Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency  (Read 7186 times)
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:37:34 PM

I don't agree with you that bitcoin failed as a currency it's been long years that people still use bitcoin as a virtual currency like paying bills, transfer funds, buying items online and even in japan accept bitcoin as a currency.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
3angel84

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:05:42 PM

Yes,of course,this is our goal that bitcoin will become successful to be the currency in the future,we're still on the process,we're still on doing our mission as part of this community so,we will not lose hope that evrything will come base on what is on plan.
Agapelove

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:09:32 PM

I think people are just using Bitcoin at its full potential, they're just using the best of both worlds. I think its good that people are using Bitcoin for various reasons, maybe its currency or as investment. But for your concern, I think if Bitcoin goes steady more people would be willing to use it as a currency and be willing to buy and sell using it.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:21:31 PM

bitcoin is not an offline currency like fiat money as a real means of payment, but a digital currency and will remain as a digital currency.
so I think bitcoin does not fail as currency and I do not understand why you say bitcoin fails as currency
chistiy

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:17:07 PM

I think Bitcoin did not fail as a currency, bitcoin can never fail now or tomorrow. It is unlikely that bitcoin will collapse in the foreseeable future. The red market is just for s while, bitcoin is the giant of all cryptoworld.
Syunusa

Activity: 303

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:44:40 PM

Bitcoin did not fail as cryptocurrency. As we all know Many organisations have started accepted bitcoin as means of payment and many consumers are happy paying for goods and services with bitcoin. In my opinion, bitcoin can be used for payment and can also serve as an investment
Debu

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:00:04 PM

:)I think Bitcoin did not fail as a currency. Bitcoin can be used for payment and can also be serving as an investment purpose. People are still using bitcoin as a virtual currency like paying bills, transfer funds, buying items online. In-fact Japan accept bitcoin as a currency.
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:06:00 PM

Bitcoin still won't considered as fizzled considering the way that it is additionally at the beginning period of overcoming the world. Despite the fact that its fundamental reason presently is to be a venture and not a money, it is as yet supportive to the general population and that is a decent point. A few nations advance bitcoin now, and its a decent begin. Sit tight for it.
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:08:16 PM

Many assume that we should take this opportunity, even if the price has fallen and it will rise again. Those who are investing now enjoy in the future. Income will come more or less and we will definitely get added value and bitcoin represents and forever can represent countries in the crypto world. Cool
Pistachiop

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:25:56 PM

Bitcoin Hs no failed as a currency just yet, there has been a lot of challenges facing Bitcoin yet it still has survived
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:28:29 PM

No it's NOT. In fact, it set the highest benchmark for another crypto to follow.
The main concern regarding Bitcoin is the scalability, therefore the (mass) adoption is bit slow.
However, once the LN is stable enough and able to solve the current issues, the mass adoption will just follow. It means that Bitcoin going to be HUGE!
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:47:34 PM

Of course, because bitcoin does not stand still, it is developing, increasingly introduced into the economy and all areas of our life. He just needs more time.
Pyr3x

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:54:23 PM

What makes you? It's just that bitcoin is not developing as fast as everyone expects, and we need a few years to use bitcoin as a currency has become more popular and relevant.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:17:55 PM

We can't say this thing right now because the future are still bright with bitcoin. Yeah, for now a lot of black propaganda just to ruins bitcoin reputation but I still believe in the future of this thing, bitcoin will become a major currency in the future. This is just the beginning.

There are many issues that ruin the reputation of bitcoin but i still believe in bitcoin that it will recover and will remain the best in crypto currency.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:22:24 PM

I don't agree with you that bitcoin failed as a currency it's been long years that people still use bitcoin as a virtual currency like paying bills, transfer funds, buying items online and even in japan accept bitcoin as a currency.
OP is right in some sense though, more people are now deciding to hold their bitcoins rather than using it to make payments as it used to be sometime ago. The previous issue of high fees definitely attributed to that as well. Bitcoins is now more like an investment asset rather than a currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Analea1

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:26:52 PM

Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

i think bitcoin didn't failed as a currency   it can be used for a payment and investment.it set higher benchmark for another crypto to follow.bitcoin will survive as a currency.
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:38:01 PM

Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

The double-nature of bitcoin was always argued about but personally, I think bitcoin never failed in both purposes. Bitcoin is still used as a "currency" but not in the way we see as fiat. Fiat are used commonly to buy almost everything in the market and function as a currency. Bitcoin does this too but is limited to online transactions and few establishments and companies that accepts them.
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:42:50 PM

Most people really overlooked that bitcoin is still a currency because they earn money from its investments ( not just bitcoin, but also almost all cryptos ). But I still believe that in time, cryptos will receive the recognition as a currency it deserves. Hopefully, the number of  industries that accepts cryptos will increase further and help improve our economy.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:14:27 PM

We all know that bitcoin is more than just a currency, it is a potential investment and many take the opportunity in this business. Even though many see it more as an asset, I still want bitcoin to be more common currency. I am happy whenever I see or heard stories of hotels and establishments that accepts bitcoin. Hopefully their number will increase in the market.
Elmer1

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:23:23 PM

We all know that bitcoin is more than just a currency, it is a potential investment and many take the opportunity in this business . Bitcoin is still used as a "currency" but not in the way we see as fiat. Fiat are used commonly to buy almost everything in the market and function as a currency. It's just that bitcoin is not developing as fast as everyone expects, and we need a few years to use bitcoin as a currency has become more popular and relevant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: