Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION EVERYONE! MEW isn't safe to use right now.  (Read 414 times)
tatnM

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:01:24 PM

Hijack of Amazon’s internet domain service used to reroute web traffic for two hours unnoticed. Far the only known website to have traffic redirected was to MyEtherWallet.com, a cryptocurrency website. This traffic was redirected to a server hosted in Russia, which served the website using a fake certificate — they also stole the cryptocoins of customers.
Guli

Activity: 420
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:06:55 PM

#MEW there were news that the CSN was broken and you are redirected to a phishing site. We recommend that you do not use the MEV for a while, until the details are clarified. A source:https://www.reddit.com/r/MyEtherWallet/comments/8ek0jj/think_i_got_scammedphishedhacked/
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:07:53 PM

This topic is very hot on reddit but I think this time myetherwallet is normal again but seriously this makes me paranoid to use mew website. For now i think the safest way today is using a wallet hardware like trezor, btw its metamask its still safe to use?
farout

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:14:50 PM

Hot topic, everyone speaking on Reddit
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:15:48 PM

This topic is very hot on reddit but I think this time myetherwallet is normal again but seriously this makes me paranoid to use mew website. For now i think the safest way today is using a wallet hardware like trezor, btw its metamask its still safe to use?

Exactly, as I also heard this topic on Reddit and really makes us wonder upon the current situation on MEW. Technology once again tend to be outdated and hackers attack for stole the funds. But there is no news on the official site which indicates that company will try to recover the things as soon as possible and does n't create a situation of panic where everyone starts selling their funds, in way to save from stolen.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:16:39 PM

Exactly, as I also heard this topic on Reddit and really makes us wonder upon the current situation on MEW. Technology once again tend to be outdated and hackers attack for stole the funds. But there is no news on the official site which indicates that company will try to recover the things as soon as possible and does n't create a situation of panic where everyone starts selling their funds, in way to save from stolen.

But I thing that it is not good of not informing the users about the threat and they should have shutdown the server so hacker can not withdrew the coins
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:17:46 PM

according to a post on Reddit, it does say that the HTTPS certificate is invalid.
listen to that warning from your browser!

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:27:12 PM

Hey, I heard about the myetherwallet issue today and looked into that ethereum address.  It looks like it's connected with the Symmetry fund scam.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2480514.msg29148148#msg29148148   Hopefully this information is useful to catch these bastards. 
jamesndungu1

Merit: 25

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:34:26 PM

Shameful. How this useful site can get hacked?

Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8/ 8.4.4.8 )  Servers are resolving the domain to a bad server that can steal your keys.
fmboyzz

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:21:24 AM

Honestly though, what is even the point of crypto if you have to resort to storing it on a hardware wallet just to avoid being robbed blind? That is the same level of security and convenience as paper money, except paper money doesn't come with transaction fees and isn't at risk of going kaput when it gets near a magnet.
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:23:16 AM

Wow I was so afraid when I heard this news and I rushed to check my wallet balance on etherscan and thank God everything was and is intact. I heard it was a dns hack. MEW website itself does not store our tokens but gives us access to the Ethereum network. I think it's safer to use metamask or the offline version of MEW as suggested by OP

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Luntop

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:24:24 AM

I saw the news yesterday on the telegram ...Every day hackers become more and more sophisticated
Coingram

Activity: 295

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:31:47 AM

Wow, 85 ETH gone, really shocked me, If I have loosed such amount, next time I would be careful x10 times more. Thats sad to see such news, no one is in safe from being hijacked
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:48:45 AM

it is best not to use MEW at all, it is a web wallet and hacks like these will always happen or at least be a big risk. not to mention that when you are using these websites you are always online and being online means being at another risk of getting hacked and losing your money.

it is always best to use desktop wallets instead of web ones.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:53:09 AM

Is there any official news about that? Hope my funds are safe.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
kharismac999

Activity: 656
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:21:27 AM

Thankyou for information. Im using Imtoken for now. I think imtoken more safe right now. Just download on playstore.
CMIIW

lasry

Activity: 205

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:24:30 AM

Concerning with mew, they said hackers only stole some eths and not other coins, so for those with large amounts of eth better have a hardware wallet, better be safe. And I think mew is good now. I wonder if they really fixed it already

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Guli

Activity: 420
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:09:34 PM

Today I was able to go to MEW and even translated the broadcasts. So, you can breathe freely and continue to work. I hope that there will be no more such incidents)
Ninellechka

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:21:09 PM

I've always considered mew to be one of the safest online wallets. What a disappointment( Hope, they'll solve this problem and get back to normal work. All these online wallets are not 100% safe and can be hacked any time, unfortunately((

Mero Currency, The First Low Burn-Rate Deflationary Token
Alexandr Kirichenko

Merit: 100

Distributed Intelligent IoT Technology

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:25:54 PM

Thank you for warning! I will not today to make transfers from the wallet.
Read, that have them hacked DNS server.It puts us in danger.

It is better to wait for official news from the developers before continuing to use MEW

This is the second such attack by a hacker. This is of course not very happy. And don't even know what to do with it. As far as I know, even a hardware wallet will not help in this case

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: