Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible that he is Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 6180 times)
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 08:51:20 AM

All we are Satoshi Nakamoto
wrong! we all could be Satoshi Nakamoto.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RaTTuS

Activity: 792

Bite me

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 08:57:56 AM

but only if we have the private key Wink

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 08:59:38 AM

true. the only proof that he is Satoshi Nakamoto, is if he haves the private key from block 1.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
GideonGono

Activity: 1988
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 09:13:25 AM

I doubt this guy is at all involved in bitcoin. he already has the SS on his ass.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
vector76

Activity: 70
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 09:44:29 AM

All we are Satoshi Nakamoto
...just not all at the same time.   Wink
Rob Lister

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 11:55:36 AM

The article certainly illustrates why Satoshi chooses to remain anonymous.   

This quote from the article was interesting:
When authorities monitored the criminals’ communications, they discovered that E-Gold was among the carders’ preferred money-transfer methods, because the system allowed users to open accounts and transfer funds anonymously anywhere in the world.

This is why bitcoin will eventually be a target...assuming the user-volume rises above its current noise floor.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 12:03:53 PM

When authorities monitored the criminals’ communications, they discovered that E-Gold was among the carders’ preferred money-transfer methods, because the system allowed users to open accounts and transfer funds anonymously anywhere in the world.

This is why bitcoin will eventually be a target...assuming the user-volume rises above its current noise floor.
and how would they hurt us? just asking... freeze all bitcoins?

Rob Lister

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 12:15:39 PM

There are a myriad of ways an entity with the resources of a nation-state can hurt bitcoin, even destroy it for all practical purposes.  Will they?  I think they will if it gets on their radar as anything other than a momentary blip.  To what extent will they go after it?  To whatever extent is necessary to remove the threat they think it poses to them.

From the article:
When the Shadowcrew investigation wrapped in October 2004 with the shuttering of the site — and the arrest of more than a dozen members — the Justice Department turned its sights on E-Gold. Its goal was to force the service to comply with regulations governing money-transmitting services like Western Union and Travelex. Federal regulations required those businesses to register with the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), to be licensed in states that required it, to diligently authenticate the identity of customers and to file suspicious activity reports on shady-looking customers. But E-Gold wasn’t doing this.

This represents the nut of it.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 12:23:58 PM

There are a myriad of ways an entity with the resources of a nation-state can hurt bitcoin, even destroy it for all practical purposes.  Will they?  I think they will if it gets on their radar as anything other than a momentary blip.  To what extent will they go after it?  To whatever extent is necessary to remove the threat they think it poses to them.

From the article:
When the Shadowcrew investigation wrapped in October 2004 with the shuttering of the site — and the arrest of more than a dozen members — the Justice Department turned its sights on E-Gold. Its goal was to force the service to comply with regulations governing money-transmitting services like Western Union and Travelex. Federal regulations required those businesses to register with the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), to be licensed in states that required it, to diligently authenticate the identity of customers and to file suspicious activity reports on shady-looking customers. But E-Gold wasn’t doing this.

so they will just say: bitcoins are illegal.
know what i would say: FUCK YOU. i live in europe, you can't touch me, im behind 5 proxys.

the main diffrences between bitcoin and e-gold is that bitcoin is decentralized, and backed by nothing.

Rob Lister

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 12:33:06 PM

From the article:

so they will just say: bitcoins are illegal.
know what i would say: FUCK YOU. i live in europe, you can't touch me, im behind 5 proxys.

the main diffrences between bitcoin and e-gold is that bitcoin is decentralized, and backed by nothing.

They could do exactly that, and other things as well.  They could get the EU to pass similar laws, and EU would do it; they have anti-money-laundering interests too.  They can target the BTC/$ interfaces (the exchanges).  They can devote very significant CPU time to screwing with the bitcoin validation process.  These are just a few of the things they could do.  I'm sure their are tons more.

In short, while they can't really kill the underlying bitcoin algorithm, they can certainly apply enough leverage to destroy it's perceived value; destroy the 'general' confidence in the system, thus making the trade value zilch...or close enough to zilch so its not a threat.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 12:44:44 PM

They could get the EU to pass similar laws, and EU would do it; they have anti-money-laundering interests too.
true. but im still behind 5 proxys. and you can't really not stop innovation.

They can target the BTC/$ interfaces (the exchanges).
sure they can, but only the ones in the states. mtgox is in japan.

They can devote very significant CPU time to screwing with the bitcoin validation process.
no. fallacy. the governments could *maybe* perform double spending, they could not create new coins, or use mine coins, or destroy mine coins. or do anything that would screw with my coins. to perform double spending, they would also need to isolate the node the want to double spend with.

In short, while they can't really kill the underlying bitcoin algorithm, they can certainly apply enough leverage to destroy it's perceived value; destroy the 'general' confidence in the system, thus making the trade value zilch...or close enough to zilch so its not a threat.
they can not destroy my confidence in the system. i could still use it.

Rob Lister

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 12:50:50 PM

They could get the EU to pass similar laws, and EU would do it; they have anti-money-laundering interests too.

They can devote very significant CPU time to screwing with the bitcoin validation process.
no. fallacy. the governments could *maybe* perform double spending, they could not create new coins, or use mine coins, or destroy mine coins. or do anything that would screw with my coins. to perform double spending, they would also need to isolate the node the want to double spend with.

This isn't about you.  It isn't [wouldn't be] about YOUR confidence in the system.  It doesn't matter how many proxies you're behind, and I honestly don't know what that has to do with anything.  They're not targeting YOU.  Their goal would be to destroy 'general' confidence in the system and destroy the trade value. 
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:02:21 PM

This isn't about you.  It isn't [wouldn't be] about YOUR confidence in the system.  It doesn't matter how many proxies you're behind, and I honestly don't know what that has to do with anything.  They're not targeting YOU.  Their goal would be to destroy 'general' confidence in the system and destroy the trade value. 
i know its not about me.but if I and other people are using the currency, and giving it value. there is nothing they can do about it. i can trade anonymously on slikroad if i like, they can't trace me.

Rob Lister

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:08:38 PM

i know its not about me.but if I and other people are using the currency, and giving it value. there is nothing they can do about it. i can trade anonymously on slikroad if i like, they can't trace me.
You say you know it's not about YOU but then you talk exclusively about YOU.  While it has some novelty value, like Pet Rocks, its real value is in its utility, current and potential.  That's what they'll target.  Kill its utility and you kill its value.  What good are your BTC holdings if they trade at a penny per coin?
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:14:36 PM

You say you know it's not about YOU but then you talk exclusively about YOU.  While it has some novelty value, like Pet Rocks, its real value is in its utility, current and potential.  That's what they'll target.  Kill its utility and you kill its value.  What good are your BTC holdings if they trade at a penny per coin?
well if i buy 100000 of them, is would have the same value are $1000. and i could go buy drugs anonymously.
and no im not only talking about ME, i do need some people to trade with, and im sure there will be some.
thats why i said
I and other people are using the currency

it does not matter how many there is using it. only that there are more then one.

Rob Lister

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:17:02 PM

well if i buy 100000 of them, is would have the same value are $1000. and i could go buy drugs anonymously.
and no im not only talking about ME, i do need some people to trade with, and im sure there will be some.
thats why i said

it does not matter how many there is using it. only that there are more then one.

OK, but when that happens, it is no longer a threat.  They 'win'.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:23:44 PM

thats why i said

OK, but when that happens, it is no longer a threat.  They 'win'.
i don't see any difference. i get to use bitcoin as a currency, im happy, and i will try to get more people to use it.
they cannot 'win'. simply not possible.

benkebab

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 02:08:47 PM

Let's say all governments team up against Bitcoin since it can be used for illegal transactions.

All exchange website and all businesses accepting Bitcoins are sued and therefore have to close or survive hidden.

What would you do with a currency that you can only get by "mining" and buy nothing legal with it? I'm not even talking about the trust issues and their effect on btc price. That's maybe not a "win" to you, but it's pretty close...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 02:16:57 PM

true. the only proof that he is Satoshi Nakamoto, is if he haves the private key from block 1.

"...if he haves the private key from block 1." ...and is kept in a purse over at Cell Block H.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 02:17:43 PM

Let's say all governments team up against Bitcoin since it can be used for illegal transactions.
not gonna happen.

All exchange website and all businesses accepting Bitcoins are sued and therefore have to close or survive hidden.
not gonna happen either. silkroad is anonymous, therefor it can't be shutdown.

What would you do with a currency that you can only get by "mining" and buy nothing legal with it?
is this fictive scenario, i would buy illegal things. or use bitcoin as a friend2friend currency.
two friends could sell stuff to each other with bitcoin, it does not make the things illegal that they are trading.
and i would be able to exchange my bitcoins to a local currency, i would just need to find someone that is using it.

and i don't even think that there is something that is illegal all around the world.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: