Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:36:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there so many assholes in ICO industry?  (Read 495 times)
poutintsev (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 10:38:23 AM

Read full article:

https://medium.com/@filip.poutintsev/why-are-there-so-many-assholes-in-ico-industry-726260e3f272

Why is your though on this topic?

My trust score has been ruined by fake negative reviews by lying users. Click on my "trust" and then "reference" to see for what exactly I got them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dark_lord

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:07:40 PM

One word answer: Money! 
Well said, there are assholes and therefore whatever they do (e.g. ICOs) is a scam. Unfortunately they are trashing and holding people back from exploring this new technology and the power crypto could bring to most societies. As anything else that has happened, through mistakes mankind will learn. The rough way. 
Also a lot of anxiety is revealed by those who trash it on social media channels. It takes a lot of uncertainty in your life to talk non sense about something you don’t own or know about. 
Thank you for your thoughts. Much appreciated.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:16:50 PM

One word answer: Money! 
Lol of course all about money. How so many incompetence person are thinking about how to raised money as fast as possible to increase their live. Just like how kid tries to create an ico with nonsense business plan.
Not only scam icos but remember more and more ponzi tokens were appearing.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:19:10 PM

Everyone wants to earn free money. So is assholes. Its our responsibility to not get hijacked by them and lose money. When selecting ICO put very good time to search all the facts about it

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
ciciliacrypto

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:20:51 PM

cos the are lots of assholes in the world and the ICO inculcates the world,standards are different depending where u come from(like behavioral patterns).
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

The same reasons there are many assholes and idiots on this board... money makes people lose morality.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:33:57 PM

"But what ICO is industry is really fool of are assholes. "  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh

"Assholeness of ICO world is strongly connected to all ICO scam"

I don't know if I really want to read further into it as this writer clearly lacks basic knowledge of the language he chose to write in. He also seems to be in love with the word "asshole" for some reason..  Huh

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 12:41:57 PM

Of course, the situation with deceptions and false projects in ICO has spread, people are only interested in money and how to take possession of them ignoring the morality and the best human qualities, I would like to hear from the author the names of projects and managers with whom he faced, all around talking about the scams but no one calls real names.....Huh
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:45:15 PM

The assholes see ico as new grounds to cheat investors. Meanwhile , anywhere you have exchange of money for something, you also expect scammers around too.
noriksiayol

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:48:49 PM

Although there's a lot of hackers and scammers in ICO but still a lots of people who really join and adopt ICO it simply because of the good future income, and as what seen in ICO there's a lots of group also who offers good future income and they are like a group of competitors, and even we are all here working in crypto business but still we are also like a competitors, competing our ability and idea on how to earn more money.
DennisCyptoFun

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:00:42 PM

Initially, the ICO came out only geeks who were passionate about cryptocurrencies. Realizing how it works, they represented really worthwhile projects that grew in price. The majority of investors invested money in all announced projects, receiving relative profit from each project. Such indiscretion quickly took advantage of fraudsters who can promise even better than geeks.
xda-developer

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:03:34 PM

ICO it is the way to become rich in a short time, doing almost nothing and avoiding prison.
This is a new method in attracting money from the people. Of course this does not apply to all projects, but unfortunately to many of them.

StaubeS

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:05:37 PM

Over 80% of ICO's are either scams, or dead projects. They bring in all sorts of idiots and assholes, personally I stay away from ICO's, but that doesn't mean that money can't be made from them.
jmalkovich

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:09:32 PM

Because there are too many people who do not do research when they invest, this is a natural consequence. I am not a proffessional on detecting scams but some of them are too obvious.

retail.global

◣  FACEBOOK
◣  TWITTER
◣  TELEGRAM
◣  MEDIUM
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:26:49 PM

There are assholes everywhere, not just in crypto or in ICOs. Sadly, this is part of life and the key is dealing with these assholes gracefully.

If you are investing in ICOs a good measure would be to avoid coins that have asshole teams. Take for example SafeDroid who "faked" an exit scam. Sheesh.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Yudhis23

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:31:48 PM

simple, why do many bastards in the ico industry? because of the money!
the more profits in a thing, the more criminals and bastards in it.
because the ico industry will grow in the future, be careful before plunging in it.
Xmm

Activity: 440
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:32:43 PM

Wherever money turns, there is an ass. And such a fertile soil as crypto currency is very good for this! Therefore, one should not be surprised. I think that while the ending of this is not yet visible. On the contrary, even everything will develop even more and we will see many more fraudulent projects and deceived people!

BenjaminFranklingwould

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:39:09 PM

Most of newcomers are here because of money. But earning money it is not the point of the decentralization. We all need more fair governance of big systems like corporations as well as governance of social programs in our countries, cities and neighborhoods. We can control some of them by smart contracts but a lot of choices will need more human decisions and wee need the platforms for that. Or at least a little more attention from the centralized regulators for the ICOs.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:43:11 PM

Wherever money turns, there is an ass. And such a fertile soil as crypto currency is very good for this! Therefore, one should not be surprised. I think that while the ending of this is not yet visible. On the contrary, even everything will develop even more and we will see many more fraudulent projects and deceived people!
In my own view, it is because everyone wants to have some free money. Who wouldn't? Lol. But I think before selecting ICO we need to do a good research for us to be aware and for us to know all the facts and not to get tricked by those assholes. We all know that money can turn a normal person into an assholes. Poor morality.
Clos Belmont ICO

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 01:45:42 PM

I invested in Bank4YOU Group ICO. They have a good idea and strong team. I received my BEEFY tokens and I hope after big announcement price will go up!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: