Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:43:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why not to invest in bitcoin?  (Read 997 times)
bct-72

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:13:43 PM

The good reason why not invest in bitcoin is that it is very unstable and you can loose all your investition.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:19:35 PM

I think such a thread like these is not very usable for everyone who is invested in cryptocurrencies. Because the most people here are invested, so we should not make any bad publicity about it. SO instead of that, i personally would invest in any other altcoin then bitcoin. The reason is simple. BItcoin rised already a lot. So maybe it can make a 2/3x, but thats it. But other altcoins, they have more potential to make a 10x or a 100x. And thats what we all want. The most possible profit.
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:21:16 PM

So there has been a lot of hype about bitcoin lately and I know it is revolutionary and has lots of advantages. But let's try to state the reasons why exactly do you personally think that bitcoin is not great and lacks in some points. I know it has great applications and is just great but it is not falwless right?
My question is simple and straight, What are the flaws of bitcoin?
Except its high volatility and "Dark use" (in illegal activities).

I think, one of the current weaknesses of bitcoin is, Process transactions that take a long time.

The linear growth in the block chain that forms Bitcoin results in an exponential growth in the calculations required to process and verify transactions. Transactions that usually take 10 minutes now take hours.
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:56:32 PM

one of the serious problems of bitcoin lies in the fact that his safety now and in the future causes concern. One aspect of the security problem: the ability to attack existing networks that process transactions with bitcoin.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:58:00 PM

So there has been a lot of hype about bitcoin lately and I know it is revolutionary and has lots of advantages. But let's try to state the reasons why exactly do you personally think that bitcoin is not great and lacks in some points. I know it has great applications and is just great but it is not falwless right?
My question is simple and straight, What are the flaws of bitcoin?
Except its high volatility and "Dark use" (in illegal activities).

Because, there are some of the most prominent disadvantages of bitcoin and all this you need to know and be taken into consideration, including:

Still many people are not familiar with bitcoin nor the digital currency system.
Bitcoin is still under development, so it features are still very limited.
Price or value per 1 bitcoin can suddenly freefall becomes very cheap.
When compared to businesses that accept the common currency, then companies that receive bitcoin's still very little in number.
If a company's willing to accept payments with bitcoin, but Customer Service doesn't understand and causing inconvenience in transactions.
MasterCATZ

Activity: 426
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:05:43 PM

it seems to me that the most important and essential reason is the fall of the course.it might actually scare off a man who just got into crypto.
S_tring

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:10:37 PM

because still there are some risks,such as hacking or hackers and sharp depreciation.but it happens quite rarely, as far as we know

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
Prinox2

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:58:42 AM

Though bitcoin has been awesome in poverty alleviation in the recent time, but here are some disadvantages why people might be discouraged from investing in it....

Extreme volatility
Investing in cryptocurrencies involves very high risk, as prices have been extremely volatile.

Many experts are sceptical about Bitcoin as an investment primarily because there is nothing for them to analyse. Vivek Belgavi, Partner and Fintech Leader, PwC says, “There isn’t enough of an ecosystem surrounding Bitcoins to allow fundamental analysts to study it as an investment.

People are therefore investing with imperfect information and joining the herd of speculators.” Since these cryptocurrency prices are not regulated, as more people enter the market lured by the high prices, the prices climb ever higher.

This might lead to formation of a bubble that will eventually burst and cause widespread losses.

An unregulated space
Unlike other investment avenues, cryptocurrencies are not regulated by government entities or banks.

“There is no authorities like Sebi that you can approach for grievance redressal,” says Vikram Pandya, Director, Fintech, SP Jain School of Global Management.

Remember, “If we buy something with a credit card and get ripped off, we can call the bank and ask to be compensated.

But if we get ripped off in a Bitcoin transaction, it is impossible to get the money back.” As Pethe has realised a little too late, therein lies the pain of investing through unregulated schemes.
goku21

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:18:06 AM

you just have to invest in bitcoin if too much of the price it's also worth the profit you bought cheap and the bitcoin price increase so do not be afraid of bitcoin buying it better at sites you buy bitcoin so you do not get threat bitcoin is important so while the value is low then buy bitcoin
Dheeraj Kumar Singh

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:23:14 AM

0.001 Bitcoin = $92 and 0.001kg of Gold = $42 = $42. Who will buy Bitcoin ?? Looks like "traders cartel" have the Bitcoins. Could be illegal money from terrorists and criminals getting pumped into Bitcoin because of it's anonymity

$1 to $10,000 in 9 years is super-HYIP

Ya absolutely right if there is a advantage of bitcoin then on the other hand there is also a disadvantage of bitcoin and as you said that bitcoin is accessible every where then it has very much chances to terrorist also have this coin and they are using this as a fund source of there army. I totally agree with you.
lodcoling

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:25:05 AM

Investment decision is a very much personal decision. It depends upon the probability of investment return. There is no doubt that the probability of  investment return from BTC is very high. But at first we have to study the market carefully. If we do not study the market, our investment decision may not accurate. We may invest in wrong time. If we invest in peak price then the probability of return is very low. And if we invest in low price the probability of return will be very high. We should collect insight and off-sight news before investment. But most of the people do not practice that things. And ultimately they lose their money.

Another things is the false news. We are very much influenced by false news. before believing something we should justify the news. Then we can take the wright decision.

I think with the passage of time people will overcome their shortcomings, and BTC will go ahed.
Derizia99

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:29:58 AM

if at present, the lack of bitcoin lies in its absence, so that at any time the price may go down, the person behind the bitcoin itself we do not know its existence, maybe that's just the lack of the bitcoin
Desmo

Activity: 412

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:20:16 AM

in my opinion, the most important reason is the opportunity to lose your money.another reason I don't even see and don't want to see
deus030518

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:44:22 AM

There is no reason not to invest in BTC because for me BTC has a good reputation and it has a good effect on me that is why I invest and I suggest that you should invest in BTC to earn bigbut in investing BTC you have to learn it first because if you do not know how to invest you will not earn big. You will just loose some of the money you invest. You can also invest even if you do not have the money you have to invest your time and effort in doing the task and you have to be patience in doing the task and in receiving the BTC.
ottopk

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:57:44 AM

A few pointers for buying and holding Bitcoins:
 Cool Roll Eyes
Never invest more than you are willing/able to lose – Bitcoin is a very risky investment and you should keep in that in mind at all times.
After buying Bitcoins make sure to move them into your own personal wallet and never leave them at the exchange. My personal recommendation is to use a hardware wallet to store your Bitcoins. If you can’t afford a hardware wallet, try a paper wallet.
Make sure to buy Bitcoins only from exchanges that have proven their reputation.BTC
Rosscy

Activity: 243

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:58:03 AM

actually depends on each of us investing bitcoin, because each person has different views. in my opinion, the many advantages we get from investing bitcoin.

Investment Opportunities Bitcoin is very promising to do but the lack of understanding is the lack of understanding of the digital currency of this one.

Always keep in mind you just sign up for a trusted site and do not get fooled by sites that call bitcoins.
afroman1131

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:59:01 AM

there are many reasons to invest in bitcoin.the very first and most important reason is the possibility of the growth of cryptocurrency and quite large

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
DenZil696

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:07:34 AM

LightBitAtom creates a decentralized future for crypto-currency exchanges. The project is aimed at creating a P2P-system of crypto-currency trading, on which a platform will be built, which can not be stopped or censored.
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:07:42 AM

takes how long for you to benefit from the investment. Not only that, you should also know how the process of liquefaction benefits when you have got it, to how the cut loss scheme when needed.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
DenZil696

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:12:33 AM

Famous venture capitalist and author of The Business Blockchain William Mugayar announced the creation of an investment firm that will support crypto and lock-ups, reports CoinDesk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: