Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 06:09:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: wtat are the biggest disadvantages of altcoin ?  (Read 461 times)
huhansan

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:25:35 AM

The biggest drawback of Altcoin is that their prices are unstable and volatile, which is the case in the entire cryptocurrency field, but as more and more people accept the cryptocurrency, its price will tend to stabilize.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:27:37 AM

Instability is a huge drawback. You never know what will happen tomorrow. Unfortunately.

Depends really on how you look at it. Because some people even entered the market because it's votilaty to try to turn their money around and is the driving force behind the prices we have today as many people hop on this train to earn money at the end of the day. Because of votilaty mainly what people use is they see AR the current point in time the price and trade upon that. Another obstacle is ease of use as well as people are not educated well enough about their private keys and all that which may lead to them being scared to enter cuz if they screw something up they know there's no turning back their money.
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:35:40 AM

I think the biggest disadvantage is that the price of any alt is linked to the BTC price.
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:36:48 AM

At present, most tokens still have a problem, so the distribution of tokens is too centralized.
And people just want to profit by speculating in tokens.

senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:52:26 AM

The biggest drawback of Altcoin is that their prices are unstable and volatile, which is the case in the entire cryptocurrency field, but as more and more people accept the cryptocurrency, its price will tend to stabilize.

Then Bitcoin is also the same, hence you just made Bitcoin and Altcoin the same thing. Unsuitability and volatility are features of any cryptocurrency even Bitcoin also, so you cannot see them as disadvantage. It is just because these two factors that people make fortune in this market. But what Biggest disadvantage of altcoin is seen over the past few years is that these systems are decentralized but centralized in some sort of way. Their coin is dependent on the team and if unfavorable things happens like hacks or anything else, coin falls to ground in no time, wasting money of many investors and becoming one of the biggest disadvantage of altcoin.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:59:02 AM

The trust is the biggest disadvantage of Altcoin since people stay worried that a company might run away with all of their money. The same happened recently with Freelancer coin. The company raised enough money and then eventually ran away with it.

With an increase in such number of incidents, people refrain from investing money in ICOs and Alts. Such investments are riskier than the investments made in Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Because these ICOs are monitored by anyone and just based on their good white paper these teams can raise funds. Investors also invest money as if there is no tomorrow because they want to become rich faster. That's many people exploiting this weakness in the system to cheat investors. I know it is very hard to find out which one is good and which is not. So I have stopped investing in ICOs and only invest if funds are escrowed by some reputed members.
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:13:11 AM

Its my thought of explanation. As for me the main problem is probably in the goverment section. They see a threat to their economy. With altcoins they cant get any some sort of tax per transaction. And in that case alone its a big loss to the goverment. And also many other altcoins that is not traceable the user use it to buy illegal stuff like in the black market. Thats only my opinion .

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 08:11:20 AM

Bitcoin still need a long time to be accepted as mainstream payment. The two main problems in my opinion is People Trust, and the market volatility. When you ask people around you and yourself, what makes them confident to pay using fiat is because they know that their fiat money is backed up by government regulation and gold. While Bitcoin, even though it has so many feature that made very trustee, but most of people don't understand (at least until now). Second the market volatility make it impossible for business entity to accept it as a payment. They can do business with a currency that has 10%+ price change every day.

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:27:56 AM

Its all about the unwanted protocols and algorithms that has raised out of the blockchain. I mean why they should add it in the main stream if they are not useful in the same manner as the fiat currency. I mean what else they have to offer,? An anonymous coin, and coin with secure transaction? Oh dam we already go that covered in the fiat currency so I dont really understand what crypto makes the difference?

It has to be improved one and must contain far better stability and must provide the characters which it really having in its core. Unless and until we dont explore them there is no meaning to that.
spikyz

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:35:06 AM

for me, the main disadvantage is all the new project is basically a fork of diff coin or just a cloned. Nothing new or original.

everyone want to be ford, honda and toyota.

nobody really want to be like a tesla. thats the problem. They do invent, they just copying
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:04:16 AM

I believe that the biggest drawback of altcoins is that you never know if the project will be successful. A large range of systems, the vast majority of which do not receive recognition and dissemination, can lead to unsuccessful investments. In this segment there is a large number of frankly fraudulent projects posing as promising crypto-currencies.

it is not easy to determine that a project is true and false because the promise is very well expressed, so the possibility of frequent origin is only the origin of making altcoin difficult to grow, but it is certain there will someday be the best can resemble existing and good.
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:11:09 AM

I believe that the biggest drawback of altcoins is that you never know if the project will be successful. A large range of systems, the vast majority of which do not receive recognition and dissemination, can lead to unsuccessful investments. In this segment there is a large number of frankly fraudulent projects posing as promising crypto-currencies.

it is not easy to determine that a project is true and false because the promise is very well expressed, so the possibility of frequent origin is only the origin of making altcoin difficult to grow, but it is certain there will someday be the best can resemble existing and good.

Well step 1 for that is just don't be stupid in investing in altcoins and you'll be fine. The drawbacks that altcoin can give are the various opportunities. Setting aside those scammy ICOs. You don't know what is the best coin to get into apart from its utilization in the blockchain technology and the price.
Slugmonkey

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:33:09 AM

Some of the biggest disadvantages of altcoin is dubious activities that happen in crypto world and the how it damages the reputation of other alts which are actually good and have potential. 46% of the ICOs turn out to be scams. Crypto world badly needs regulation so that people can trust alts. If this trust is solid this can help attract funds of other investors and further funds as well.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:47:38 AM

Well, most of the time the altcoin is evaluated on the basis of company's performance, so its much more vulnerable to rapid price fluctuations and in the most severe cases, a complete downfall of the coin.
South Park

Activity: 2912
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:56:05 PM

Instability is a huge drawback. You never know what will happen tomorrow. Unfortunately.
If that was such a huge drawback then no one will invest in the stock market, real estate or gold and yet most of the money around the world is invested in those three things, besides if it was such a drawback as you said then it will be impossible for us to make as much money as we are making, remember we cannot have a stable currency and a great investment in a single asset.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:06:22 PM

In the title, you were asking about Altcoins, then in the thread, you spoke about Bitcoin.
Well, Bitcoin isn't an Altcoin buddy, it's the mother and the holy father of CRYPTO, it's the king and the new generation of money, it's the new money over internet service, it will be adopted sooner or later, just hangout and wait for the moment!
Harley Quinn

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:39:25 PM

In short - volatility, insfrastructure and user experience.
These long addresses should be replaced with something user friendly. I can't believe I haven't made a mistake for half an year when transacting.
Volatility - merchants can't price goods in something that changes 10% in a day. Most businesses have 10-20% margins of profit.
For alts with smaller volumes volatility is ever bigger.

Whoa I really love this perspective thank you for sharing!

I think generally fear of the unknown is also making a lot of people apprehensive - though they are seeing the benefits more and more.
Lindell

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 10:43:39 PM

The restrain of investors especially big investors to buy bitcoin is also the huge disadvantage due to its volatility. Along with lack of knowledge of others regarding cryptocurrency and government control. And the misbelief of other people that bitcoin is scam due to wrong news.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:59:37 PM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved.

Drawbacks? I would rather tell the main thing why its being prevented to be accepted because its a decentralized thing which cant really be controlled.Would you suffice that feature just for you to make a coin which will patch up that flaw and community would took consideration into your coin? It wont really be an easy thing. Have you seen how many coins in the market trying out to follow bitcoin.?If yes then you know what are the things on your mind should gonna do.
Lindell

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 12:33:14 AM

The other media here in Philippines are controlled by corrupt politicians to spread wrong news about btc .. They should correct their presentation about it because many people think that bitcoin is scam which is totally not.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: