and Neo are already thriving. I think the next will be EOS

Agree. Ethereum and NEO are very strong smart contract platforms, but with the inception of EOS, things will become very troublesome for the leading smart contract platforms we know and love today. Since EOS provides unparalleled scalability, and zero fees, I believe that it would become adopted at a greater level than ETH and NEO for smart contracts in the mainstream world. However, even if this happens, I still think that ETH will remain as the second largest cryptocurrency in market cap, since it has first-mover advantage.

In the end, it's only a matter of choice and adoption within people across the world, to determine which smart contract platform will prevail in the future. The one that has constant development and innovation, a strong community, and huge support from companies/startups worldwide, will most likely succeed over the long term. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: