Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox Account Verification -> Error: undefined  (Read 2964 times)
herself

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:24:30 PM

I created a Mt Gox account and uploaded my passport & utility bill on Nov 19th. That day, the site said it would take five business days to do account verification. Yesterday (Nov 26th), I checked, and now the site says it takes ten business days. For all I know, the next time I check, the site may say it takes a month to do account verification.

I only have 1 BTC there, but at today's rate that's a lot of money. I am stunned that I cannot transfer the BTC to another wallet without account verification. I'm not trying to buy or sell, I just want to get my BTC off that site and put it elsewhere. I wonder how many people are in this same situation.

Really wish I had read this thread before dealing with them. If you guys have success getting your accounts verified, I'd love to hear about it.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puppy1014

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:55:51 PM

Hi All,

i have one account in mtgox, this is not verified now. So i'm trying to fill all requested blanks into this form as my photo below. But it does not go to 2 step of uploading for national ID, passport, Bill. It only show "error : undefined" upper of this form.

I sent 4 emails to the support of mtgox, and i've spent 2 days do it by filling my information detail in many times, but it is still this status as before.

Who can help me to complete this problem

Many thanks for your reading

http://i3.upanh.com/2013/1128/15//58204821.undefinededit.jpg?rand=0.17028398509137332

Denmarx

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:49:23 PM

puppy1014, you are in exactly the same boat that I am. I'm getting the same error, and have been over the last two days. I've only submitted one ticket to Mt.Gox. I've heard nothing from them.
mrenouf

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:30:31 PM

Same error here, 3 days with support ticket open and ZERO response (not even automated!)  Huh

Tried Firefox, Chrome, error is definitely server side. That form makes an API call via XHR.
It goes like this:

POST https://www.mtgox.com/api/1/generic/user/aml
[.... form data fields ...]

200 OK
{"result":"error","error":"There was a database error while processing your request","token":"unknown_error"}

MtGox has a broken AML signup form and they probably don't even know it. This is infuriating.
Parzival

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:52:48 PM

I have the same problem.  I wouldn't like to be paranoid but are you sure this "error" is not intentional? If they don't let people get verified they can lock the accounts and keep all the funds. I have some bitcoins there that are now locked. Even a transfer from address to address is not possible. And I receive no answer to my mails...
Parzival

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:41:12 AM

Have you gotten any help to this problem? My support ticket is still open...
Annels

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:54:45 AM

my verification process seems to work without any errors.

i have uploaded the documents in pdf files...

how long does the process take?
herself

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:47:36 PM

hi, I mentioned on Nov 27 that I was frustrated because

1) I was unpleasantly surprised to learn that my 1 BTC at Mt Gox could not be transferred to another wallet until verification was completed
2) when I created my account at Mt Gox, the verification period was 5 days, but when I logged in next time, it had become 10 days

I had lost confidence that I would be able to access or move my 1 BTC there.

But, the verification did come through, in a little more than 10 business days. Mt Gox notified me that I was verified, and I promptly moved my 1 BTC elsewhere (or .999 BTC since Mt Gox took .001).

Thought I should report back that the verification did work.

Apologies if this is a bit off topic, since I did not experience the form submission errors that I think many posters are discussing.
Bottle72

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:29:34 PM

hi, I mentioned on Nov 27 that I was frustrated because

1) I was unpleasantly surprised to learn that my 1 BTC at Mt Gox could not be transferred to another wallet until verification was completed
2) when I created my account at Mt Gox, the verification period was 5 days, but when I logged in next time, it had become 10 days

I had lost confidence that I would be able to access or move my 1 BTC there.

But, the verification did come through, in a little more than 10 business days. Mt Gox notified me that I was verified, and I promptly moved my 1 BTC elsewhere (or .999 BTC since Mt Gox took .001).

Thought I should report back that the verification did work.

Apologies if this is a bit off topic, since I did not experience the form submission errors that I think many posters are discussing.

Good to hear that.
Just a side note, that 0.001 is NOT taken by mtgox, instead it is the bitcoin tx fee.
Denmarx

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:06:13 PM

I tried this out again. Quite frustrating. It is the "Country of Birth" field, and it is just the "United States" value that causes the error. I'm not going to proceed with a false value there, but changing it to a couple other values, (such as Afghanistan) allows me to save that page and proceed to the image upload page.

I've given this info to Mt. Gox in a support ticket.
Denmarx

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:01:07 PM

Seemingly at random, I was able to proceed with my verification process, and have now submitted my documents. We'll see if it goes through.

Also, after I did that, I got a response to my support ticket. The response doesn't really seem related to my error, but then again, maybe it does.

I had, in the past, started an account with Mt. Gox, filled in the first part of the verification process, but never uploaded documents. I forgot about the account and created a new one recently, wherein I got my error. The response to my support ticket was that I was violating the terms of Mt. Gox by having two accounts with them. I suppose it is possible that when I tried to fill out my verification in my new account, that the Mt. Gox system saw a pre-existing verification request with the same name, birth date, and country of birth, and that this is what caused the error.

I've now deleted my other account and reported back to the ticket. We'll see if this goes through.

Anybody else getting the "Error: Undefined" should make sure they don't have any other accounts with Mt. Gox.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: