Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:23:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bears Bunker - Official thread  (Read 12068 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:05:31 PM

Are you guys going to have a bear party if the price tanks before it hits 1000usd?

Proudhons 10dollar celebration?

Tongue

Proudhon will sing his song!
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 11:05:41 PM

Proudhon turned bullish after we dumped to fifty. Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
mootinator

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:05:52 PM

noways it stabilizes here. It must go over $1000 tomorrow to keep this momentum or it will implode back on itself.

You do realize the Chinese don't care about whether it goes over $1000 or not?

No
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:06:10 PM

I'm truly devoted, but if the fucking Bitcoin Foundation is going to cooperate with the US government to regulate Bitcoin and try to stop the implementation of ZeroCoin or CoinJoin then I say good bye!  Undecided

Changing Bitcoin protocol by Bitcoin Foundation to regulate Bitcoin would mean forked blockchain, and existence of two Bitcoins alongside. This would be scary

yo
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:06:19 PM

A 12k dump (big whale) would immediately crash the price to 400$.
IMO it's only a matter of time until a big whale decides that he can't sell all his coins without dumping.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:06:27 PM

How odd. I'm getting a very different result.

First, we're looking at $ volume, right? Otherwise we would have to pretend that trading 1 btc for 200$ is equivalent to trading 1 btc for 500, 600$.

You you be doing it all wrong, in conventional technical analysis you look at ordinary volume, not dollar volume. with dollar volume you mix up two different data sets, i.e. price and volume. open any technical analysis textbook and you will find price and ORDINARY volume charts. dollar volume is usually only mentioned briefly if at all. believes me i read too many of those books over past 20 years.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:07:34 PM

I'm truly devoted, but if the fucking Bitcoin Foundation is going to cooperate with the US government to regulate Bitcoin and try to stop the implementation of ZeroCoin or CoinJoin then I say good bye!  Undecided

Changing Bitcoin protocol by Bitcoin Foundation to regulate Bitcoin would mean forked blockchain, and existence of two Bitcoins alongside. This would be scary

Depending on who would win. I believe BitcoinREGULATED won't be worth much. "Bitcoin - There can be only one" on the other hand ...
jasonjm

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 11:10:40 PM

noways it stabilizes here. It must go over $1000 tomorrow to keep this momentum or it will implode back on itself.

You do realize the Chinese don't care about whether it goes over $1000 or not?

yeah then put the number in yuan.

it has to keep moving up on all exchanges, it cannot pause or stabilize. its up or down, no sideways

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 11:13:28 PM

Actually, I disagree. A strong bull run/bubble can only work with periodic corrections to rewater the tree of sober investing Grin, q.v. bitcoin in April through June 2011.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
pera (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:34:49 PM

[...]

Depending on who would win. I believe BitcoinREGULATED won't be worth much. "Bitcoin - There can be only one" on the other hand ...

How many "investors" believes in Bitcoin as a cypherpunk project? this is not about the original purpose of bitcoin anymore, this is about making tons of fiat

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
pera (OP)

­バカ

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:41:28 PM

Does anyone realized that China almost doubled the price in just 26hs ?

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:43:03 PM

Does anyone realized that China almost duplicated the price in just 26hs ?

Duplicated?
barbs

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:44:07 PM

You mean doubled?
pera (OP)

­バカ

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:44:54 PM

You mean doubled?
thanks Smiley

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:47:22 PM

First, we're looking at $ volume, right? Otherwise we would have to pretend that trading 1 btc for 200$ is equivalent to trading 1 btc for 500, 600$.

You you be doing it all wrong, in conventional technical analysis you look at ordinary volume, not dollar volume. with dollar volume you mix up two different data sets, i.e. price and volume. open any technical analysis textbook and you will find price and ORDINARY volume charts. dollar volume is usually only mentioned briefly if at all. believes me i read too many of those books over past 20 years.

Ah, I see. I forgot the ingenious "I read it in a book", no wait: "I read it in *many* books" defence.

You expressed concerns that this rally is running on low volume, a sign of divergence. That argument however assumes that you are concerned that not enough money is entering the market to sustain the rally. Hence, USD volume is the important factor here.

I'm not saying btc volume is never a useful metric, I'm not saying this rally will "go to the moon", but I *am* saying that if you seriously believe that after a 50-fold price increase since January we must have the same btc volume to sustain a rally, or at the very least: sustain the gains we made, you'd probably  be wrong

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
SuperHakka

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:54:22 PM

Ah, I see. I forgot the ingenious "I read it in a book", no wait: "I read it in *many* books" defence.

You expressed concerns that this rally is running on low volume, a sign of divergence. That argument however assumes that you are concerned that not enough money is entering the market to sustain the rally. Hence, USD volume is the important factor here.

I'm not saying btc volume is never a useful metric, I'm not saying this rally will "go to the moon", but I *am* saying that if you seriously believe that after a 50-fold price increase since January we must have the same btc volume to sustain a rally, or at the very least: sustain the gains we made, you'd probably  be wrong

that's rubbish what you said isn't it? if you believe that the market price at any time is the correct price than it shouldn't matter what the price is when something is sold, it's just the quantity that matters. if wot you say is true, then say in the extreme case all sellers pulled out the market bar one sell order of 1 btc @ 10 trillion USD and some eejit buys it at 10 tr USD, then your dollar volume suddently becomes 10 trillion USD isn't it. the volume would be 1 though and most technical anyslst would say that this is no trend at all!

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
SuperHakka

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:15:19 AM

A 12k dump (big whale) would immediately crash the price to 400$.
IMO it's only a matter of time until a big whale decides that he can't sell all his coins without dumping.

that's right but a sequence of smaller dumps of say 2k each means we will get to 400$ quicker because as soon as the price begins to substantially move downwards, a lot of those buy orders are going to get cancelled by people changing their minds and who don't want to catch a falling knife.

eindbaas

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:16:13 AM

Sold out 15 bitcoins for my job. Cant risk that.
still 5 left wich I will hold for ever.
Bought 680 litecoins for fun. Will buy more bitcoins after the crash? If it doenst crash i'm happy for you guys. I made a ton of money i'm happy.
davider

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 10:00:21 AM

I feel comfortable in the bears bunker. What about you?
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:10:55 AM

I feel comfortable in the bears bunker. What about you?
I don't really feel comfortable but since I sold I feel like it's where I belong for now  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: