Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:16:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E Scamwatch - Warning to new buyers.  (Read 6262 times)
ecoin_org (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:00:36 PM

Hey Guys,

I don't know if this is an attempt to get people to "trade" or because the pyramid is coming to an end and they are going to cut and run with everyone's assets.

BTC-E is restricting funds withdraws for over 30 days worth of minutes.  I have not seen successful transfers out reported from users behind this time line and they are completely non-responsive on support.

I've wired them over $13,000 USD, the last time I sent a wire was 4 days ago and that $3000 still has not been credited to my account.

I sent them my ID and utility bill per their request and then requested the funds hold go away. They just ignore those requests.

I know have many open tickets with them and feel like they are going to take all the money and run.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND not using them at this time until I Report they are doing the right thing.

Will be back with updates.

CT

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 08:05:11 PM

looks legit...

Grin

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
colinistheman

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:08:43 PM

convert your money to bitcoin and send elsewhere, then withdraw there?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ecoin_org (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:18:14 PM

They are not allowing for withdraws under any currency, crypto or otherwise.

Get the same response 100% of the time no matter what cryptocurrency I try to withdraw in "Money hold XXXXX Minutes" and then users in the trollbox are complaining about not receiving funds when they have withdrawn.

They may just be overloaded with new business and only have 1 person running the show. Just a sign of caution at this point. Don't contribute to the pyramid scam if they are going to cut and run with our funds. I will notify here when I see a positive result and disclose what I find in entirety.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:26:52 PM

My experience with btc-e is: they are not going to take your money and run, and just for comparison purposes your $16,000 is a small amount compared with the amount of money they take on fees even in a single day like yesterday ($200,000+).

What is more likely is that they are swamped, other companies like Mtgox at one point took several weeks to verify identification documents, there could be a significant backlog.

Not saying there isn't room for improvement, just want to offer some reassurance.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:27:57 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 08:45:34 PM by franky1

Hey Guys,

I don't know if this is an attempt to get people to "trade" or because the pyramid is coming to an end and they are going to cut and run with everyone's assets.

BTC-E is restricting funds withdraws for over 30 days worth of minutes.  I have not seen successful transfers out reported from users behind this time line and they are completely non-responsive on support.

I've wired them over $13,000 USD, the last time I sent a wire was 4 days ago and that $3000 still has not been credited to my account.

I sent them my ID and utility bill per their request and then requested the funds hold go away. They just ignore those requests.

I know have many open tickets with them and feel like they are going to take all the money and run.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND not using them at this time until I Report they are doing the right thing.

Will be back with updates.

a few things you forget about dealing with FIAT, 4 days ago makes it friday you deposited... but fiat works on BUSINESS DAYS

3-5 business days.
friday=day zero
monday =day one
tuesday= day two
wednesday=day three
thursday=day four
friday=day five

enough said

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gen666

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:42:19 PM

I have the problem with deposit from perfect money.  when i deposit 10 USD ,it is immediately. And when i deposit over hundred USD,i do not received the money in my account. and has passed over 30 hours.
sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 03:11:36 PM

Where is the announcement that they're no longer processing cryptocurrency withdrawals? Has anyone else experienced this?
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:23:39 PM

Just tested .5 BTC.  They sent me an email to confirm which I got right away.  I clicked the link in the email which took me to a page that said something in Russian.  I translated that and it said "The application was successfully validated."  And now I see the pending transaction on the blockchain (no confirms just yet).  So it all looks fine to me.
bitdigger2013

Activity: 397

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 05:39:06 PM

I have a similar issue with BTC-e.

I used Payeer.com to make a deposit last week.

1. BTC-e deposit feature sends you to Payeer.com payment site
2. Filled out details and sent to Liqpay credit card processing.
3. Submit credit card payment with Liqpay.com and get confirmation by text that payment has been sent.
4. Payeer.com screen stuck at processing for hours.
5. Contact BTC-e support to let them know that Payeer.com is stuck processing while Liqpay.com text message confirms funds have been sent
6. BTC-e says takes 2-7 business days and closes ticket.
7. 4 days later payment shows up on credit card statment
8. Verify payment status with link provided by Payeer.com in email I got of transaction...it shows payment CANCELED
9. Tried to contact BTC-e, Payeer.com, Liqpay.com about issue with NO RESPONSE

Only reason I even tried this deposit was I saw a Youtube video of a how to deposit to btc-e via payeer.com and his deposit looked like it was instant. Sure looks like I will have to try and do a charge back with CC.

Hope this post will avoid some others to get SCAMMED by BTC-e and the impossible layers they put in place to try and get funds in their exchange. Just glad I never sent that Wire Transfer with larger funds that I wanted to do. No charge back with a wire!!
gen666

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:40:57 AM

Today  the btc-e has fixed this . I got the money. Smiley
EgoPay

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:39:50 AM

I would advice you to move to EgoPay. We never had any problems managing BTC-E finance, and we can assure you that we wont let them run away with your money.
ecoin_org (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:22:34 PM

Update.

BTC-E did not "Fix" anything.  I sent ALL of the verification documents they wanted weeks ago. Deposited via Wire transfer.  This is the message I get in attempting to withdraw.

Money hold. 529 hours left

Why do I see such error? Hold is used in the following cases:
Changing\resetting the password, changing of the e-mail. For the purpose of security. Hold up to 3 days. It cannot be removed.
Depositing money from the payment systems with a high fraud activity. Hold from 1 to 7 days. It cannot be removed.
Depositing money through the wire transfer. The time of the hold is from 1 month. It can be removed by providing your IDs through the ticket. - BS, I sent it in long ago.
You are a new user. Hold is up to 3 days. It cannot be removed.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:32:17 PM

i hate their trollbox anyways ....
meelos

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:41:59 PM

I'm in a similar position. Deposited 10k USD using international wire transfer on the 15th October. Send in SWIFT copy proof of transfer but they simply won't reply to my support tickets. In fact they've just closed my ticket and still no response.
I created a fake account on monday and asked support how long withdrawals take, got a response within 5 hours. When I asked why they aren't responding to my other account.... Silence.

They are trying to steal my money.

Opened a thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334039.0
ecoin_org (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:01:36 AM

Just updating, still says 498 hours, they won't let me withdraw in any currency and a trollbox user posted:

tom10122: I MADE A WITHDRAW 1 WEEK AGO AND RECIEVED NOTHING

They have also closed 3 tickets about lifting the time limit without response - I sent requested verification documents.

We will see but if anyone that doesn't sound like one of BTC-E's support people confirm they withdrew recently and how much, would be great.
Jbfu3os9ss

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:25:45 AM

I have the problem with deposit from perfect money.  when i deposit 10 USD ,it is immediately. And when i deposit over hundred USD,i do not received the money in my account. and has passed over 30 hours.

Jesus,I am also the same.deposit from egopay. 5k usd. i do not received the money in my account and passed over 95 hours now.
Jbfu3os9ss

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:33:56 AM

Today  the btc-e has fixed this . I got the money. Smiley

In addition to wait, what did you do and they have answered your ticket?
Jbfu3os9ss

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:41:24 AM

I would advice you to move to EgoPay. We never had any problems managing BTC-E finance, and we can assure you that we wont let them run away with your money.
seem like a lie.Grin
I deposit from egopay. More than 90 hours, I did not receive the money, I do not know where my money.
a7788

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:49:25 PM

After read what you guys suffered, and I'd like to say these platform are sucks, not only the BTC-e. To be opposite, I buy BTC here in China so easy, and  there are many platforms:
1. The desposite funds instantly, you can buy with your money in 2~3 seconds.
2. The support is faster than these platform in Euro evenif you have to wait 4~5hours during busiest days, which is complained to be improved to reply instantly.
3. The withdraw maybe take 1~2 days including weekend.

To compare with the situation in Euro, we're easier to trade here in China. But the platform just only receive CNY.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: