Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:44:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese fuels BTC  (Read 2223 times)
TradeAnalyst (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:58:29 PM

An opinion :

Someone suggested that maybe the Chinese government was actually behind the creation of Bitcoin, and that Satoshi Nakamoto, the unknown inventor of Bitcoin, is actually a pseudonym of a secret department of the Chinese government. Satoshi Nakamoto is estimated to hold about 12% of the bitcoins in existence.

Chinese TV keeps saying nice things about Bitcoin, which implies that its government does not disapprove of its citizens owning them. Chinese citizens seem to be investing in them, as demand in China has driven much of the recent price run up.

Certainly the Chinese want to see the end of the U.S. dollar as the world's reserve currency, but their problem is that they hold too much U.S. debt. Bitcoin could be their way out of the quandry.

Perhaps their plan is to accumulate a huge stake in Bitcoin while the prices are still low, and when the U.S. dollar starts to crash, they might simply switch to Bitcoin and encourage the rest of the world to follow. That would accomplish one of the greatest transfers of wealth in the history of mankind!

Is it possible that the Chinese government is just that clever?

Un problème avec votre chien? A issue with you dog ? I can help you just pm me
BTC: 1P5fJeMTbgSHyrjx2gCaovVvDgrWeKFPz2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rayfloyd

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:24:13 PM

USA dies in a fiery ball and China shall rise victorious of the economic system. That might be our future.

eindbaas

Activity: 70

umad?

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:47:01 PM

I love chinese food. wait wut ?
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:55:01 PM

Hear me now, believe me later...

China is most certainly going to be the fuel driving the bitcoin market for the next few years.

China sees Bitcoin as a queen on the chess board, eventually subverting the dollar, and doing away with the inflation tax they pay to the federal reserve each time they buy energy or commodities.

eindbaas

Activity: 70

umad?

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:57:30 PM

fuck murica.
I <3 China
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 09:16:57 PM

An opinion :

Someone suggested that maybe the Chinese government was actually behind the creation of Bitcoin, and that Satoshi Nakamoto, the unknown inventor of Bitcoin, is actually a pseudonym of a secret department of the Chinese government. Satoshi Nakamoto is estimated to hold about 12% of the bitcoins in existence.

Unlikely, the Chinese government would never come up with a Japanese name for their project if that was the case.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:45:46 PM

Looks like the current move of BTC above its exponential trendline may be the expectation China is embracing Bitcoin.

I don't think so. Baidu only accepted Bitcoin for a miniscule portion of its business-- security services.

China crushed QQ when it reached 13% of the cash market as it was threatening the stability of their FX controls and their highly imbalanced economic model (see mpettis.com).

There is no way China can allow an unrestrained growth of Bitcoin, as it would crash their economy which is reliant on the imbalanced model.

Once the market figures this out, we should get a crash in Bitcoin back below trendline again.

Speculators always end up at 0 again. Always. Even the greats such as Jesse Livermore died penniless.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:53:16 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 12:03:51 AM by notthematrix

You will be suprised I think EVREYBODY want the dollar to die...
is a distructive system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfzQzGNYaiU , evrybody knows , the inflation is like the imposible hamster,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqwd_u6HkMo evrybody knows that! , the problem is WHAT to do about it ,,, bitcoin can be a way out.
saving this place , saving our recources , make a economy were it is profitable to save recources instead of distroying them!
so who is bieind it , it does not matter , the intetion is clear.
stop central domination of money , to solve some real problems.
China knows there is one thing worse then loosing fiat money , that is running out of rescources!
oil coal , etc etc...
but even if china does , bitcoin will still be working , I had send a bitcoin to a friend when his country was offline , by a broken optic fiber , bitcoin nicely arived so there is no point like SR fall  Btc will restore.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Mondy

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:44:38 AM

woooo china bring us down to 200  Shocked

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:49:47 AM

Think about the population... $$$$.
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:06:35 AM

An opinion :

Unlikely, the Chinese government would never come up with a Japanese name for their project if that was the case.

Exactly.

That would be like the NSA creating Bitcoin with the name "Alexi Lenin" or something...

bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 03:09:36 AM

Is it possible that the Chinese government is just that clever?

If any government created bitcoin it would be Russia. Putin's been stockpiling on all the gold they could get their hands on. Also based on my experience I would say the Russians are much clever, especially in covert operations.

Then again the Chinese aren't dummies either. Wise to embrace open source technologies. I also see a different kind of work ethic and discipline in those people that you don't see in the US as often as you should.

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out. I carry a blank flag always.  Smiley
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:19:21 AM

I tend to agree the Chinese people need a new bubble to go into as their real-estate bubble may be coming to an end. And the large flaw of the Chinese is they love to hoard. They are known to count every penny like miser when they run a trading business.

So thus yes the ponzi bitCON fits them very well. Two peas in a pod.

But that doesn't mean China's government is sanctioning at some articles speculated. China can't lose control over Yuan FX too fast as their structural imbalances depend on it (read mpettis.com) and thus it will have to be managed. Expect China to step in and regulate when it reaches 15 - 25% of their cash economy as was case with QQ which they shutdown.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:42:18 AM

USA dies in a fiery ball and China shall rise victorious of the economic system. That might be our future.

a lot of fear mongers are saying that, but china is still way too behind the U.S. to take over.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:48:34 AM

It may be true that the chinese government sees bitcoin as a future reserve currency but a secret department called Satoshi Nakamoto...  I mean c'mon Embarrassed
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:38:08 AM

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/18/btc-china-series-a/

Nice article that covers some of these themes pretty well

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:39:44 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 09:38:12 AM by AnonyMint

a lot of fear mongers are saying that, but china is still way too behind the U.S. to take over.

As we are discussing in the similar thread topic over in Bitcoin Discussion subforum, this process of cyclical handoff from the west back to Asia will take 2 - 3 decades and the west won't fall all the way down, just as the UK has not been a bastion of poverty after the USA rose up.

Asia will rise because of high population and small government share of GDP, and its per-capita GDP will probably still be lower than the USA if including all the poorer countries in Asia.

USA will become #1 oil and gas producers in world (passing Russia) soon.

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:41:34 AM

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/18/btc-china-series-a/

Nice article that covers some of these themes pretty well

That is not China moving en masse, it is some entrepreneurs moving in.

Cross-linking to the similar thread over in Bitcoin Discussion:

See the cross-linked thread.

The entrepreneurs are moving in, doesn't mean the Communist Party agree. They let QQ grow until it his 13% of the cash market, then they took action.

I don't take issue with your other points. I am just saying don't think some Communist Party taipans are your friend. They are elite. Just like our elite. They are not your friend.

You should take the time to read my post about ponzi scheme. It will change your entire perspective on BitCON. Promise it is worth reading. Denial is not a rationale way to invest.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: