Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinCrystalballTrader - Bitcoin Trading Predictive Analytics  (Read 8755 times)
BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:29:50 PM

Last night alerts were sent out to all traders long before the price crash. Those of you not on the Alert Mailing list may have missed it. This reiterates the importance of getting on the list so you will not miss important alerts.

I cannot send those types of alerts to this forum for fears of being accused of causing a panic. So you must get on that list ASAP.

Thanks!!!!

: )

cj

www.QuantTech.us -- Artificially Intelligent Adaptive Algorithmic Trading Systems
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:31:13 PM

Last night alerts were sent out to all traders long before the price crash. Those of you not on the Alert Mailing list may have missed it. This reiterates the importance of getting on the list so you will not miss important alerts.

I cannot send those types of alerts to this forum for fears of being accused of causing a panic. So you must get on that list ASAP.

Thanks!!!!

cj

what do you mean by getting on the list? I thought you said you had no more space available.
BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 04:18:41 AM

There is a special list for our traders. We push urgent updates and warnings to them. We sometimes use this forum thread, but for sensitive information, we use that private mailing list. It's separate from the signals that are sent out.

cj

www.QuantTech.us -- Artificially Intelligent Adaptive Algorithmic Trading Systems
BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 05:04:27 PM

It looks like bitcoin is still struggling. There are a few scenarios where bitcoin could recover today or during the weekend. If any of them play out, you will get Private Messages through the Alert System. So keep an eye out.

cj

BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 03:04:12 AM

15 Minute alerts have been added to the system. If anyone wants more frequent signals, they can be added to your account. Also, this weekend, more advanced Investment Style signals will also be added. So if you are interested in those as well, please tell us in the zendesk system.

cj

BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 05:50:53 AM

As an example of a smaller trade, joining a larger trend (which can be done using the 15M Chart), I went long recently at 985 from the 1 Hour Reversal Signal.

I entered this trade with the expectation of joining the 4 Hour Trend. So now that I'm in, and it immediately went my way sufficiently for me to relax a little. With a little profit under my belt, I going to let this trade breathe a little.

Expecting to latch onto this trend.

I'll tell you how the trade progresses.

cj

BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:34:17 AM

The previous trade didn't work out. Broke through the lower pivot off my entry (pivots as mentioned in the getting started guide), by the time I got to it, I was -$20. Oh well, hence adding in the price alerting system : )

BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:41:27 AM

This is the long trade I just took (those one I mentioned in the email). Mostly I got lucky, I happened to be sitting in front of my computer when this alert triggered. It corresponded with the trendline break, so I took it.

BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 07:31:47 PM

Triangle update has gone out. I might take a long position if the triangle triggers long. I'm going to tempt fate and fade the retreat back to the upper trendline (with a small position of course).

Controlling my risk ; )

cj

outofservice

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:47:04 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 08:11:32 PM by outofservice

Triangle update has gone out. I might take a long position if the triangle triggers long. I'm going to tempt fate and fade the retreat back to the upper trendline (with a small position of course).

Controlling my risk ; )

cj

This is for anyone,

I am new to trading and have gotten into this on my own so please don't shoot me for asking, I am trying to learn/teach myself.
I have done fairly well trading though. Smiley

Which is the upper trendline?
Is there a title/name for each line and bar (Green, black, white, red)?
Can you tell me how to read this chart?

What does it mean, "Traingle went out"?
What does a triangle represent/show?

Thanks
BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 07:42:29 PM

@outofservice (cool name by the way) - I was using this forum as support for our subscribers. Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to an update that went out to them. After an email goes out, I sometimes add additional follow-up information here (instead of re-emailing everyone). Again, my apologies, I will try to be more clear in the future.

cj

BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 07:28:48 PM

===================================
       COUNTER-TREND TRADE EXAMPLE
===================================

I've been getting lots of questions on whether to trade against trend, and what does that mean.

So here's an example of what countertrend trading means from a technical perspective.

In the example below, the signal to SELL or SHORT was issued. When you look at the At-A-Glance, you can see that the two higher timeframes above you are LONG (going against you).

Does this mean you can't trade against the overhead timeframes?

You can trade against them, you just have to be aware that this is a countertrend trade, and you don't expect it to go far. So this would be considered a scalp trade (quick profit).

So in this example (below), you could have made about $10-$25 profit taking a quick profit. There are lots of traders who like to countertrend trade. They do this because they know that profit-taking always steps in to push prices temporarily back down, and that gives a countertrend trader their profit.

You just have to be aware that with countertrend trades, you have to be on your toes.

BitcoinTraderFX (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 07:46:32 PM

===============================
     WITH THE TREND EXAMPLE
===============================

To follow-up, here is an example trade that is going with the trend. The idea of a trend trade (although less exciting than counter-trend trades) is to latch onto the trend of a higher timeframe. So you use the smaller timeframe as a zoomed-in approach to fine-tune your entry, and take less risk.

But the profit motive is BIG. The objective is to catch the bigger wave of movement and then ride the larger wave.

In the example below, you can see that everything is in the green. So although this signal fired quite a while ago, you are still in it, riding the profits.

With a trend-trade you want to then manage your trade with a gentle hand. You want to let the trade breathe a little, managing the trade pivot by pivot. As bitcoin keeps pushing new highs, and doesn't pull back so far as to take out a prior low, you can let it breathe and continue to push upwards.

As the trend extends into higher and higher time-frames, you can just let that single trade turn into an "investment" for a longer hold.

Then look for another low-risk opportunity to get more bitcoin, and ride it upwards into an investment (longer term trade).

SO WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO COUNTERTREND TRADE?
It seems silly to trade against the trend, or to scalp trades when bitcoin is stuck in a congested price range. But there is an advantage to countertrend/scalp trading. The advantage is accumulation of bitcoin, piece-by-piece.

If you started with 1 bitcoin (for example), and only took scalping trades, you would only be making between $50-$100 per trade. But 10-20 successful trades later, you have basically doubled your account and now have 2 bitcoin. So you accumulated another bitcoin, bit-by-bit (no pun intended, well, intended a little.)

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:27:11 AM

WOW this scam is still going... EVERYONE THIS IS A SCAM READ THE THREAD TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LOSE MONEY.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:43:07 PM

WOW this scam is still going... EVERYONE THIS IS A SCAM READ THE THREAD TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LOSE MONEY.

Really?

If you would have taken the 5 minutes to actually read this thread and some of the replies by forum members that tested it, you would have noticed their newsletter/subscription service is very much *not* a scam.

I'm happily (mostly) subscribed for about a month now -- regular updates, competent TA, very friendly and quick responses to all questions I had.

In my experiences, well worth the price.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
maz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:13:00 AM

Ignore this guy.

Been subscribed a few weeks now, it's completely legit, and the staff are very friendly people to deal with. The service is good also.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:50:56 PM

On uptrend "market forecasters" and "TA analysts" appear like mushrooms after rain.

And they get lots of sheepfollowers

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:40:13 PM

Haven't seen any talk about this in the past few days...is this still being used by trusted members on this forum?  How effective has it been for you?
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:50:30 AM

Haven't seen any talk about this in the past few days...is this still being used by trusted members on this forum?  How effective has it been for you?

Ignore the clowns (like wobber). Nothing scammy about this service. Their newsletter is well done, the only complaint I have is that they tend to send a lot of signals, so the expected trading strategy is somewhat different from what I prefer (few, but large trades). Anyway, I never regretted subscribing, because it is still useful information even if I don't act on most of their signals (but I do use them as confirmation for my own trading choices).

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:03:05 AM

Ignore the clowns (like wobber). Nothing scammy about this service. Their newsletter is well done, the only complaint I have is that they tend to send a lot of signals, so the expected trading strategy is somewhat different from what I prefer (few, but large trades). Anyway, I never regretted subscribing, because it is still useful information even if I don't act on most of their signals (but I do use them as confirmation for my own trading choices).

hmmm ok, I'll check it out.   Are all the slots still full?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: