Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:21:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [unlock] account locked due to database leak  (Read 268 times)
NghtRpprBTC (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:40:46 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 05:16:24 PM by NghtRpprBTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=369

I still have access to my email address. My password was very strong. I just need it unlocked.

EDIT: Removed irrelevant information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:53:29 PM

usually there is an email address listed on that locked notification page, try emailing theymos thru that
you can also pm Cyrus or one of the global moderators on this forum
if it's a simple lockout condition, they usually can help you unlock it without much problems

NghtRpprBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:22:09 PM

I sent the email about a month ago and waited to see if I got a response because I know they are busy. I just messaged Cyrus. Hopefully, I'll get a response. Thanks for your suggestion.
NghtRpprBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:15:11 PM

I'm still waiting on this.
NghtRpprBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:24:45 PM

I'm still waiting.
CoinLov3r

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Truth wins inevitably.

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:46:26 PM

I'm still waiting.
You can try PMing hilariousandco.He can unlock account too but can not restore hacked account.
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 07:53:44 PM

You will need to follow the directions in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

If you need help signing a message, check here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

You will need to go back through your "last posts of this person" to find a post where you posted a BTC/ALT address.
That needs to be the address that you sign your message from. They use it to verify your ownership.

Goodluck!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
NghtRpprBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:50:43 PM

I shouldn't need to sign anything because my account wasn't hacked. I still know my password. I still have access to my email address. I just need someone to unlock my account.
NghtRpprBTC (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:48:31 PM

I am still waiting on this. Any other ideas on who to PM? No response from anyone so far.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:11:21 PM

I shouldn't need to sign anything because my account wasn't hacked. I still know my password. I still have access to my email address. I just need someone to unlock my account.

The recovery process is the same and proof is required. Email accounts are often sold with account.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:29:03 PM

In 2015, there was a database leak, and many accounts got hacked. Those that didn't, got locked. You will STILL need to provide proof YOU are the actual owner of the account. You WILL need to sign a signature to do that. You are not the first person who had to do this. If you want the account back, this is THE ONLY WAY to do so.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
NghtRpprBTC (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:47:53 AM

Where does it say that? The instructions in the ban message don't say anything about that. I think you're mistaken. Please link me to an official message if you are sure you're correct.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:15:43 AM

Where does it say that? The instructions in the ban message don't say anything about that. I think you're mistaken. Please link me to an official message if you are sure you're correct.

I'm not mistaken. I already linked what you need to do, to get access to your account. I was here in 2015, and had to do it myself. If you don't want help, I'll stop replying.  Goodluck.

NghtRpprBTC (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:55:19 AM

The thread you linked to is for people that can't reset their password via the email address associated with their forum account. I could do that if I needed to because I do still have access to the email address associated with my forum account. However, I don't need to reset my password. I know my password.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 01:20:26 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 01:45:20 PM by Shazam!!!

The thread you linked to is for people that can't reset their password via the email address associated with their forum account. I could do that if I needed to because I do still have access to the email address associated with my forum account. However, I don't need to reset my password. I know my password.

Look. I completely understand how confusing, and frustrating this situation is. I know because I had to do the same EXACT thing. I still had my password too. Thousands of accounts got locked. They were locked to protect users from getting their accounts Hacked/Stolen, from the database PASSWORD leak. This thread is a result from the leak:

Tomatocage's stake thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.0

Now, take a look through the Meta section. Ignore the spammy merit posts, and you'll see, dozens of posts regarding Hacked or Stolen accounts. People STEAL accounts here, for the sake of making money, and it's a Cancer in this forum. It happens everyday.

In order to get ANY admin or mods to help you, proof of ownership is going to be required. Regardless of the fact, that your account wasn't hacked or stolen.  

Edit: Also, that account was last active: May 27, 2018, 09:56:19 PM. Which was YESTERDAY.

Here is the last post of an address:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83502.msg932657#msg932657

This is the address:
1AQSjEjzAPRRRCsiZA8Qr5ynwXurgwFYMT

Sign a message with this address and post it here to be verified. Leave out the email.

Ex: this is xxxxx from the forum and my account is locked. Can you please unlock it?

NghtRpprBTC (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:07:08 PM

Unless you can provide an official statement that it's required for a locked account to do that then I will remain skeptical.

The account was last active yesterday because that's the last time I read the ban message.
TheRealCashen

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:28:46 PM

Is this why / how my account was hacked?

This is my temp account but i want my old one back.

Cashen

For some reason all trust has been removed.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 10:01:35 PM

Unless you can provide an official statement that it's required for a locked account to do that then I will remain skeptical.

The account was last active yesterday because that's the last time I read the ban message.

I'm trying to help you, as I have a dozen or so people in this same situation. I don't have to provide anything. Be skeptical. I'm done. Goodluck!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: