Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:31:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I know very few people here really care...  (Read 4174 times)
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:24:35 PM

I'm sure we're going to have a major correction at some point, but it won't destroy bitcoin.

hmmm.. I dont expect a single BTC under 500 ever !

In month to comes, pricing will switch to mBTC everywhere, and the wheel will continu to climb the hill.. inevitable it is Smiley
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:31:39 PM

After seeing so many people disagree, I just wanted to say I agree with the OP. Those who were here in 2011 saw a quick bust of a bubble. That is not the time-scale it usually happens on, and it already dealt quite some damage. A long bust of a speculative mania can be quite destructive.

But if it is about ideology, there's not much reason to be distressed by this. Bitcoin is just a tool, replaceable and one of many potential solutions. If it really is superior, it will survive anyway. If not, chances are it wasn't fit for the job in the first place. Time will tell, but one way or another, it is just one of many battles against insane financial policy. And Bitcoin alone can't win that war anyway.

Also, sane policies would render Bitcoin entirely redundant. Value can be stored in gold and cheaply transferred via banking -- at a better computational order than Bitcoin offers. If the efficient combination of the two classic methods weren't suppressed, Bitcoin could hardly compete.

So don't fret; let's enjoy the show and be curious how it turns out in the end.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:32:26 PM

If you see the Chinese investments in buildings, then you may see clear of Chinese madness.

May I add : Chineese are being told by their govt that BTC are good, and this same govt invite their citizen to pile BTC for savings.. My guess, within a year, maybe a bit more, China will own more than 25% of existing BTC and the China govt will call "We no more trade in USD for international trade, we now trade in Gold and Bitcoin"..

Just my guest

Dont forget that Chineese are buying for saving/speculation.. Arbitrage with other currency than Yen is quite difficult, as the chineese govt enforce strong capital control and it's really hard to move Yen outside of China.  So, China is pilling tons of BTC like they are pilling gold for more than a decade..

Imo, they already are the more powerfull economically, they keep good relation with US just because US is still the more powerfull on the millitary side !

challen

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:35:01 PM

...but this ridiculous price bubble will destroy Bitcoin and probably all other cryptocurrencies when it pops. For 99.99% of the Bitcoin community this is irrelevant as you are involved purely to profit, you have no ideological interest in the underlying concept, but for those who are genuinely interested in alternative currency models it's a pending disaster.

The speculators will move on when it crashes, the winners will take their winnings and the losers will lick their wounds. The people left behind who are ideologically invested and not just financially so will find they've been left salted earth.

I see. BTW, how has ripple been working out for you?
revans (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:12:01 PM

...but this ridiculous price bubble will destroy Bitcoin and probably all other cryptocurrencies when it pops. For 99.99% of the Bitcoin community this is irrelevant as you are involved purely to profit, you have no ideological interest in the underlying concept, but for those who are genuinely interested in alternative currency models it's a pending disaster.

The speculators will move on when it crashes, the winners will take their winnings and the losers will lick their wounds. The people left behind who are ideologically invested and not just financially so will find they've been left salted earth.

I see. BTW, how has ripple been working out for you?

It's an interesting system, bit too early to say much more.
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:24:17 PM

I think you are going to be the first one to make it to my ignore list based on pure stupidity.

Usually it takes something rude, or dramatic, or obvious trolling, lies to manipulate the market etc.

I wish you well in the future...I hope you either find your personal footing in bitcoin or go away and stop dumbing down this forum with your posts.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:36:30 PM

Well, well what a surprise old 'revans' has popped his head up today.

Usually he only pops up on correction days to say 'told you so', then when it goings up again promptly disappears.  Cheesy

Regular as clockwork.  Cheesy

HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:52:18 PM

If you were invested for the idea and not the money, then you wouldn't care so much what the value was.

Many people here reading and researching how to make a quick buck, then pretend they are all about the concept.
revans (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:59:13 PM

Usually he only pops up on correction days to say 'told you so', then when it goings up again promptly disappears.  Cheesy

I've been posting fairly consistently, through rises and falls.
phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:18:53 PM

And boring as hell ... Roll Eyes
 'ignore' activated

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:05:26 PM

After seeing so many people disagree, I just wanted to say I agree with the OP. Those who were here in 2011 saw a quick bust of a bubble. That is not the time-scale it usually happens on, and it already dealt quite some damage. A long bust of a speculative mania can be quite destructive.

But if it is about ideology, there's not much reason to be distressed by this. Bitcoin is just a tool, replaceable and one of many potential solutions. If it really is superior, it will survive anyway. If not, chances are it wasn't fit for the job in the first place. Time will tell, but one way or another, it is just one of many battles against insane financial policy. And Bitcoin alone can't win that war anyway.

Also, sane policies would render Bitcoin entirely redundant. Value can be stored in gold and cheaply transferred via banking -- at a better computational order than Bitcoin offers. If the efficient combination of the two classic methods weren't suppressed, Bitcoin could hardly compete.

So don't fret; let's enjoy the show and be curious how it turns out in the end.

Ya'll better listen to this man. Vandroiy is a legend, he won a 5,000 BTC bet that pirate would go bust. FYI.

Wait, so your argument is only relevent to 0.001% of the bitcoin community, and yet its also a pending disaster? There's a contradiction in your logic..

You presume that the true "underlying concept" is a "genuine alternative currency model". I deduce that bitcoin's killer app is as a speculative investment vehicle (offshore tax-free) for gambling on price fluctuations.

If Bitcoin is to be a real currency its relative value to that which it seeks to supplant is irrelevant. The way for its value to grow is by providing value by becoming a ubiquitous medium of exchange. Indeed, that was the plan initially, then somewhere along the way that idea was ditched and the speculators moved in.

There was never a coherent plan initially. Gavin was the main guy promoting bitcoin as a payments currency and solution for merchants, pooh-poohing "buy low sell high". But the market has clearly chosen bitcoin based on a quite different value proposition.

Yep, that's exactly right.

Revans, I suggest you read this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1mb27q/bitcoins_vast_overvaluation_appears_caused_by/cc7i6y8

It lays it out quite nicely.

Good post, I pretty much agree.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: