Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:47:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN SCAM PROTECTION TIPS !  (Read 268 times)
buyandsale (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:33:09 PM
Merited by odolvlobo (1)

Here are some tips to be safe giving this cause many people don't follow basics and always asking how to be safe and detect its scam or not !

1) NEVER DEAL WITH A PERSON WHO DON'T HAS ANY REPUTATION

2)  ALWAYS TRADE WITH A PERSON WHO HAS POSITIVE RATING

3) DON'T INVEST IN ANY BTC DOUBLES SITES ALL ARE SCAM

4) THINK BEFORE HOW THEY WILL GIVE U MORE MONEY WHATS THERE PROFIT IN THAT NO ONE WILL GIVE U FREE BTC OR MORE

5) 80 % OF MINING SITES ARE SCAMS AND FRAUD THEY MAKE MONEY FROM US GIVES 1 TO 3 YEARS CONTRACTS AND CLOSE THERE ACCOUNTS SAYING THEY GOT HACKED

6) ABOUT DEALING ON bitcointalk ALWAYS DO VIA ESCROW OR AN MIDDLE MAN WHO HAS GOOD REPUTATION

7) NEVER STORE UR BTC ON ONLINE WALLERS LIKE LOCALBITCOINS OR ANY TRADING PLATFORM AND ALWAYS USE TWO WAY PROTECTION

8 ) NEVER EVER SHARE YOUR ID PROOFS TO ANY OF YOUR FRIEND OR NEVER SHARE EMAIL IDS KEEP YOUR PASSWORDS STRONGEST

9) MOST IMPORTANT POINT TO DO IS BEFORE INVESTING ANYWHERE OR BEFORE DEALING DO RESEARCH ON GOOGLE

Hopping all this tips will help most of new comers in bitcoin community also if more points you need to add or wana suggest then do write below

cheers ! be safe ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 01:42:38 PM

Here are some tips to be safe giving this cause many people don't follow basics and always asking how to be safe and detect its scam or not !

4) THINK BEFORE HOW THEY WILL GIVE U MORE MONEY WHATS THERE PROFIT IN THAT NO ONE WILL GIVE U FREE BTC OR MORE

5) 80 % OF MINING SITES ARE SCAMS AND FRAUD THEY MAKE MONEY FROM US GIVES 1 TO 3 YEARS CONTRACTS AND CLOSE THERE ACCOUNTS SAYING THEY GOT HACKED

6) ABOUT DEALING ON bitcointalk ALWAYS DO VIA ESCROW OR AN MIDDLE MAN WHO HAS GOOD REPUTATION

7) NEVER STORE UR BTC ON ONLINE WALLERS LIKE LOCALBITCOINS OR ANY TRADING PLATFORM AND ALWAYS USE TWO WAY PROTECTION

8 ) NEVER EVER SHARE YOUR ID PROOFS TO ANY OF YOUR FRIEND OR NEVER SHARE EMAIL IDS KEEP YOUR PASSWORDS STRONGEST

9) MOST IMPORTANT POINT TO DO IS BEFORE INVESTING ANYWHERE OR BEFORE DEALING DO RESEARCH ON GOOGLE

Hopping all this tips will help most of new comers in bitcoin community also if more points you need to add or wana suggest then do write below

cheers ! be safe ...

With the rise of bitcoin, there would also be a correlation in the rise of people who would like to take advantage of the situation and have a hand on scamming people. THe tips above are both helpful to newbies and to veteran bitcoin users alike. People would do anything to be a freeloader and they would say anything to have to swindle people onto whatever they would be offering only to have it be all based on a lie and all your investments and money especially bitcoin stolen

fargoway

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:44:52 PM

Thank you for the tips. But I believe being careful and attentive is enough not to lose your money. Yes, there are a lot of scammers in the blockchain niche, but bitcoin gives us opportunities to be in safe from hackers.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:53:24 PM

i think these are pretty simple. the first and only rule is "don't be greedy!"
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:50:05 AM

cheers ! be safe ...
That is some great knowledge you got there! It is true that one must follow all of this to prevent being scammed so the chances of success will increase. To that end, thanks for reminding the whole bitcoin community about this.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:38:51 AM

In this case, scammers are using cryptocurrency. That is why never ever trust anybody you just met in a social space like here in forum, Facebook or twitter. Unless, you know the person, personally. I may also agree that most of the mining sites  are not legit and just a fraud sites to know personal informations. Be aware also in a Phishing sites who have misleading url. I have acquintance who were being trapped by a phising sites and send btc to a phishing site.
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:05:03 AM

cheers ! be safe ...
All of this is very useful and important to remember of all us. It will really help us in avoiding to have a unexpected connection to the scammers people. But unfortunately, it's really hard to admit that there are some moment that we are already has a connection to those people that has an intention to scamming us without our awareness so it is better that we need to be very much careful to communicate in other people specially if we don't know them very well. The scammers is everywhere so let's be much alert and aware. 
usamamalik555

Activity: 615
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:25:01 AM

Good list! I rely almost on the same tips and the very first one is always do research, google everything and double-check. Because there are so many people, who wait for your false step to scam you.
GeckoTrader

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:31:56 AM

1. Never Use public Wifi in accessing your private wallets or opening your accounts.

2. Do not store your password and recovery phrase in the internet like google drive, email and online storage.

3. If somebody offering you business to invite a friend in  exchange of bitcoin that is red flag already. (pyramiding or networking using the face of bitcoin)

4. Always do background check.
Bhalibad

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:56:19 AM

1. Never Use public Wifi in accessing your private wallets or opening your accounts.

2. Do not store your password and recovery phrase in the internet like google drive, email and online storage.

3. If somebody offering you business to invite a friend in  exchange of bitcoin that is red flag already. (pyramiding or networking using the face of bitcoin)

4. Always do background check.

Fist thing to protect our Bitcoin in scam, don't saying to each other about your bitcoin password even your friends keep it silent. Make sure that when you trade your token make it careful so that we are not victim by scam.
jose111

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:19:33 AM

cheers ! be safe ...
At first, I wanted to thank you for the additional information that you share to us it's been a big help for me and most specially to all newbies here. However, scammers are actually in everywhere sometimes we didn't know that they are connected to us already so we better careful specially in doing or making any transactions. In addition, I think that it is better that we don't give trust easily to others specially when we didn't know them so well therefore we can't possible involve in scamming situations.
RenatoVillarinJr

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:36:12 AM

Exit SCAMS are often Associated with the Darker corners of the web or with  Crypto investment ventures. If these are the sort of places you like to roll with you BITCOIN, well, the only Advice is “buyer beware.” . . . .
COCOMARTIN

Activity: 153
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:11:56 PM

cheers ! be safe ...

thank you for the good news for us who have not yet been able to know how to choose a good intermediate bitcoin so much help it especially to know what to do and not to invest in butcoin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io ║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jhayryl

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:23:55 PM

cheers ! be safe ...

thank you for treading me because I know some of them that can help me invest in bitcoin because I do not have to fool myself yet and I'm afraid that I might be offended and I'm just happy to invest my thanks.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:30:07 PM

I do hope that those who have read this will follow it by heart. Because there are a lot of scammers out there, so it better to keep a watchful eye and read this guide before you let go of your beloved bitcoin and crypto's. I agree with the tips being laid out by the OP and I'll be honest with you that I was once a victim of a doubler site but I've learn my lessons in a hard and expensive way.

So you better not to trust someone that easily and always remember that "If its too good to be true then it probably is". This old adage is very applicable in this market.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:53:35 PM

cheers ! be safe ...
All of that will be useful to us. Thank you for that and I really appreciate it. However, we need to keep to our mind that in any place there are the possible scammers so we need to be much careful enough. Think so many times before we do some actions like dealing or having a connection in other peoples that we didn't know them so much. Be much alert and aware so we can't be the one of the victims of this foolish things which is scamming. We don't exactly the personality of those scammers so it is better to be trust no one. 
Joushi

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:48:58 PM

cheers ! be safe ...
Thank you for this helpful tips
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:57:48 PM

All of the suggestions I have read in this thread is summarized into one sentence which is ''Don't get Greedy''. If anyone can comply with that, you have cut down the chances of being scammed to 80% the other 20% will then come from someone who wants to enter into a legitimate deal but the other party decide to play a fast one after all the precautions.

Its only when one is greedy that you will see 15% weekly investment that you want to be involved.

Its greediness that someone is selling a phone at less than 50% market price and you see it as an opportunity that once lost might not be regain.

It is also greediness that would want you to exchange your bitcoin for reversible payment because the individual is buying at a premium.

Its also greediness that make you lend out funds without adequate collateral simply because the borrower is promising high payment rates etc.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:12:31 PM

cheers ! be safe ...
Bitcoin is very volatile and very powerful crypto currency that it can boost the development of any country to a very great extent but the true power lies in the hands of user. Bitcoin could be a boon for the humanity if it is used well and wisely and on the same hand, it could be very disastrous if it goes in wrong hands. Bitcoin scams , selling drugs, explosives, money laundering are such examples of bitcoin misuses.and to prevent yourself from any bitcoin scam the best way is to keep your keys and passwords very confidential and safe.
Romeotom

Activity: 814
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:03:32 PM

I think not bad article, thanks for sharing.i also believe in bitcoin is a most of number one Cryptocurrency.it will be never die.i read in news for the investment day by day decrease, because their are not believe in investment.their already leave him.their want to start trading for the good profitable as the short time.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: